Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 06:25 PM

33 posts, read 119,450 times

Advertisements

Seems to range from the ill informed to the completely clueless. Does anybody really have any Mexico experience??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 07:46 PM

Default oye

no offense , just tryin to get somethin statrted .

Old 12-28-2007, 11:44 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Talking RE: Pretty slow board????

What are you looking for? What do you classify as experience?One day in TJ ?One day in Rosarito Beach? 3 days in ensenada? 3 days in CABO? 1 week in Mexico City. The list goes on.Again, what are you looking for? Someone with less knowledge or more knowledge of Mexico then you. Try me, I probably have equal or more time and experience in 14 years of living in MEXICO then many people I have met. None went thru what experiences I had and the doors that opened for me because of my connection in the hiarchy.YO Espere Senor Stefhen (baja mexico)

Old 12-29-2007, 08:15 AM

Steve , you are what I was lookin for man , someone to respond to my posts.I happened on this board a couple days ago , posted a few times and didn,t see any new posts since. I'm just bored I guess, tryin to get a conversatiion started one way or another. Guess it worked . lol. Relax man , I love Maz too. I'll be down there middle of Jan. for 3 wks , lookin forward to movin back next year to live out the rest of my days.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:09 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Wink RE: Pretty slow board????

Kingfishat60: Que tal? como esta? (whats up, how are you) I apologize if my answer to your post came across to harshly, as it was not meant to be so. Experience as it may be varys on all individuals point of view. I feel you are 60 and a little younger then me. I am a little over 25 (3rd time around). Over 20 yrs ago I was married to a MEXICAN national from MEXICO CITY and spent 3 yrs there. She had a high executive position in a GOVMT owned company, and as such being her spouse opened many doors when accosted by POLICE/FEDERALES/ (MORDIDA) along with acceptence from IMMIGRATION/CUSTOMS officials. That is MEXICO for you. I either drove or flew back and forth every 3 months for the 3 yrs I was there. My passport was stamped so much, they first thought i was dealing drugs until I explained my wives status, they would say I was a very lucky man. I drove down to Cabo and caught the ferry to Puerto Vallarta to Tepic to Guadalajara to Queretaro to Mexico City many times. Another time took the ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan to Tepic etc. Beautiful scenery. Never had a problem driving alone. I could take a manuscritpt of pages to describe all the cities that I have been thru. I had a VIP tour of the VW factory in Puebla. Visited VERA CRUZ in the summer (hot/humid) beautiful place. No AMERICAN tourists. We had a weekend house in Cuernavaca (city of eternal spring) 60's-70's all yr. Its half way to Acapulco, tourist haven for those from Europe. One block off the main drag is a dump. Only thing nice is the beach and weather (90's) Wheeeh I'm tired Stefhen

Old 12-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Default No apologies needed Steve

great post , you surely do have Mexico experience. I'm the one who probably should apologize. You see I guess I'm a medium of sorts , I often channel an enity (only after 5 pm of course) named Don Pedro. Don Pedro seldom has anything intelligent or important to say (although he thinks he's quite clever) but he can sometimes be rather rude. I think that's what happened when I made that first post.

Anyway , I too have lived and traveled extensively in Mexico and Lat. Am. I too am married to Mexican national. I married my dentist back in 1998. I swore up and down that I'd never marry again but I did and I'm glad . She's the greatest gal in the world and I love her more now than I diid when I married her almost ten years ago.

We now live in southwestern New Mexico about a half hour from Palomas ,Chihuahua. We got caught flat footed by the real estate crash with our home and a rental property on the market. Needless to say , it's still on the market and probably will be for some time. When we do manage to sell them however, we'll be heading back to Mazatlan to live out our days "en la Perla del Pacifico"

( of course Don Pedro is the brand name of a cheap, but very passable , Mexican brandy of which I'm a huge fan )

Old 01-03-2008, 01:45 PM

12 posts, read 35,830 times
you people act like living in mexico is a game
STEVE or whatever your name is i read things that you say about the government in arizona needs to crack down on the illegals
hey KINGFISHAT60 i would listen to nothing he has to say
just my thoughts though
~ashley~

Old 01-03-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlove0792 View Post
you people act like living in mexico is a game
STEVE or whatever your name is i read things that you say about the government in arizona needs to crack down on the illegals
hey KINGFISHAT60 i would listen to nothing he has to say
just my thoughts though
~ashley~
Hey Assley, life's just a game man, learn to relax a little , just my thoughts

Old 01-03-2008, 08:13 PM

99 posts, read 310,895 times
I have a brother-in-law who is back in the States for the next few days. He is heading back to the tip of the Baja, Cabo San Lucas. Where he just finished building his retirement home outside of Cabo and he really loves it! He and my sister vacationed in Mexico for many years. There are alot of Americans and Canadians buying lots and building vacation/retirement homes in his area. He purchased healthcare at the local hospital, for $250 a year, that is all he will have to pay for any bill, that he might acquire.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-04-2008, 03:52 PM

12 posts, read 35,830 times
i'm sorry
its just that i see all of these people suffering
or as americans think these ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS
they don't even consider them people
i have lived with many illegal immigrants and have had a rough life with them
and i just feel so sorry for them
well i guess thats part of the problem
and i do understand were a lot of you people come from
yea they do come over her and cause a lot of crime problems but you know what it doesn't make a difference there will always be high crime rates everywhere you go no matter who causes it...
thats just the facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico