Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:53 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Wrong, oh bitter one. I recently purchased a condo on Miami Beach and now split my time between here and Las Vegas. Oh, and I was born in Jackson Memorial, raised in West Miami, went to school in South Miami, attended the University of Miami, got married and moved to Kendale Lakes, and now, after a period of time out of state, reside on Collins Avenue. And if that isn't enough for you, my mother graduated from Miami High back in the 1940s and still lives here in the same house where I grew up.

Does that give me enough bona fides to post on this board? I know it sure beats the hell out of the 15 or so years you lived here starting when your mommy and daddy moved you to Westchester from Wisconsin. I guess you're still bitter about that, huh? So bitter, in fact, that three years after you moved out of Miami, you still feel the needd to come to this board and bash it whenever you can.

What a sad little life you must lead.
Well, you wrote you're in Las Vegas on your tag. So if what you wrote there isn't even true, it's hard to believe anything else. Good for you for looking up random Miami area names from Google Maps so you could "prove" to me you allegedly lived in Miami Dade at a time. You forgot to mention your grandmother was Julia Tuttle and you channel her and she gives you inside information on the Miami of the past, present and future as well. So your mom studied at Miami Sr. High, really? No one cares...that is sad. Name dropping your momma. lol

And living a tourist lifestyle, part time...makes you just that: a part-time tourist. Sorry, you are no more qualified to post than anyone else and just because you have a chip on your shoulder because you don't live in Miami as a resident but as a tourist, doesn't mean my posts aren't valid. Although it speaks volumes as to why you can't follow mine. Especially since your posts consist of post stalking, personal attacks and zero information about the city you proclaim to know so well. All of your misinformation, lack of comprehension and inability to follow a thread clearly show what I mentioned about prevailing attitudes in Miami, something you seem to emulate from you winter stints on the beach. Thanks for proving my point. And thanks for showing the forum how creepy you are...

Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That's Miami for you.

Happy I left.

And for those who will undoubtedly get bent out of shape that I DARED to post here, I just happened to see this thread title when I was scrolling through topics. Thought I'd take a peek to see the predicted drama unfold.

Clearly the OP was doing this in humor but, naturally, some people in Miami just have none. The sad part is, there's a lot of those types in Miami.

Till the next time I see a thread that piques my interest as I scroll on by, ciao bellos!
The drama junkies that can't take it aren't even in Miami....so of course you can write here, even though you aren't. Since when is THAT the standard, lol? They only use that litmus test when it's something negative. If you are positive, you can post about how gret things are, even though you had a 45 minute layover at MIA 3 decades ago.

Thanks for commenting, some of these other posters seem creepier than ever.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave Maria View Post
The thread is not funny. Being poor is not funny, lacking education is not funny either. Count your blessings because most people are only a few paychecks away from living in Overtown or in the low income areas of Hialeah. Nothing is guaranteed in this life, for all we know you could become disabled or sick tomorrow and you might end up selling your home to cover your medical bills or property taxes. Try coming up with millions of dollars to cover medical bills. Again count your blessings.

Second, this thread would have ended the same way in other city forums. You have people who don't live in Miami like the OP and "Chelito" denying real facts. Many people in Miami don't live like those people in the pictures. That is a fact that can be easily proven by checking street view on Google maps, driving around the county or checking the income and education level on the goverment's census webpage. If someone came to your home and made false negative claims you will deny them, wouldn't you?

Chelito has not been attacked, he has been exposed. He posts like he still lives in the area when he left a long time ago. He didn't stay on topic but chose to attack those who disagreed with his negative view of Miami. When you tell people they are being dramatic, it is offensive and you should expect backlash.
No one attacked you, you misread my post and then YOU attacked me. Go back and re-read it before you re-write history. When I called you out on it, you went after me again. This cycle of not being held accountable for one's own mistakes and then blaming it on others, chalking it up to negativity...is the reason these threads turn into this and the reason why people create posts like these....because this kind of inability of indivduals to follow what is being said instead of being overtaken by emotion when it isn't called for...is just embarassing. Your knee jerk hysterical reaction based on careless reading is what illustrates my underlying points. You don't even live in Miami and you talk about others who don't. If you think being in Miami this second is what qualifies people from posting, be the first to refrain from posting. Give it a rest Ave.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
No one attacked you, you misread my post and then YOU attacked me. Go back and re-read it before you re-write history. When I called you out on it, you went after me again. This cycle of not being held accountable for one's own mistakes and then blaming it on others, chalking it up to negativity...is the reason these threads turn into this and the reason why people create posts like these....because this kind of inability of indivduals to follow what is being said instead of being overtaken by emotion when it isn't called for...is just embarassing. Your knee jerk hysterical reaction based on careless reading is what illustrates my underlying points. You don't even live in Miami and you talk about others who don't. If you think being in Miami this second is what qualifies people from posting, be the first to refrain from posting. Give it a rest Ave.
That means Chelito won't mind if we pick on where she lives and laugh at her family and make fun. So where are you from ?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,564 times
Quote:
The drama junkies that can't take it aren't even in Miami....so of course you can write here, even though you aren't. Since when is THAT the standard, lol? They only use that litmus test when it's something negative. If you are positive, you can post about how gret things are, even though you had a 45 minute layover at MIA 3 decades ago.

Thanks for commenting, some of these other posters seem creepier than ever.

Why are all these posters getting their panties in a knot? Face it : Miami is a tacky place filled with tacky people.

If all of these people are offended and believe Miami has been misrepresented by the pics, well then put your money where your mouth is and show some pics demonstrating that Miami is the epitome of virtue, morals and style.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Why are all these posters getting their panties in a knot? Face it : Miami is a tacky place filled with tacky people.

If all of these people are offended and believe Miami has been misrepresented by the pics, well then put your money where your mouth is and show some pics demonstrating that Miami is the epitome of virtue, morals and style.

So what tacky part of Spain are you from ?
Don't get your britches in a bunch, maybe people need to take the plank out of their own eye first.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
So what tacky part of Spain are you from ?
Don't get your britches in a bunch, maybe people need to take the plank out of their own eye first.
Quite the personal attacks Perry just because this poster doesn't have your agenda. We all know you are a keyboard gangster. Carry on.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Quite the personal attacks Perry just because this poster doesn't have your agenda. We all know you are a keyboard gangster. Carry on.

It's different when the shoe is on the other foot, quite defensive aren't we. I thought you would find it humorous.

Take the plank out of your own eye , not everyone can afford an education,that doesn't make them bad people.

iT LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE OVERTAKEN BY EMOTION, WITH YOUR NAME CALLING.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:40 PM

The joke is on you...

Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 2,758 times
Chelito23, There is nothing creepy here. Can you just disagree without resorting to personal attacks?

I think it is very unfair to say every neighborhood in Miami looks like those pictures. The problem with you is that you take any kind of disagreement as a Miami praise. Saying something is 20, 40 or 80% is not a hundred percent. Saying something positive about Miami is not saying Miami is a paradise. That is the part you don't get.

In the past you have accused other posters repeately of being a Miami cheerleaders among other offensive accusations. The sad part is that many of those posters don't even like Miami that much. It is like your Miami hate blinds you and you lose perspective. You remind me of my mom. Everything is black or white for you. someone is on her "hate list" they could cure cancer, pay the government debt and eliminate world poverty and she will still have nothing positive to say about those people. In your case that is Miami for you, your enemy. And any poster that slightly disagrees that Miami is a cesspool , a brach of hell on earth is also your enemy and everything they post is innacurate. Then you start start with the attacks, Miami lovers, Miami cheerleaders etc and then accuse them of being out of touch with reality, creepy, bitter, blind when sometimes all they did was post facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami