Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 07:31 AM

112 posts, read 184,656 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever gone to Bayfront Park on New Year’s Eve? How is it? What is the crowd like and is it safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 07:47 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
I have. It is crowded, but it is easy viewing from many places despite the crowd. Bring your own drinks (though i do not think you are "allowed" to) because to get a drink will take up a lot of time.

I stopped by there for the countdown and fireworks show, then went on to some bars after.

It is safe, never heard anything bad happen, and if it did, it was probably between two people that know each other rather than a random act, it is more of a family affair than some rowdy clubbing thing.

There is a lot of car traffic, get there a little early to avoid sitting in your car at midnight. (I live in Brickell, so I walk)

Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney07 View Post
Has anyone ever gone to Bayfront Park on New Year’s Eve? How is it? What is the crowd like and is it safe?
My wife, son and I went a few years back. We had a lot of fun. If you can avoid driving or maybe park in brickell and walk or take the metro, i would. we spent two hours stuck in a garage that night, the one near the FIU campus.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,748,188 times
Take the metro, because parking and just the mob of folks leaving will bad. We have gone off and on for some years now, but we mostly go via the boat and watch the fireworks in the water.

It is safe and a lot of folks and police presence, the dancing lady on the building is pretty cool.

When we would go we would go years ago ,fairly early with picnic equipment, a cooler and sandwiches. I don't know if they allow coolers in bay front park anymore but I think folks still camp out with blankets.

It is nice but like all things in Miami expect large crowds.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:11 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,013,887 times
I've never heard any complaints besides for lots of traffic leaving. The streets downtown are a mess for a good hour and leaving the parking garages is a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: