Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 PM

3 posts, read 7,843 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm moving from Chicago to Coral Gables Florida. Are there any gated communities that are 20 minutes away from Coral Gables. I'm looking for a quiet, safe, quiet suburban community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 10:01 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,386,098 times
Yes, but what is your price range?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 PM

Hi - thanks for responding. Im interested in the $470 price range

Old 06-14-2011, 08:26 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
Coral Gables is pretty much like a gated community, minus the gates.

What are your bed/bath requirements?

If you're looking for something large, Coral Gables will be out of your price range, but if you're just looking for a modest 3 bed/2 bath or smaller, you'll be in business.

Being in Coral Gables also means you're centrally located... something the western suburbs don't provide.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:47 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,386,098 times
I agree with Coconut. The gated communities in the Gables will be approaching the millions in house price. Don't think the others in nearby communities will be within your price range, either.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM

140 posts, read 508,542 times
Most of the gated communities within the city of Coral Gables proper are ultra-luxe areas east of US-1, with names like Gables Estates and Snapper Creek Lakes. Homes start at $1.7M up (way up).

I can't think of any gated communities with homes in the $470k range that are within 20 minutes of the Gables. However, there are modest older homes (3/2 or smaller) within Coral Gables proper as well as neighboring South Miami and Coral Way (city of Miami) that are in that price range in older neighborhoods that are not gated. For larger homes, you need to expand your search radius to 40 minutes, so that it includes parts of Kendall as well.

You may also luck out if you can find a foreclosure or short sale in Coral Gables, but the single family home market there is fairly strong.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:52 PM

Thanks for all the responses - I have to move in 30 days and don't know what to do. I need a large home because unlike Chicago I'm sure family and friends will visit Miami often. Thanks again - the responses were very helpful.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,326,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llee65 View Post
Thanks for all the responses - I have to move in 30 days and don't know what to do. I need a large home because unlike Chicago I'm sure family and friends will visit Miami often. Thanks again - the responses were very helpful.
RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT RENT

First.

You DO NOT want to screw up a home search in South Florida (or any area for that matter) when the market is like this.

Also know that what area you choose in Miami will have a tremendous impact on your quality of life.

The Club at Brickell Bay and Opera Tower do short term leasing. CBB is in a better area, but OT is a newer building.

Pick any short term rental and explore before buying.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
There are a few free "gated communities" in the Miami-Dade county area. Of course they are not suburban or safe. Forget the stupid community gates and the HOA and get a home on a nice sized lot with your own gates. There is a decent area called Schenley park near the Gables Generally look for trees and larger lots for the good areas.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:06 PM

108 posts, read 230,750 times
Sunset drive area has some gated communites; cheaper than Gables Estates etc.. $1M range+ vs $3M+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami