Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 12:08 AM

104 posts, read 115,600 times

Advertisements

How is life there? Pros and cons? The good and bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 02:03 PM

Anyone ?

Old 11-17-2014, 02:34 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,826,108 times
I don't care about it and I don't see the desirability on bit. It is all high density. The area just west of it is garbage. The mall attracts traffic, crime, and all of the riff-raff that lives west of there, the people that live there are obnoxious and feel that they can do whatever they want, the police is aggressive to outsiders, everything seems congested, and the list goes on. For the money there are much better choices.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:19 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,420,891 times
goodluck with Aventura Police if you're not Jewish

Old 11-17-2014, 05:05 PM

179 posts, read 325,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I don't care about it and I don't see the desirability on bit. It is all high density. The area just west of it is garbage. The mall attracts traffic, crime, and all of the riff-raff that lives west of there, the people that live there are obnoxious and feel that they can do whatever they want, the police is aggressive to outsiders, everything seems congested, and the list goes on. For the money there are much better choices.
I have to agree with most of this. The mall is insane, and parking is almost impossible unless you get there really early or get lucky. Aventura as a whole is super congested, and commuting on 95 can be very unpredictable (and it takes a good 10-15 minutes to even get to 95 on Ives Dairy Road). The South American and Russian tourists/visitors can be incredibly annoying and rude (shopping at the Aventura Target/Best Buy/Whole Foods can test even the most patient person's patience). The condo rentals are also incredibly overpriced for what you get, too. I'd rather live in Midtown or even in Miramar.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:25 PM

2,975 posts, read 4,942,754 times
I lived there almost 5 years, during which the traffic around Aventura got worse and worse. Rush hour commute along I-95 originally took 35-40 minutes, when I moved out, it was 55-60 mins. Some days, 20 minutes just to get on I-95. So don't live around there unless your job is around there or unless you don't mind a long commute. That said, in the residential sections it is one of the safest, scenic, most convenient neighbourhoods which is also close to the Beach with easy access to both airports. Aventura is not just Aventura Mall! Those condos have killer views. Some of the surrounding neighbourhoods are working class, but not the ones you drive through to get to I-95, and it's nothing like Allapattah or Little Haiti which are near Midtown. The Country Club Drives running path (2.8 miles) is something I really do miss. If you're working near by during the day and you are willing to do your shopping in "off" hours, you will be able to avoid most of the traffic, and it's actually not too bad.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:59 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,791,758 times
Aventura should be one first target areas for Miami Dade public transit expansion since I've read and heard the traffic is really bad.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:03 PM

I appreciate all the quick feedback.

Single middle aged male with no kids. I'm accustomed to Condo living and want to near both Airports (FLL and MIA) so I can just call a Taxi. I'm already aware of traffic problems and wealthy foreign tourists being obnoxious. I've seen some Condos for sale around the golf course. I'm semi-retired and work online via my computer so I don't have to deal with rush hour traffic and the high jewish population doesn't really bother me, of course that might change after living there. Condos I've seen are priced at around $500k. Expensive place to live for sure. I plan to buy a Condo somewhere around the circle and keep my Condo in New Smyrna Beach. My concerns are the people there and if I will regret moving there. I guess all I can do is research the area more, visit more, pass time in local stores and restaurants and see how I feel about the good and the bad.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:24 AM

14 posts, read 17,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Deckard View Post
I appreciate all the quick feedback.

Single middle aged male with no kids. I'm accustomed to Condo living and want to near both Airports (FLL and MIA) so I can just call a Taxi. I'm already aware of traffic problems and wealthy foreign tourists being obnoxious. I've seen some Condos for sale around the golf course. I'm semi-retired and work online via my computer so I don't have to deal with rush hour traffic and the high jewish population doesn't really bother me, of course that might change after living there. Condos I've seen are priced at around $500k. Expensive place to live for sure. I plan to buy a Condo somewhere around the circle and keep my Condo in New Smyrna Beach. My concerns are the people there and if I will regret moving there. I guess all I can do is research the area more, visit more, pass time in local stores and restaurants and see how I feel about the good and the bad.

Have you checked out Sunny Isles Beach? Just across the Intracoastal from Aventura, it's on the beach front, lots of nice buildings and traffic just like Aventura. With Aventura you have to walk across the Lehman Causeway to walk to the beach. There is no sidewalk or barrier, it's dangerous, plus it's technically illegal. It's like walking on I-95. With Sunny Isles, you're right on the beach, as with New Smyrna Beach.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,024,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
goodluck with Aventura Police if you're not Jewish
What a completely ridiculous statement.

On second thought, make that a completely idiotic statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami