Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mercedes-Benz and Smart
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which SUV?
Mercedes Benz Gl 550 13 34.21%
Range Rover HSE 5 13.16%
Cadillac Escalade 20 52.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:31 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
Anyway of the three I would probably choose the Escalade. While it's basically a luxury Tahoe/Yukon, it looks the best of the three, is the cheapest, and the most powerful. Some may see it as too flashy, but aren't all luxury SUVs?

And just a little FYI for those of you that did not know: the Escalade is the most popular full size luxury SUV in the US.
A bit too Gangsta' for me. I'll take the MB anyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,925 times
Range rover or chevy tahoe? Wheich one you will buy?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:05 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,224,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurzeecat View Post
Range rover or chevy tahoe? Wheich one you will buy?
Chevy Tahoe.... How much more obvious could it be?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:35 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
I'm on my third Range Rover, so the choice is easy for me... I'd love to have a new RR Sport. But, I don't like the heavy depreciation of a new vehicle. So I'll keep my '01 Range Rover 4.6 HSE, thank you.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:13 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I sell luxury cars, so my opinion would be -

Range Rover - If you buy a Range Rover, pray, sacrifice a chicken, do whatever it is you do, and hope you get a good one. It's pretty rare, and if you don't, the service department will be your new home. Absolutely atrocious reliability. Nice cars to look at, and the inside is nice, but I wouldn't touch one personally. Not to mention the resale value is abysmal.

Escalade - Nice truck, but you are essentially paying for a fancy Tahoe. A guy at work bought one, and he hates it. It rattles and creaks and basically doesn't feel like a luxury SUV. It should be fairly reliable mechanically, but the little stuff will break. Personally, for that kind of money, I would expect more from a vehicle.

Mercedes - I love the GL-series of SUV's. They have some problems now and then, but Mercedes warranty is excellent, and it's nothing like the RR. The GL has a ton of awesome features, too. I would certainly take the GL over the other two. I have several clients that own one and absolutely love it.

Ever considered a Lexus LX 570? Awesome SUV's, and in that price range you are looking at.
Agreed. I'd also suggest looking at the LX570. That's a dream on wheels. Superb machine. MY father picked one up a few months ago. I drove it a few times. I never want to return it to him. I say go with the LX570. You won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Whips View Post
Range Rover isn't reliable, Escalade is too popular, MB is too bland.I always wanted and like the G500 which they stop making a couple years ago.I will take a good look at Infiniti and Toyota.Just my .02.
The Land Cruiser and LX570 are no brainers. Not as popular as the Escalade or Range Rover, but above and beyond them in build, quality, and durability. The luxury is on par as well. The G-wagen is also a good suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I am telling you, LX 570.

Absolutely amazing vehicles.
Oh, I know. Truly amazing!!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 6,715 times
Why did your scenario with the Escalade have to be rappers ??? why not Doctors ??

Old 05-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Well, I can give you some imput because we own both a Range Rover Sport (don't know if your thinking of that or the full sized one) & an Escalade. The RR is mine & the Escalade my hubby's. For one, I know RR has a bad rep for reliability but we've had ours for over a year & not a single issue (knock on wood) It handles very well & looks great. We did some upgrades to it. My only complaint is the back is a little too small for what I'd like & no 3rd row seat. Also, putting anything large in the cargo area can be a pain as the way the back glass slants down, I can't always get it closed.

The Escalade we have now is our second one. As with our first, it's incredibly reliable, the ride & comfort are awesome, plenty of room & the extras are all pretty much standard. The 3rd row seats are roomy & functional as well. Don't know if Mercedes offers this but the Escalade also has air conditioned seats. That's SO nice during the summer. The only reason I don't steal it from my hubby is it's black & I hate black. There are so many black Escalades around our area, I joke to my husband everytime I see one. Now, if he'd trade it in for a color I like, then it would be mine We recently drove the truck from Indiana to Florida. Our first big road trip ever, 2 adults, 2 children, a dog & a cargo load of stuff & we were comfy as can be.

So in the end, I like both but I would vote Escalade
Sounds like you posses alot of $$$$ right ? LOL

Old 05-12-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
I'm on my third Range Rover, so the choice is easy for me... I'd love to have a new RR Sport. But, I don't like the heavy depreciation of a new vehicle. So I'll keep my '01 Range Rover 4.6 HSE, thank you.
Gas Guzzler ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mercedes-Benz and Smart