Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:18 AM

366 posts, read 516,977 times

Advertisements

ok i just moved from dade to broward a month ago and as soon as u cross county's from broward to dade the roads seem to fall apart and traffic gets worse!! not saying broward roads are perfect nor the traffic but sheesh... its a hell of a lot better. so many road works or just roads ignored in dade county plus miami beach is a road works and traffic night mare at the moment. are roads not a priority in dade??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 02:30 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
ok i just moved from dade to broward a month ago and as soon as u cross county's from broward to dade the roads seem to fall apart and traffic gets worse!! not saying broward roads are perfect nor the traffic but sheesh... its a hell of a lot better. so many road works or just roads ignored in dade county plus miami beach is a road works and traffic night mare at the moment. are roads not a priority in dade??
You've got to be kidding ***MOD CUT*** ? Check out the 836 and 826, I-95 near I-195 was completed a short time ago sheesh!!!!!!!! There are others I am not aware as there are assuredly more.

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-22-2015 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Personal Attacks Not Allowed

Old 07-21-2015, 03:34 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
...so many road works or just roads ignored in dade county plus miami beach is a road works and traffic night mare at the moment. are roads not a priority in dade??
You're complaining about the multitude of road projects while at the same time stating that roads are not a priority and are ignored.

It would be an understatement to say that your point of view is illogical and makes no sense.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:48 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,823,743 times
Concur with the OP. Often driving into Miami is a torture for a car's suspension.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You're complaining about the multitude of road projects while at the same time stating that roads are not a priority and are ignored.

It would be an understatement to say that your point of view is illogical and makes no sense.
the roads were neglected for a long time hence the paying catch up. i95 from miami gardens to down twon feels like your driving on cobble stone pavements.

Last edited by croatbob; 07-21-2015 at 06:38 PM..

Old 07-21-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You've got to be kidding, ***MOD CUT***? Check out the 836 and 826, I-95 near I-195 was completed a short time ago sheesh!!!!!!!! There are others I am not aware as there are assuredly more.
quick on an insult arent u? i95 south is like driving on a road from the 40s. all of south beach is pot hole and construction zone central. all the surburban street of 836 are well below standard. i own a lowered car and can feel every bump and pot hole in the road and im yet to hit anything on the roads in broward but miami it bottoms out, scrapes and hits the bump stops when ever i drive. broward roads are far newer and far better maintained than dades. aint even close. my OP was asking if it was a neglect thing. lack of funding or lack of care that miami roads are in a state of disrepair compared to other countys

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-22-2015 at 06:56 AM..

Old 07-21-2015, 08:38 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
I drive South Florida roads regularly. Honestly the state of the roads in Miami is not much different than in Broward. Traffic in Miami, especially in SW Miami is worse. Broward has less population density and heading East or West is usually a breeze except for the Coral Springs/Pompano area that tends to have heavier traffic. Going North/south is a little more complicated. You have to put up with a lot of long lights on University drive and SR 7

Driving around 836 in Miami is complicated because you have the airport blocking a good amount of the roads but I don't have a problem with the suburban roads around 836.

I really don't recall seeing bad roads in FL. Traffic light coordination is something that annoys me in some rural counties but that's not an issue in most Miami-Dade.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:21 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Well some reasons for this, which are somewhat true:

Miami is older, older streets, older roads.
Miami is more congested urban. More people, more cars, more the roads are used.
Due to congestion roads have not been redone in a long time, such as in downtown and Miami Beach. Ever ride on roads in NYC. They are horrible too.

Old 07-22-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
the roads were neglected for a long time hence the paying catch up. i95 from miami gardens to down twon feels like your driving on cobble stone pavements.
Yep, quite embarrassing actually

Old 07-22-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Well some reasons for this, which are somewhat true:

Miami is older, older streets, older roads.
Miami is more congested urban. More people, more cars, more the roads are used.
Due to congestion roads have not been redone in a long time, such as in downtown and Miami Beach. Ever ride on roads in NYC. They are horrible too.
True about NYC too, and it has gotten worse since when I used to live there. On a recent visit, I couldn't believe how horrible some streets were. And people manage to drive Ferraris and Lambos on those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami