Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Mexico: politics.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Ok, pro narco,
The other thing -- it is not up to us to stop the drug filled planes landing in Mexico from Colombia -- Mexico is a sovereign land. It's not really up to us to stop the drug shipments from making it from those planes the warehouses on the border. Those aren't our highways to patrol, they are the responsibility of Mexico. It's not up to us to go over and search the warehouses along the border, or dig up the bodies in Juarez backyards. We have our own side of the border to worry about, Mexico has it's.

I also believe in our Constitutional rights, no illegal warrentless searches. In my opinion if you're not going to enforce the border then let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 07:18 PM

210 posts, read 745,024 times
Default Reality

Quote:
Ok, pro narco, things will not be any different and you will continue to receive your shipments of pot regardless of what the Mexican government does. Are the cartels greedy? Sure, why not . . . every society has those types. Not only are weapons smuggled from the US to the cartels, as if that is a justification for something, but so are cars and trucks (big SUVs are the favorite. There is a big demand for both guns and vehicles by the narco crowd, and they have all that US $$$$$$ to buy them with . . . .
Boy, you are an angry little elf aren't you Dave. Is it supply or demand, is it the chicken or the egg, i think it is the supply. If the mexican Government would get their s@$t together they too can be a powerful country, they have more natural resources then many countrys, then maybe we wouldnt have this influx of ILLIGAL IMMIGRANTS coming into our country. As far as cars and trucks being smuggled there, i would refer to it as "cars and trucks being STOLEN from the U.S. and then being smuggled to mexico" Just ask me i know my Nissan truck ended up in mexico..... Get over yourself and come to reality, wake up and see what is realy happening.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:20 PM

334 posts, read 828,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm not pro-narco at all, I just don't like your solution of throwing every drug user in prison, you gonna pay for all that? And why? Why should every pot head be thrown in prison?

How are you going to accomplish that? Have the cops knock down doors in the middle of the night to look for drugs? Go all throughout the USA looking for the drugs they could have stopped at the border but enforcing the border doesn't suit many people either.

If they aren't going to control the border, then I don't want door to door searches so they can look for drugs that may or may not be in peoples' homes. It's not Americans getting very rich from drug trafficking and it's not us that have 2500 troops patrolling our towns.

You want to bash America and Americans for everything. Well --- the drug trade takes two, we're certainly spending more than our fair share trying to fix things.
Of course your pro narco, you admit it, and only can say "don't bust us".

I'm NOT bashing America, just saying it the way it is. I'm sorry that San Diego only has 2000 plus "city cops". How many sheriff and state policemen do you think they have for their "safe" town???? 2,500 or MORE?

And yeah. I'm sure that you worry about who is going to knock on your door at night . . . . such a sad example of an "all american".

Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonguru View Post
Boy, you are an angry little elf aren't you Dave. Is it supply or demand, is it the chicken or the egg, i think it is the supply. If the mexican Government would get their s@$t together they too can be a powerful country, they have more natural resources then many countrys, then maybe we wouldnt have this influx of ILLIGAL IMMIGRANTS coming into our country. As far as cars and trucks being smuggled there, i would refer to it as "cars and trucks being STOLEN from the U.S. and then being smuggled to mexico" Just ask me i know my Nissan truck ended up in mexico..... Get over yourself and come to reality, wake up and see what is realy happening.
Heh Heh Heh . . . . Guru, Huh? No "chicken and egg", not once the egg is hatched! Angry? Hardly, I could give a rat's @@@ what anyone says, just get a littled pissed at lies without facts to support them bashing me and my neighbors (sorry for the symbols, I've got a spanish language keyboard that my computer doesn't recognize, and before you get your "knickers in a twist" I purchased it an Office Depot, all American company right here in Rosarito!). Sound familiar??????

Basic economics, no demand equals no supply, really simple isn't it?

Of course, Mexico IS a powerful country, even got somebody who beats out Bill Gates for $$$$, but that has nothing to do with the illegal worker problems of the US. We do not have homeless cluttering our streets, and the Mexican culture is one of FAMILY, something the US lost some years ago.

Yeah, reality . . . . I LIVE in Mexico, and I understand the majority of Mexican's thinking, and it isn't about illegal immigrants in the US, most don't care, and yes, one of my acquaintences had her expensive SUV stolen last week, right from the parking lot of a popular "gringo" bar right here in Rosarito. I drive a much less desired vehicle . . . . Supply and Demand

Last edited by Dave Rosarito; 03-31-2008 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-31-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Of course your pro narco, you admit it, and only can say "don't bust us".

I'm NOT bashing America, just saying it the way it is. I'm sorry that San Diego only has 2000 plus "city cops". How many sheriff and state policemen do you think they have for their "safe" town???? 2,500 or MORE?

And yeah. I'm sure that you worry about who is going to knock on your door at night . . . . such a sad example of an "all american".
I'm no non-pro-narco I don't take aspirin, tylenol, cough medicine -- nothing. I see no reason to do drugs but I don't believe in having peoples' doors knocked down in the middle of the night or us establishing a police state for what can be enforced at the border. It makes no sense to me to try to control a area many square miles big if you can control a 2000 mile line.

You seem to want Americans punished and controlled and blamed. I see drug addicts more as victims, especially since drugs are being introduced in the middle schools to get them addicted before they even know what it's all about. Candy flavored meth brought into middle schools -- now that's what I call extreme greed.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 PM

210 posts, read 745,024 times
Quote:
Heh Heh Heh . . . . Guru, Huh? No "chicken and egg", not once the egg is hatched! Angry? Hardly, I could give a rat's @@@ what anyone says, just get a littled pissed at lies without facts to support them bashing me and my neighbors (sorry for the symbols, I've got a spanish language keyboard that my computer doesn't recognize, and before you get your "knickers in a twist" I purchased it an Office Depot, all American company right here in Rosarito!). Sound familiar??????

Basic economics, no demand equals no supply, really simple isn't it?

Of course, Mexico IS a powerful country, even got somebody who beats out Bill Gates for $$$$, but that has nothing to do with the illegal worker problems of the US. We do not have homeless cluttering our streets, and the Mexican culture is one of FAMILY, something the US lost some years ago.

Yeah, reality . . . . I LIVE in Mexico, and I understand the majority of Mexican's thinking, and it isn't about illegal immigrants in the US, most don't care, and yes, one of my acquaintences had her expensive SUV stolen last week, right from the parking lot of a popular "gringo" bar right here in Rosarito. I drive a much less desired vehicle . . . . Supply and Demand
I think you are living in some "fantasy land" when you say there are no homeless cluttering the streets. I have been to mexico and can not step 20 feet without some homeless person trying to sell me chicless,or there 13 year old sister, (actually happened).Well i live in the U.S. and i can tell you Americans thinking, and they are sick and tired of illigal immigrants coming over here and bringing there crime and dispair. If you are going to come to the U.S. come here legaly or go back to your country where somebody beats out Bill Gates in $$$$$$$. If its that good stay there!!!! As far as the "gringo" comment do you realize that it is the equivalent to me saying *******. Or is that to offensive to you? By the way,i am almost sure that a "gringo" didnt steal your friends SUV. Yes i am a GURU, and yes you are angry, maybe the truth hurts??

Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I think you are living in some "fantasy land" when you say there are no homeless cluttering the streets. I have been to mexico and can not step 20 feet without some homeless person trying to sell me chicless,or there 13 year old sister, (actually happened).Well i live in the U.S. and i can tell you Americans thinking, and they are sick and tired of illigal immigrants coming over here and bringing there crime and dispair. If you are going to come to the U.S. come here legaly or go back to your country where somebody beats out Bill Gates in $$$$$$$. If its that good stay there!!!! As far as the "gringo" comment do you realize that it is the equivalent to me saying *******. Or is that to offensive to you? By the way,i am almost sure that a "gringo" didnt steal your friends SUV. Yes i am a GURU, and yes you are angry, maybe the truth hurts??
Same here -- I can cross over the border and see all kinds of begging families, disabled, women with children.

Some people love the USA but can also enjoy vacationing in Mexico but for some they hold a deep hatred for their own country that makes them blind to the imperfections of the other country.

One thing I did not like too much when I lived in Mexico was the way the servants and poor were treated. I didn't much like the idea of servants at all, being raised middle class and making my own bed and getting up to make my own breakfasts. Some of the people of course were gracious hosts but then you'd see the less than gracious way the servants were treated and the little shabby rooms they were living in. The vast disparity of wealth -- not just where someone has a whole lot while most of us have plenty, but where such a high portion of the population has next to nothing and a few have a whole lot.

What I didn't like was the lack of social consciousness. Sending a young maid out to buy cigarettes after dark -- no concern whether it was safe for a young girl to be out late alone, the way the farmers were looked down-upon by the well-to-do and more so today when it's obvious they can't even make a living in their own country.

I also remember when the border town here didn't have 2500 troops, tanks in the streets. But there will always be those who insist everything is perfect there anyhow.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
You seem to want Americans punished and controlled and blamed. I see drug addicts more as victims, especially since drugs are being introduced in the middle schools to get them addicted before they even know what it's all about. Candy flavored meth brought into middle schools -- now that's what I call extreme greed.
I am an "American" and don't want Americans punished by illegal immigration. The US is faced with a couple of problems concerning Mexico, and it's the US's doing, NOT Mexico's. 1) Drugs, drugs, drugs! Consumption and purchase drives the whole distribution system. Who do you think is pushing drugs to the children, some illegal squad trained, supported and smuggled in by the Mexican government? And who are the big $$$ users, the migrants working in the fields? 2) Work, Work, Work! People come to work "illegally" ONLY because Americans EMPLOY them. Put together some legislation and enforce it, but no, no, no let's just blame the poor workers . . .

Last edited by Dave Rosarito; 04-01-2008 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-01-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I think you are living in some "fantasy land" when you say there are no homeless cluttering the streets. I have been to mexico and can not step 20 feet without some homeless person trying to sell me chicless,or there 13 year old sister, (actually happened).

As far as the "gringo" comment do you realize that it is the equivalent to me saying *******. Or is that to offensive to you? By the way,i am almost sure that a "gringo" didnt steal your friends SUV. Yes i am a GURU, and yes you are angry, maybe the truth hurts??
Part of the problem with people who only come across the border on day trips is their lack of cultural differences perception. Those people you call "homeless" are merely doing their job. They have to have a license to sell (and they do) and they go to their homes at night, many in their own cars. You see them as "homeless" because that is what you are used to seeing in the US . . . . And yes, when you walk the streets in the red light district, it IS a popular saying used by the street Hustlers (doing THEIR job) in trying to get you into the brothel they work for, and not the one next door. It is simply how it is, and they all have jobs and homes to go to after work. Yes, there are a few chronically "homeless" bums around, sleeping wherever they can, but they are very small in numbers, and you won't see them because they rarely venture into tourists areas (the police will chase them off) but they are VERY few compared to the hoards of homeless all over the US.

"Gringo" is only offensive to those who do not understand what it means. It simply refers to anyone from the north (or even Europe) who are foreigners. Not derrogatory at all, sorry . . . .

Don't know who stole her truck, the police caught someone with 10 or 12 stolen vehicles at their home in TJ over the weekend, hope her's was one of them. They DO get stolen down here, but its rare, maybe 3 or 4 a year? Or maybe 20 or 50, but nowhere near the 12,000 plus that are stolen in San Diego each year . . . .

Angry? Hard to be angry when you live where I do. My printer died yesterday, so I hauled it off to a couple of computer shops, only to find no one fixes them here (maybe in Tijuana). Well, the last place was next to a bar where a girl friend of mine works, so o o o o time for a cerveza (it was 12 o'clock somewhere)! Take care of the printer manana . . . . oh, that's now! Well, maybe next manana, going to the beach now . . . .

Old 04-01-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Same here -- I can cross over the border and see all kinds of begging families, disabled, women with children.

Some people love the USA but can also enjoy vacationing in Mexico but for some they hold a deep hatred for their own country that makes them blind to the imperfections of the other country.

One thing I did not like too much when I lived in Mexico was the way the servants and poor were treated. I didn't much like the idea of servants at all, being raised middle class and making my own bed and getting up to make my own breakfasts. Some of the people of course were gracious hosts but then you'd see the less than gracious way the servants were treated and the little shabby rooms they were living in. The vast disparity of wealth -- not just where someone has a whole lot while most of us have plenty, but where such a high portion of the population has next to nothing and a few have a whole lot.

What I didn't like was the lack of social consciousness. Sending a young maid out to buy cigarettes after dark -- no concern whether it was safe for a young girl to be out late alone, the way the farmers were looked down-upon by the well-to-do and more so today when it's obvious they can't even make a living in their own country.

I also remember when the border town here didn't have 2500 troops, tanks in the streets. But there will always be those who insist everything is perfect there anyhow.
You claim to have lived here, so you know they are not homless but are simply doing a job. Some are independant, but most work for a distributor.

I walk around with my eyes open. I do not expect to see Laguna Beach and its wealthy when I look here, I expect to see MEXICO and it's people. Many from the US think every country should meet our standards of living, and it simply is not that way. Those "servants" are simply doing THEIR jobs. That they are not wealthy and educated to your standards is irrelevant. And don't pretend that in the US people don't have "servants". Who cuts your grass, hauls your trash, cleans your house, etc. etc.

A woman out at night to buy some cigarettes Dangerous in the US, but perfectly safe here. But then, if you lived here you would know that.

No tanks in the streets, but it makes a good visual for those who want to believe. Boy, talk about hypocrits, demand Mexico DO something about the druggies, then don't like what they do . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico