Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 05:36 PM

106 posts, read 380,580 times

Advertisements

I just thought I'd share this with you guys. Some of you find me and many others of us who are irritated with Miami a little negative. Im not in Miami anymore Im back in Sunny L.A. but I wanted to share as well as exchange ideas about what could be done to improve Miami. Here are my thoughts feel free to add yours.

1. GET RID OFF THOSE STUPID TOLLS ON THE 836 AND 112
2. MASSIVE FREEWAY CONSTRUCTION AND EXPANSION INCLUDING FINALLY
TURNING ON THOSE METERS AT THE END OF THE ON RAMPS TO I 95
SINCE MOST PEOPLE IN MIAMI ARE CHALLENGED WHEN IT COMES TO
MERGING ONTO AN EXPRESSWAY. PLUS IT WOULD LOOK A LITTLE LIKE
THE BIG SO CAL FREEWAYS.
3. IMPLEMENTING OF A GRADING SYSTEM IN ORDER TO ENFORCE
RESTAURANT CLEANLINESS. THE GRADE WOULD BE POSTED ON THE
WINDOWS AND DOORS OF ESTABLISHMENTS WHERE FOOD IS SERVED
RESTAURANTS THAT SUCESSFUL PASS COUNTY INSPECTIONS WOULD BE
GIVEN HIGHER GRADES WITH HIGHEST OF COURSE BEING AN A.
RESTAURANTS WHO DO NOT PASS WOULD BE GIVEN A C OR D. AND
CLOSED.
BY THE WAY DOES MIAMI DADE CO. ACTUALLY INSPECT RESTAURANTS
FOR CLEANLINESS???????????
4. ADD TRAFFIC LIGHTS TO THOSE HORRIBLE INTERSECTIONS. NOT ONLY
SHOULD TRAFFIC SIGNALS BE PLACED OVERHEAD BUT PLACED AT DRIVER
EYE LEVEL AS WELL AND PLACED ON THE OPPOSITE SIDES OF
INTERSECTIONS IN THE GRASSY ISLAND SPLITS SO THAT DRIVERS CAN
ACTUALLY PULL COMPLETELY INTO AN INTERSECTION IN ORDER TO MAKE
A LEFT TURN AND BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY SEE A LIGHT SO THEY KNOW
WHEN TO TURN BEFORE THE RED SIGNAL FLASHES. IN FLORIDA IT IS LEGAL
TO ENTER AN INTERSECTION ON A YELLOW LIGHT.
5. SPEAKING OF THOSE GRASSY ISLETS DOWN THE MIDDLE OF MIAMI ROADS.
TOO MANY OF THOSE. GET RID OF THAT CRAP ALL TOGETHER.
6. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLANT MORE TREES AND TRY BUILDING ACTUAL
CURBS AND SIDEWALKS. THE FRONTS OF THE HOUSES IN MANY AREAS
MIAMI LOOK SO HORRIBLY UGLY. THERES NO TREES IN SOME AREAS JUST
DIRT AND WILD LOOKING GRASS WITH CARS PARKED ALL OVER THE TOP OF
IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 07:20 AM

385 posts, read 1,891,730 times
those only seem to be addressing the problems that have to do with how good it looks, which in my opinion will only make the real estate prices and rent go even higher which will in the end worsen the situation. i think more programs need to be devised to get communities together to help improve their neighborhoods.

it should be more easily accessible or actually, mandatory, for new immigrants to enroll in a english tutoring program to an extent to ensure a basic understanding of the language.

there is a lot more than this but i'm having trouble devising plans to fix it. the main issue to me is that jobs are paying less and less and the cost of living is only going up making the poverty go through the roof. with poverty comes anger, frustration, jealousy, ect. which is where you get most if not a big percentage of your crimes. perhaps more neighborhood watch programs could help in this, too.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:44 AM

136 posts, read 481,659 times
i think the blacklight's english-learning thing is a good idea. one good outcome of the recent real estate boom is that a lot of immigrants that otherwise would settle in miami are moving to other cities in search of a lower cost of living. this will help them become more assimilated into american society rather than living in their ethnic enclaves here in miami.

other than that, one thing i'd like to see in miami is more parks, more trees (and i'm glad to see that many trees have been planted around the county during the past couple of years; i love it), and more and better mass transit. many good/positive things have happened in the past several years, and more are planned, and i'm very excited by all of it.

Rich.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:23 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
If people cared about Miami-Dade it would be a much better place, but many people that live amongst us just don't care about anything other than themselves (me-me-me mentality). If people cared, we wouldn't have illegal dumping, we wouldn't be ranked #1 Rudest Drivers, we wouldn't be ranked#1 City for Worst Road Rage, we wouldn't have the highest HIV/AIDS cases in the country, we wouldn't be ranked #2 Most Streessful City, we wouldn't be ranked #3 Large City for Violent Crime, we wouldn't be ranked Ranked #3 Poorest Large City in the U.S., and I can go on and on.

I wish people would start to care a little more for other things other than themselves.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:10 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
Not ALL of Miami is nearly as bad as many of you make it out to be. Sure some of it is rough but there are decent/good areas to live.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:23 PM

110 posts, read 438,817 times
I agree with you PBCboy. every city in the usa has good and bad areas. wherever u go.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:40 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
first,be rid of the corrupt government that spends tax money fool heartedly or personally steals the money and bring relief to taxes.Look at how much money they take from you for the schools and use it unwisely.Look at how many corrupt polticians Miami has.

and you must replace the corrupt leaders of most south and central American governments with honest leaders and fix the economies there.Then,half that fled there for here will return there and bring a more social stable Miami again,Fat chance of that happening...good luck.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:42 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,434 times
Default umm

legalizing illegals?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:23 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
...board of education should cut unnecessary classes and add classes where they teach you grammar, abstract, philosophical and analytic thinking.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:45 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Miami needs to stop prostituting itself for development sake. The county needs to stop killing new and innovative businesses in favor of established connections. Property taxes need to be seriously reduced and paper pushers terminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami