Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 11:58 AM

786 posts, read 629,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
They're coming from NY/NJ, house prices here are similar if not better so that won't be a shock for them. Just smaller lots if they are coming from central or North Jersey.

Plenty of good schools in Miami, many top Florida schools are in Miami but they are private or charter schools usually. (MAST Academy in Key Biscayne is 1 that comes to mind. Obviously Ransom Everglades but that's private and very pricey)

If you can afford the Grove, Gables, Key Biscayne, Miami Shores, etc you'll have a great place to raise a family like many, many others do in those areas. If you're on a tight budget, usually people look to Broward since you get a little bit more and still have good schools.

Sweetwater and Fountainbleu are safe, and a good distance from most work and play spots in S. Florida. When you look for homes in the area though, its not really clean or well maintained as one would expect for housing prices being demanded now. From the outside looking in it even might look unsafe which it is not.

Being from the North East and having family who toy around with moving down every few years, I can say the notion that Florida is still far more affordable remains, when in fact you are just swapping Taxes for Insurance, adding the absolute need to own a car, and doubling daily commute time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 07:35 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,365,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfenn006 View Post
Sweetwater and Fountainbleu are safe, and a good distance from most work and play spots in S. Florida. When you look for homes in the area though, its not really clean or well maintained as one would expect for housing prices being demanded now. From the outside looking in it even might look unsafe which it is not.
The poster didn't say about relocating to those 2 areas, nor did we recommend them as a top location.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
The poster didn't say about relocating to those 2 areas, nor did we recommend them as a top location.

Literally the first reponse to the OP mentioned BOTH of those areas, so I elaborated on that as I have lived there before and moving back to Sweetwater this month.

I didnt know there was a special membership required to be part of the "we" group. I apologize.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:36 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,515,899 times
Quote:
Literally the first reponse to the OP mentioned BOTH of those areas, so I elaborated on that as I have lived there before and moving back to Sweetwater this month.
Not that it matters but post #2 (that mentions Sweetwater and Fountainbleu) is from 2015. There was a new poster who bumped up this thread yesterday.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Not that it matters but post #2 (that mentions Sweetwater and Fountainbleu) is from 2015. There was a new poster who bumped up this thread yesterday.

It really doesnt matter. Take it up that that person that bumped it up yesterday or have the admin bring the whole thread down if it bothers you so much.

Sweetwater and Fountianbleu has changed from somewhat affordable to not so much in the last 5 years and the area although safe looks sketchy at parts but nothing to worry about. An update of the area isnt harming anyone, hell if it reduces another "Thinking of moving to Florida" Threads, well worth it.

Old 06-17-2021, 06:38 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,365,355 times
Quote:
Thank you

Old 06-17-2021, 06:47 AM

154 posts, read 151,077 times
I remember many years ago living in a 3 story building, and on the first floor was an Indian family. Anyone entering the building was frequently exposed to the very powerful stench of Indian curry cooking. Powerful enough to make one's eyes water. It was terrible.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamInMiami View Post
I remember many years ago living in a 3 story building, and on the first floor was an Indian family. Anyone entering the building was frequently exposed to the very powerful stench of Indian curry cooking. Powerful enough to make one's eyes water. It was terrible.

Honestly the smell isnt very appealing, but the food actually rocks. If you are a fan of setting your taste buds on fire you are in for a treat.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:45 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,515,899 times
Quote:
It really doesnt matter. Take it up that that person that bumped it up yesterday or have the admin bring the whole thread down if it bothers you so much.
It doesn't bother me at all, I'm just pointing out that this thread was started 6 years ago and that's when the 2 cities were mentioned. If C-D didn't want us to bump up threads, the similar threads and the search features would not list older threads.

Old 06-17-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
It doesn't bother me at all, I'm just pointing out that this thread was started 6 years ago and that's when the 2 cities were mentioned. If C-D didn't want us to bump up threads, the similar threads and the search features would not list older threads.

And yet this is the 2nd time you mentioned in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami