Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:56 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLrunner View Post
TOns of great running in the area..........I live next to Mary Brickell and have a 4 mile loop through Brickell and around Brickell Key, a 2 mile loop on the Riverwalk and if you like distance there is the Rickenbacker bridge to Key Biscayne. Oh, and if you are on Facebook, there is a Brickell Run Club that runs twice a week. This weeks run had over 100 runners..........

Right on! When I was living downtown, I would take metromover to the Financial District station, and run down historic South Miami Avenue and back up Brickell Ave. (lower Brickell). If you want more distance, use the Rickenbacker Causeway pedestrian underpass, then turn right (left would be the Causeway trail itself), and run through Viscaya to Coconut Grove. The thing I like about this route, esp. for summer, is it's well-shaded most of the way. I usually stopped at Mercy hospital and turned around. If you're really feeling adventurous, you can use the bicycle trail from Coconut Grove down to South Miami, and eventually Matheson Hammock.

Also, it's possible to take metromover to Omni station and run the Venetian Causeway ~3 miles each way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 04:23 PM

10 posts, read 44,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFLrunner View Post
VERY TRUE, Boxus.............I remember living in a condo in jacksonville........the floors and walls were so thin........I could hear my neighbors carry on a normal conversation through the walls and hear my neighbors walk on the floor above me...............I hated it............luckily my place in Brickell is virtually sound proof..........
So, SFLrunner: which building are you in? Sound-proof is one of our most important hopes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami