Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2017, 02:03 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

and now much older I go no where but think about the Lovely little trips to San Felipe and the drive from LA area.

SANFELIPE.COM.MX - Welcome to the official town web site and information center for San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico - "No Bad Days"

Easy drive from LA, to Calexico across Border to Mexicali and then to San Felipe. AHHHHH...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 02:01 PM

549 posts, read 722,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
and now much older I go no where but think about the Lovely little trips to San Felipe and the drive from LA area.

SANFELIPE.COM.MX - Welcome to the official town web site and information center for San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico - "No Bad Days"

Easy drive from LA, to Calexico across Border to Mexicali and then to San Felipe. AHHHHH...
That looks like a fun time. I wish we had something like that here in South Florida. Our only chance to get away in less than five hours is a trip to the airport. Luckily there are a bunch of destinations within a few hours reach but I'd love to be able to just get in the car and make a weekend of it without the hassles of an airport.

Cheers and hoping you'll get back in a short period of time.

Old 07-01-2017, 12:26 PM

6 posts, read 4,884 times
We live here on the Pacific side of Baja, in a small fishing village called La Chorera, just outside of San Quintin. Has some great beaches and awesome surf fishing...

Old 07-02-2017, 09:47 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,373,540 times
SanQuintin, I've visited your several times on my way up or down the trans-peninsular highway. I usually stay at a small hotel near the bay away from the main road.

Is it very difficult to find a small house to rent in that area? I speak fluent Spanish so communication is not a problem. San Quintin is somewhat rural and there are not many US residents, so I am not sure how difficult it would be to find a rental there compared to a larger place like Loreto or Mulege.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:02 AM

6 posts, read 4,884 times
You must be referring to either Don Eddies or the Old Mill - only two down by the bay. There are rentals available but very hard to find online. You have to spend a few days here and simply drive around and talk to folks. A good friend of mine found a nice place on the bay a few months back for a good price.

If you are serious about this, send me a PM and I can introduce you to the community around that area who will know what's available...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico