Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,154,014 times

Advertisements

I'm planning my first trip to Miami, and a friend of mine recommended that I go during UMF, which from what he has told me, and from what I've read, is one of the bigger music festivals in the world. My question to any who has been there, how is it? Second...I read some stuff online about the drug use during these things. I don't do drugs, but how rampant is it? I'm not trying to be around that scene. Just want to go down there and have a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 06:30 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,203,861 times
I've never been there, but might now. Crystal Castles in Miami just sounds surreal

Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM

380 posts, read 962,153 times
I know people who went last year, although there are some who don't most people will be on drugs and such. I hear the music is good but too expensive for me.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:15 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,154,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amIayankee? View Post
I know people who went last year, although there are some who don't most people will be on drugs and such. I hear the music is good but too expensive for me.
I'm gonna have to re-think this then. Just not my kind of scene, though I love music just as much as anyone. Hmmm

Old 01-28-2011, 07:48 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,013,887 times
This is a huge thing for techno/house music fans. Lots of drug use and lots of that music.

If you just want to see Miami then just go another weekend.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
This is a huge thing for techno/house music fans. Lots of drug use and lots of that music.

If you just want to see Miami then just go another weekend.
Oh joy. Listening to music where every song sounds like every other song. Contrary to popular belief, there is a lot of great music out there worth listening to. It does not sound, however, like any of it will be at the Ultra Music Festival.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-29-2011, 12:18 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,270,422 times
I used to go to raves in southern california alot back in 2000-2001. did plenty of ecstasy. dropped acid a few times, etc. drugs are sorta part of the electronic music culture and though you will probably find ecstasy there you probably will now have alot of people just drinking and clubbing types. the hippie aspect i liked about it kinda left and it was taken over by the club scene. now i like some of the music but i just cant go to the parties because the vibe is totally different. too many egos.

speaking of music i went to the nofx concert tonight at revolution live tonight (just came back) and they tried to hand me a flier for ultra music festival but i declined.

speaking of vibes. the mosh pit vibe is very different here. alot of mean people in it. some beating on other people. people dont help you up, etc. even fat mike from nofx was like wow you guys are like punching each other, i guess thats how you do it down here?
saw alot more fights than i ever saw at punk shows in los angeles and alot more people trying to force their way to the front of people. usually in socal people surrounding them would gang up on that person who tried to cut in front. the music from nofx was great though.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:04 AM

221 posts, read 453,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Oh joy. Listening to music where every song sounds like every other song. Contrary to popular belief, there is a lot of great music out there worth listening to. It does not sound, however, like any of it will be at the Ultra Music Festival.

20yrsinBranson
This x10000. Ultra is mostly beaten to death dance and house music that all sounds the same.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,911,809 times
Its all about extacy. I would love to go but I don't wanna be groped by x-heads.

I heard from a friend who went that they were charging $10 for bottled water and towards the end, there were girls passed out everywhere just on the dancefloor.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:36 PM

2,217 posts, read 4,270,422 times
people on ecstasy arent sexual. you wont get groped. at worst you might get hugged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami