Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 18,069 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are currently living in the NYC area and planning on a move to the Miami area next year. We have family in Florida and are looking to be closer to them, and live in a cheaper area once we start a family. We are 28 years old (will be 29 by the time we move), have a small dog and both work. My office has another location in Brickell where I will work, and my husband is a chef and will most likely find a job in the south beach area. We are most likely looking to rent for the first year to make sure we like it down there, and would be looking for at least a 2 bedroom. As my husband is a chef it's important to us to be close to good restaurants, and we don't want to be too far of a drive from work, or too far from the beach. Currently we pay $2625 a month in rent including our garage spot for a 1 bedroom, and ideally would like to pay less than this although we can afford to pay the same if needed. I have a friend who is from Pinecrest and lives in south beach and she thinks we should look into coconut grove, midtown, and possibly edgewater/wynwood. We have a trip planned in January to check out neighborhoods -Are these good suggestions/ is there anywhere else that we should visit? Any suggestions are appreciated! From what I have heard, I don't think brickell would be the right place for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 05:33 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Yes those pretty decent suggestions especially of your into arts Wynwood is becoming Miami's epicenter of artsy culture and really gives you that hipster vibe. Plenty of good restaurants all around those locations but more so in the Downtown/Brickell for the five star joints. The Food scene here is insane an really is emerging as a major player with the big boys like San Fran, LA, NYC, etc. The more inland you go the cheaper the prices are which is obvious but at the moment gentrification has hit Edgewater, Midtown so those areas are starting to get more expensive.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:04 AM

4 posts, read 18,069 times
Thank you! Any suggestions on specific buildings that might be good to look into?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami