Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 08:08 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellychips View Post
Its to the point where people dont like people over petty things. Like, " Oh I dont like that girl because her bag is too big" or "I dont like him because his shirt is too small" or " I dont like him because hes too stubby".

Its really petty crap and I hear it almost everyday. You know your not a superficial person when you dont think any of that little stuff matters.

Are you serious? I hope you're kidding and dont hear people judging people and not liking people because of the clothes they wear or the bag they've got. Please tell me it's not that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 11:47 AM

10 posts, read 27,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Are you serious? I hope you're kidding and dont hear people judging people and not liking people because of the clothes they wear or the bag they've got. Please tell me it's not that bad.
Yes it is people will always find reason not to like you. A lot of kids at my new school dont like me because my headphones are too big. Heck people dont even like my roommate because they think shes too skinny. They could just sit there with their friends and compliment ((well insult)) everyone that walks past them. I dont think it has something with being real or fake I just think it has something to do with having no manners.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellychips View Post
Its to the point where people dont like people over petty things. Like, " Oh I dont like that girl because her bag is too big" or "I dont like him because his shirt is too small" or " I dont like him because hes too stubby".

Its really petty crap and I hear it almost everyday. You know your not a superficial person when you dont think any of that little stuff matters.
Dunno if that's a Miami thing as much as it is something that women do.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:17 PM

10 posts, read 27,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
Dunno if that's a Miami thing as much as it is something that women do.
Guys especially do it to.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
LOL. This thread is funny. We all find what we look for. We get back what we put out. Think on that for a bit. Really.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:28 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
THe things I'm looking for are far way from my reach.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:23 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perwil3356 View Post
All or most of the smart Miamians moved up to the northeast and the New Englanders moved here,ergo the dumbness and brick walls as you call it.
Thanks! You made me feel smart for finally making the move to move out of Miami after living here my whole life, almost 49yrs! Both my kids, college educated at New England colleges, along with my nephew, have moved north after graduation, there's nothing for them in Miami, other than some friends and family. Finally, this empty nester is leaving the nest!!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:14 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,766,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
LOL. This thread is funny. We all find what we look for. We get back what we put out. Think on that for a bit. Really.
I thought the same thing LOL - the issues people are having in Miami are things that happen across any metro city in America and quite possibly the worl - YES com it happens in Orlando too - I was in Walmart last week and a young girl was talking about what this guy in her school was wearing and blah blah blah. Welcome to the 21st Century - this is how it is every! Even in Birmingham Alabama - so let's not all act shocked at the shallowness that may or may not take place in "MIAMI" - please spare us all the mellow drama - it is so tired!

You get what you give off - if you are not a really nice person - people will not treat you very nicely! End of story - when people are mean to just you and not everyone around you maybe it is time to take a look at yourself and decide if you are playing a part in that or not.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:12 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
^^^ Chelsa, I respect your opinion, etc. We all know shallow people are everywhere. I think the problem is how many legitimate complaints and horror stories we see and hear about the people in Miami compared to other areas.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:48 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,869,415 times
Chelsa while what you say is true there are also people who will take your "Kindness" for their advantage and when they no longer have use for you they will dump you and treat you like **** and there are a lot of those people here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami