Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,908 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am travelling to Mexico to live. I want to bring in a motor home and a motorcycle. I will put the bike inside the motorhome as I think this is the only way to bring in two.I will be travelling solo.
Questions, What permits do I need..temp or other? Can one person bring in two vehicals? IF they stay in mexico how much will it cost at the boarder? I plan on purcasing Mex insurance pre trip.Any other info or web sites will be greatly appreciated. I am living in Canada,travelling as an Aussi, but buying the vehicals in L.A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Well, as a former canuck, lived in US (citizen) and now retired in Baja Mexico, you are asking for some working headaches. To live will be impossible under your present conditions. As a tourist, thats something else. Mexico has a 90 day or 180 day Visa available for tourists which is available thru a Mexican Consulate in Calif or at the border on entering. Both the RV and bike will have to be registered in your name to visit the time period I mentioned. At the border you will have to have a Coche Permiso ( car/bike permit) and pay a fee and depending where you are going (you have to state where on the visa) and need insurance. Being from down under makes no difference, as I have seen a RV from France (frogs) down in central Mexico. You have to be the legal owner of any vehicles or have papers when leasing a car for a trip. Not sure what address you can give on any purchase in US as they (DMV) Dept of Motor Vehicles will issue you a temporary registration pending the issue of legal title in the postal/ mail. Again, living here, nope, visiting is fine as a tourist. I would check with the DMV for info as an Aussie/passport regarding the purchase and registering of any vehicles before you spend any money. Maybe save yourself a headache. Cheers....buenas suerte....good luck. Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico