Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:05 AM

9 posts, read 10,808 times

Advertisements

I think that Brickell area is interesting. Can someone tell me more about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 10:52 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinCameron View Post
I think that Brickell area is interesting. Can someone tell me more about it?
It is a very nice area with a lot of nice high rise condos mixed with a lot of nice high rise office buildings.

Right next to the downtown. You can use the light rail to get around. Close to Key Biscayne - a great place to go to the beach.
Also close enough to South Beach.
Close to enough to the airport.
A lot of very nice restaurants.
I think of it as a small slice of Manhattan in Miami, with a tropical flavor.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 AM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times
Well, Brickell is pretty good, great vibe and aspect, mostly safe (but thefts/robberies are commonplace, like in any heavily dense urban area), well located; but I don't know if it's that good for the OP, as OP's wanna avoid the party/bars scene, which is kinda big there. I'd recommend Brickell Key in this case, you'd get the best of both worlds and living better off and safer and in a quieter place, while still being in the middle of it all.

I personally don't like it that much; its downsides is that it has some unsavory areas (West Brickell), and it's awful to find parking, not to mention the ridiculous traffic and the dreadful small and crowded supermarkets (but I have a personal tendency to live somewhere near/in the Dadeland area - I always move out of there, regret and come flying back - just within few weeks I'm moving back to that area).

Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
I am just remembering that the OP is going to work closer to Sunny Isles / Bal Harbor.

If it were me, I would find something over there. There are SPLENDID options in Sunny Isles for the money. Or Aventura.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:05 PM

I was looking at that Aventura neighborhood. It seems really nice and close to my would-be job. Can someone give me an analysis of this area?

Old 04-16-2013, 04:33 PM

It's a great area, personally I'd (much) rather live there or in Sunny Isles (another good idea - but it's a little bit further away). It's pretty safe, loads of high-rise condos/apt. complexes (beware that a few are no good and have a bad reputation - on the upside loads of great ones - like the bldgs. in Williams Island, The Point, Hidden Bay, etc. (most of them are in the dark green areas in Aventura of the Sticky Thread map), a mall and shopping complexes right on your doorstep, some good restaurants, great places to walk/jog...

On the downside there's traffic (pretty shoddy - not as bad as Brickell or most of Miami Beach though), it's not far at all from some properly dangerous areas and it's one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the County.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
It's a great area, personally I'd (much) rather live there or in Sunny Isles (another good idea - but it's a little bit further away). It's pretty safe, loads of high-rise condos/apt. complexes (beware that a few are no good and have a bad reputation - on the upside loads of great onee the bldgs. in Williams Island, The Point, Hidden Bay, etc. (most of them are in the dark green areas in Aventura of the Sticky Thread map), a mall and shopping complexes right on your doorstep, some good restaurants, great places to walk/jog...

On the downside there's traffic (pretty shoddy - not as bad as Brickell or most of Miami Beach though), it's not far at all from some properly dangerous areas and it's one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the County.
Well, I am only renting but I can spend up to $2640 a month on rent. Also, how is Williams Island? I saw something that seemed promising.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:57 PM

264 posts, read 774,644 times
Lol, you make that much and are asking a public forum board where you can live? Contact a realtor

edit: But to be constructive, if you want my recommendation, I'd say find yourself a roommate and you can rent a nice 2/2 in the Trump Towers @ Sunny Isles. I'm sure you can find a rental there as low as $1,600 a piece and wouldn't regret it.

Last edited by cfo.evo; 04-16-2013 at 06:12 PM..

Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Well, I am only renting but I can spend up to $2640 a month on rent. Also, how is Williams Island? I saw something that seemed promising.
That's similar to what I pay now in rent. Williams Island apparently is quite nice and will be more or less in budget for a 2bd/2ba, and less for a 1bd/1ba. Kind of the same for Hidden Bay (another excellent complex, totally worth it). They're very high-end; both have multiple tennis courts, security 24/7, excellent views in all apts., gated, great pools, barbecue area, covered parking, parking for boats, etc. But you gotta look into these bldgs. reputability (like a search on Google, be very insightful when visiting the premises and the apt. itself, talk with neighbors if possible, etc.)

Just a note, the rental market is heated up, properties are going fast - for example, a house I've tried to rent got several offers within 10 days of being advertised on the web - and avg. prices are slightly higher.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Find a relator. It is at zero expense to you. Anyway assuming that you are good at staying away from Drinking and other issues which may have affected you Brickell is the place to be IMO. Urban, lots of young people.

Quote:
I party sometimes, but I don't drink. The only drug I use is cannabis, but that is for my glaucoma.
You won't be using that anymore in Florida. At least not for now.

Just a side note, I find it a little surprising but pretty impressive that someone who had a drug addiction in the past to be able to work as a pharmacist.

Keep up the good work staying away from your past mistakes. I will say Miami is probably not the best place for that honestly but I am sure you can handle it. If you have any doubts than maybe a place like Bal Harbor would be better. But again if I had that income I would be in Brickell no doubt about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami