Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 12:50 PM

430 posts, read 1,650,871 times

Advertisements

Inner city miami dade, I believe needs to be turned inside out, the crime, the problems, all the people that cannot afford it, should move elsewhere. It shouldnt have to be rich people + poor people. It should be the people that can AFFORD to live their middle/upper class. If inner dade county turned suburban, created jobs, just like ANY other suburb exists, it can be a complete turn around and greatly improve schools, and reduce crime rate. It doesn't make sense to me, how you can live in a rich area, but the public schools you are surrounded with are all crime ridden because all the poorer inner city kids are attending it. Look at North Miami Beach High school for example, it would do well if it only served Aventura and the nicer areas, but instead it serves as a school for all the inner city problems as well, and all the people that have PAID to afford it, should atleast get a nice school to send their kids, but instead, all the inner city problems is what you get for paying a premium.

If they could turn the ghettos of dade county inside out, and turn them into NICE areas with JOBS that families could afford, it would greatly reduce crime, and improve schools and completely change the outlook of the entire county. People who CANNOT afford to live their, need to move out simple as that. People want to live good at other peoples expense, and it needs to stop. People say their are no jobs that's why they don't move their, well how do OTHER suburbs across America do it? If they can just follow they lay out, it would be a matter of time before crime would be greatly reduced. If you look how San Diego is made, you can do the same to Dade county, make it only to where families can afford it to live, create jobs, and re-do the infrastructure of these inner cities all together.

I get tired of seeing poor people that have no money, living in paradise and destroying the community, Miami-Dade has GREAT potential to be a family place as well, not only rich/poor. But Middle class deserve a shot to be their! I believe it can be done, if effort is put in, drive all the poor out, and create jobs, gentrify it, and make it into it's great potential it can be. Cut the crime out, create better schools/opportunties, and have them turn into suburbs for familes that CAN afford it and and will make it a better place. Just My .02.. I dont care about the negative comments if you have one.. I'd just like to see Dade-county become a more prosperous place thats all.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:29 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
^ sounds like Hitlerish social engineering.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:33 PM

All because I say poor people shouldn't be livin the good life at everyone else expense? All because I say that people that can afford to live their should at least have decent schools to send their kids? All because I believe crime has become a big problem in Dade-county that makes me the bad person?? LOL my point is, with poverty comes crime No, if it's something that has worked in Southern Ca ( majority of So Cal is mostly upper/middle class with the exception of ghettos here and their), why wouldnt it work in Dade County? Why would it be a bad thing to have the middle/upper class replace the poor that cannot afford it? The poor that cause crime and violence? The poor that sit around and wait for a check while they sit on their butt? If it works in many other places across America, it will work in Dade county, simply put all I'm saying is turn the ghettos into suburbs for middle/upper class familes. Reduce crime, better schools, more prosperous future sounds just fine for me, people shouldn't live where the cannot afford. Coral Gables is gentrified, does that mean it's a bad city just because most people cannot afford to live their? I don't think it's a bad thing, crime is lower, and makes it a nice place to visit, talk about, and send your kids to school. What if you lived in an expensive part of town and you can't even send you kids to school their because their is that threat of shootings/stabbings? Theft? Burglary? How would you feel? Maybe you wouldn't mind, but I sure wouldn't want that to be a place where I called home and sent my kids to school!

Paying a premium , you would expect to at least have good schools etc.. But instead this is what you get?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX2e-cJFYYo

http://www.greatschools.org/florida/...r-High-School/
5/10 in Greater Miami area? All because inner city kids are also sharing that school with them

you are saying it's a bad idea to turn these neighborhoods around??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0qdz...eature=related

My point exactly.

Last edited by mt971x; 02-26-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
All because I say poor people shouldn't be livin the good life at everyone else expense?
Tell you what, go move to Liberty City for a month and tell me what kind of "good life" they're living there. You can buy a single family home in this "good life" area for only about $30,000!

Just because there's warm winter weather there doesn't mean it's the good life.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 PM

by "good life" I'm saying they are living on valuable land, they have access to the beach, nice areas, and schools that can be much better. Let families that have money, have access to the beach, not a bunch of ghetto thugs sagging their pants low and causing problems have all that. Having lower class people live in dade county (as well as broward county), it basically turns it into a 3rd world , death,crime, rapes, burglaries, poor quality schools, you name it, it's happening. If you look how Los Angeles is designed, people with money live in the better areas followed by upper middle class/middle class, lower income live further and further out, they know gentrification works! Miami it's either RICH/POOR I would rather see middle/upper class living their and actually enjoying it, than having a bunch of poor miserable people (refer to miami is miserable thread) that simply cannot afford it killing each other and creating a bad name for dade county Having Upper/middle class families would appreciate the land , making it a desirable place to live, and a place for children, instead it's the complete opposite; a warzone. Instead inland dade county people are trashing it, giving it a bad name, and simply not doing anything good for the area. Gentrifcation would move them out, crime rates would go down, schools would be better, cities would actually improve. Creating jobs would make it a desirable place for families (just like an other suburb creates jobs) I see it this way, You can either have people who A.) Resident's who: Cause problems, can't afford it, and make the county look bad, or B.) Residents who: Create a new improved community, that care about a better future, appreciate the land, want better schools, and a better future for their children. Imagine how nice it would be if the rest of Dade county started looking like Weston? The inland area of dade county can have great potential, great improvements, and less problems if more jobs would be created and middle/upper class families were givin a chance to live their rather than just rich/poor.

Last edited by mt971x; 02-26-2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 PM

313 posts, read 725,725 times
I believe that what you are suggesting would be breaking both Federal and local laws. It's also heartless and completely immoral. It's what causes most revolutions. Ask the French, Cubans, Russians and soon the Greeks.

Joe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami