Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 08:08 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Wouldn't a weaker peso make it even more profitable to move a factory to Mexico?

I think Trump will slow more jobs moving to Mexico but the jobs that are already there will stay. There's too big of a cost gap between the US and Mex. for no goods to be made there and shipped to the USA even with tariffs.
Trump does not have dictatorial powers and supporters who think he can completely reverse things will be disappointed. But just a few months ago his opponents were telling us he had no ability to change things at all and it was controlled by market forces. He hasn't even been sworn in and we've seen at least 4 big corporations announce large investments in the USA and in some cases canceled large investments in Mexico.

What opponents didn't understand is that corporations are dependent on a friendly host government in so many ways - some visible and some not. Corporations really really don't want to be on the bad side of the government. The only thing Trump has actually done is set the tone and send the message that the USA will not take kindly to companies that seek to sell their product and collect their money here but offshore production and spend their money elsewhere. The attitude projected by the Obama admin and would have been continued by a Clinton admin was one of indifference if not encouragement for this. Even in debates where the Carrier planned move was brought up, she basically ignored it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 04:03 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOLee View Post
Funk Trump.
Presidents are selected, not elected.
Notice the American Ship continue to stay on course regardless of who or which party is elected?
That's because the real power is behind the scenes, whom the general public does not vote for.
Trump is a pawn of the oppressors.

Just like Obama.. Trump will reveal his true colors after a few weeks.
He will also break all his campaign promises just like Obama.

The last true President who was elected and had true free will: R.I.P. John F. Kennedy.
- this is why the Elites continue to eliminate all male heirs of the family.
That true "free will" got him killed.

Kennedy is way overrated, not that good a Pesident as most people think.
He was basically just a slick talking horn dog with a good head of hair

Actually not much different than a couple of other Presidents....

Old 01-15-2017, 09:33 AM

143 posts, read 192,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
That true "free will" got him killed.

Kennedy is way overrated, not that good a Pesident as most people think.
He was basically just a slick talking horn dog with a good head of hair

Actually not much different than a couple of other Presidents....
i beg to differ. i believe he's underrated. this speech alone should tell you all you need to know:
Quote:
“The very word “secrecy” is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings… Our way of life is under attack. Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe… no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of “clear and present danger,” then I can only saythat the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent… For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day.It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.” - John F. Kennedy
Audio Transcript: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HTr-F-FVM

His assassination was ruthless and purposeful as an example for future presidents.
R.I.P

Old 01-15-2017, 12:17 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,776,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanOLee View Post
i beg to differ. i believe he's underrated. this speech alone should tell you all you need to know:

Audio Transcript:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HTr-F-FVM

His assassination was rut
hless and purposeful as an example for future presidents.
R.I.P
Were you an adult during the Kennedy presidency or are you basing your opinion on hearsay?

I was an adult when Kennedy was president and he was not a good president. In fact if he had not been assassinated, he probably would not have been reelected.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:18 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito
I am totally dismayed, sad and alarmed by what is happening now. All the media talk on the radio about Trump.
Yes its sickening.... Mexico should tell him where to stick it!

Old 01-16-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
LMAO.

Nobody is going to tell him where o stick it, least of all Mexico.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:10 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Exports are 35% of Mexican GDP. Guess who their biggest trading partner is...

Old 01-16-2017, 06:25 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,329,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post

That has happened before in Mexican history..when the US tried to invade Veracruz. Mexico sold all his oil to Germany WWI I believe.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:32 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,726,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
I'm sure Mexico will happily sell to China and India instead even if it means a hit to the economy and be a base for Russia, if things continue in the current unpleasant direction. If the US wants a wall then the US must pay for it.

The US is playing a dangerous game especially with the cooling of relations with Europe. Mexico is no weakling, it's the 15th largest economy in the world.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
That has happened before in Mexican history..when the US tried to invade Veracruz. Mexico sold all his oil to Germany WWI I believe.
Things are different now. We don't need Mexico's oil now. In fact we will be exporting oil pretty soon.

Why don't you guys cool it for now and see how it plays out. Nothing is going to happen in the immediate future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico