Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:49 AM

10 posts, read 14,076 times

Advertisements

Ok can anyone tell me the most (If there are ANY!) rural or small town areas in broward county? I'm looking for somewhere that is rural or small town where you can own a house on an affordable piece of land of about 1-4 acres where cattle horses and chickens are allowed...It has to be in Broward County and something other than southwest ranches because SR is very costly. Is there anything similar to Southwest ranches but on a less expensive or more affordable scale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 10:14 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,770,219 times
NO NO NO NO NO!! The "rural" areas are just country homes for the rich now, or the few leftover crackers from the days when Florida made sense.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,925,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjl2791 View Post
Ok can anyone tell me the most (If there are ANY!) rural or small town areas in broward county? I'm looking for somewhere that is rural or small town where you can own a house on an affordable piece of land of about 1-4 acres where cattle horses and chickens are allowed...It has to be in Broward County and something other than southwest ranches because SR is very costly. Is there anything similar to Southwest ranches but on a less expensive or more affordable scale?
LOL!

It's called Tennessee.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:12 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,254,060 times
Southwest Ranches is the only thing that came to mind for me, and you signaled that out, so...

You might want to look up in North Florida somewhere, or another state entirely...

Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 PM

Well, if you want slightly, and I mean SLIGHTLY more affordable, he could look into the ranches in west Davie...

But he is still looking in the wrong region of the wrong state.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM

10 posts, read 14,076 times
haha yeah I know what you mean fort lauderdale, but it would have to be in broward...so oh well I guess... thanx anyways everyone!

P.S. I'm actually considering tennessee though

Old 10-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjl2791 View Post
haha yeah I know what you mean fort lauderdale, but it would have to be in broward...so oh well I guess... thanx anyways everyone!

P.S. I'm actually considering tennessee though
I think you posted about SW Ranches in the past. If you can go back to that past thread, I recommended to you a few more suburban cities that are definitely an upgrade from your current location and all around pleasant places to live. Still, the affordability factor isn't there, although much cheaper than SW Ranches.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:21 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,380,514 times
Take a look out on Griffin rd west of 75. There are numerous properties to the left that warrant exploring. The same holds true of Stirling rd. Explore these areas you may find something in your budget.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:18 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,276,991 times
Yeah i agree with everyone else......If you fly over Broward county it is all an urban area.....some small suburb type of cities and the big city (Ft. Lauderdale) but it really doesnt have any spaces between cities or towns.....it a whole big strip and you can see that by flying over the area at nitetime....i flew over the south florida area about 10 years ago at night and it was a whole bunch of lights and then it got dark as the urban strip hit near the everglades......I believe I-75 and and the Sawgrass expressway was where you could see dark in a straight line and going all the way out west and then you could see the city lights all east of I-75 in a straight line, but now it has grown and there are more neighborhoods out near Pembroke Pines and Miramar and weston......but its like day and night ....no towns west of the urban strip really

Old 01-27-2008, 05:03 PM

4 posts, read 4,171 times
Default Rural

There are several small semi rural areas in the Coconut Creek area. Unincorporated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami