Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 07:50 PM

768 posts, read 1,102,864 times

Advertisements

Which is more high end? Which is nicer/trendier? Which is more vibrant/energetic? Which is more scenic? Better weather? Any other elements to consider?

Really looking for a good comparoson as my understanding is these are the 2 best parts of Mexico...

thank you in advance for all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 08:13 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
We have in past years frequented both. You should understand that both are basically distant suburbs of Southern CA. And in general central city prices will feel very much like you are at home if you came from LA.

The climate changes reasonably strongly as you cross the mouth of the Sea of Cortez. Basically you go from the best part of the Mediterranean desert to the tropical rain forest. S.CA versus the tropical jungle.

From Thanksgiving to Easter...PV. Rest of the year Cabo on climate.

We personally prefer Nayarit north of PV. Bucerias for example. Better beaches than PV and half hour drive to the restaurants and entertainment of PV. Half the cost. Cabo is better if year round...but try the outlying areas. Much nicer and a lot cheaper.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:57 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,878,943 times
The scenery of PV blows away Los Cabos unless you like desert landscapes. I took a cruise the first time I went to Cabo and the views were quite disappointing. The arch is pretty up close and the beaches have nice water colors and that's about it. PV is lush green covered hills and mountains, beautiful water and waterfront scenes and a small but very pretty old colonial town center. It's no comparison.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:07 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
The scenery of PV blows away Los Cabos unless you like desert landscapes. I took a cruise the first time I went to Cabo and the views were quite disappointing. The arch is pretty up close and the beaches have nice water colors and that's about it. PV is lush green covered hills and mountains, beautiful water and waterfront scenes and a small but very pretty old colonial town center. It's no comparison.
Actually much of the PV water front is ugly. Much nicer if you get a bit north on the Bahia de Banderas. It is of course much more green and nice to look at. But it is also tropical rain forest and difficult in the summer. The regulars from Guadalajara have it right. Thanksgiving to Easter.

Cabo is still Mediterranean desert. Much nicer in the summer.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:01 PM

905 posts, read 790,365 times
I prefer PV, but both are worth a visit.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:07 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
Been to both many times.

They are different.

Jungle vs. desert.

Crazy humid vs. only kinda humid

For me, I'll take Cabo every time.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:20 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Get ready to be approached every two minutes with piles of trinkets by beach vendors. Doesn't matter if you are on a beach associated with a resort, either, we couldn't rest for even 15 minutes without being pestered. This was in Puerto Vallarta. By the time we got to Cabo, I didn't even leave the ship.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:10 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,731,520 times
I've been to both several times. We always go in the winter. I would compare them by noting that Cabo is much newer and more like a suburb of San Diego. Cabo has better golf courses. PV is cheaper and has a better selection of rental houses.

Both are wonderful!

Old 08-12-2019, 10:21 PM

3 posts, read 2,349 times
Totally PV, weather, scenery, infrastructure... plus you are close to several Pueblos Mágicos around the area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico