Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 11:07 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times

Advertisements

Colonizing?........don't think so. I have bought Mexico tomatos in San Diego while the other day here in Rosarito bought a head of Calif lettuce.......we scratch each others back......besides if the Americans were required to leave this place would be a ghost state.

There are thousands of Americans between TJ and Ensenada living here as Tourist/Residents as I call myself while we do live under the Mexican rule and their currency most of the time.

I'm not biased but just stating facts as they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 11:41 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,112,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
USA is currently colonizing the peninsula of Baja California and the moment will come when American citizens will be more than Mexicans and then USA will take again Mexican territory without any problem.
If we wanted to take over Baja California (or any part of Mexico for that matter) we would just march in and take over. No need for us to wait decades as Gringos slowly move to Baja and Chapala and so forth, we don't need to play the long game ... although it would certainly make things easier.

IMO what prevents us from doing so is the fear that the entire population of Mexico would pack their bags and move across the Rio Grande since US annexation would make the Mexicans into US nationals, and free movement would be their legal right as per Gonzalez v Williams (US Supreme Court case in 1904).

Old 05-24-2015, 06:51 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,807,206 times
interesting idea. baja california has always felt as a logical extension of the U.S for me.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:42 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,796,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
If we wanted to take over Baja California (or any part of Mexico for that matter) we would just march in and take over. No need for us to wait decades as Gringos slowly move to Baja and Chapala and so forth, we don't need to play the long game ... although it would certainly make things easier.

IMO what prevents us from doing so is the fear that the entire population of Mexico would pack their bags and move across the Rio Grande since US annexation would make the Mexicans into US nationals, and free movement would be their legal right as per Gonzalez v Williams (US Supreme Court case in 1904).
What prevents you from doing so is having a war and economic instability in your own home. It would be an idiotic move.

Look how well things have gone in Iraq.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:06 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,176,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
USA is currently colonizing the peninsula of Baja California and the moment will come when American citizens will be more than Mexicans and then USA will take again Mexican territory without any problem.

I hope it happens soon. Then the Americans will be obliged to stop their Russian bashing over their annexation of Crimea, or would it be a case of "do what I say, not what I do"?
LOL! I would not want to see violence between the two nations, but I wish I thought the majority of Americans still had that kind of fire in their blood.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:57 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,893,069 times
How come if most posters come in and post nonsense about colonization in any other country threads the mods quickly lock things up, but Mexico is fair game?

Old 05-25-2015, 10:26 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Why didn't the US buy the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people? Say, 5-million extended families in Iraq. We could have given each family $100,000, that would be $500 billion, they'd be friends for life, ISIS with no chance.. Another hundred billion for Saddam Hussien and his family to move in exile to some country that would accept him. Total price, about half of the trillion-plus, that the Bush look-at-me war wound up costing.

Because buying what it wants to take is not how the USA does things. No fun, no glory, no sending the right message..

Old 05-26-2015, 04:05 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,935,425 times
Buy Baja California? Whose gonna pay for that?

Old 05-26-2015, 08:00 AM

491 posts, read 324,976 times
The entire notion of this thread is silly.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:57 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,483,937 times
its not Anglicized yet and the infrastructure isn't there. Plus, you'd have to deal with the cartel crimes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico