Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 10:36 AM

389 posts, read 663,153 times

Advertisements

I work nights, and it's even more noticeable then -- low temperatures, which should be in the upper 60s by now, are consistently in the mid to upper 70s. One of the local TV weather forecasters was saying last night that the latest Miami and Fort Lauderdale have gone without a low in the 60s is Nov. 8, and that record is almost certain to be broken this year.

Don't want to see a repeat of last winter, when we had only a few cooldowns, but the same weather pattern as last winter (cold fronts repeatedly stalling around Orlando, with heat ahead of those fronts being pushed into South Florida) seems to be in place.

I'll take unseasonably warm weather any day over snow, ice and freezing temperatures, of course -- but a few cool snaps now and then would be a refreshing change.

P.S. -- Count my mother-in-law among those who wouldn't mind year-round heat and humidity. She complains if the temperature falls into the 70s, and the A/C in her condo is always set around 81. My wife always sets it a few degrees lower when we visit --argument follows.

Last edited by Papillons2; 11-03-2015 at 10:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 02:05 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,901,478 times
We had a cold front last year for Halloween. It was cool and breezy. Definitely went down to the 60's. My son was in Disney and it was in the 30's. Before that I don't remember a cool Halloween since the late 80's, early 90's maybe? I remember there being a block party and a cold front had come through. It's a very rare thing to have a cool Halloween here. At least this year there was a little breeze and it felt slightly drier. I keep checking the forecast for any signs of a cool down and nothing. Sigh....

Old 11-03-2015, 06:23 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,757,983 times
I do remember in 1993 it was in the 40's for halloween. The last time I remember cool Octobers was in 2005. Wilma blew through and a cold front made it the first enjoyable hurricane aftermath. Florida is not supposed to be tropical, the lack of real winters is allowing the invasive iguanas and pythons to take over. The lack of a rainy season this summer was terrible, and it scares me to think this is a trend. People lie when they say they like hot weather, every home I see has the windows closed with air conditioner on. My 85 year old mom likes her central air at 74 degrees. I keep mine at 69 at night 72 during the day. When working outside I take a break every 30 mins to enjoy air conditioning.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:18 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,901,478 times
Oh yes, forgot the cold front after Wilma. Gorgeous, cool crisp weather and that amazing clear night sky full of stars while we had no power.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:28 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
I have lived here all my life except for the early 70's when I was in the service stationed in Colorado Springs. I loved Colorado so much I didn't want to return home. I often think about actually going back sometimes. Loved the lack of humidity for one thing.
Florida has only wet and dry seasons. I do love the winter here though. It's nice when you can open the house up and air it out.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:41 PM

471 posts, read 621,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Looks like we are back to the heat and no rain for relief. In the past we had cool weather for halloween. But as in the last 5 years it's November and 90 degrees. Will the air conditioner ever be able to shut off again? Not sure about the rest of you but I for one am fed up with sweating every time I go outside. Before 2010 it was not unusual for the central air to be turned off in November and not having to be restarted till April. Anyone remember those days? Growing up in the 70's it was very common to see dead branches where freezes killed them off. But there has not been a freeze since 1990 if my memory serves me right.
This is due to global warming. CO2 heats up when hit by electromagnetic waves and oxygen isn't. There is people that refuse to get rid of their old cars, contributing to global warming.

Humans release CO2 (7 billion people), cows release a lot of Methane (Cow fart), and factories and vehicles also release CO2 when burning fossil fuels. All that CO2 in the atmosphere gets heated by sunrays. The world is changing so rapidly that future generations will never experienced Earth as we know it today. The only process that transforms CO2 into Oxygen is photosynthesis and I see no one planting trees.

Also, Miamians do not have mass transit, that contributes to global warming, lots of residents with pick up trucks and Hummers.

Last edited by MiamiResident; 11-07-2015 at 10:51 PM..

Old 11-08-2015, 05:12 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
This is due to global warming. CO2 heats up when hit by electromagnetic waves and oxygen isn't. There is people that refuse to get rid of their old cars, contributing to global warming.

Humans release CO2 (7 billion people), cows release a lot of Methane (Cow fart), and factories and vehicles also release CO2 when burning fossil fuels. All that CO2 in the atmosphere gets heated by sunrays. The world is changing so rapidly that future generations will never experienced Earth as we know it today. The only process that transforms CO2 into Oxygen is photosynthesis and I see no one planting trees.

Also, Miamians do not have mass transit, that contributes to global warming, lots of residents with pick up trucks and Hummers.
Global warming is a natural cycle that has taken place since the world began.
That man is contributing to it is a total scam so that progressives in government can justify a carbon tax.....a tax on everything that runs.A total control of the worlds energy supply.
All of the scientists on board with that are all getting grants to continue research and those who don't are shut off.
Actually,it's not called global warming any more.....too embarrassing when record cold fronts move in.
It's now called "climate change"

Old 11-08-2015, 11:46 AM

400 posts, read 516,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Global warming is a natural cycle that has taken place since the world began.
Well said. Just as the doomsday "predictions" that South Florida will be completely flooded in about 100 years. I don't have the exact number of years ago, but it was underwater to begin with.
The cycles are so far separated from the human life span that we don't see them, or choose to try and bend everything within our life spans.

The cow farts are changing the planet's climate? Have You noticed that there are, waaaay more people farting, than cows? Possibly since the Stone Age, more humans farting than cows.

I like one of George Carlin's routines, where he in sublime sarcasm points out our arrogance, thinking that we can change the entire planet's climate by farting and suggesting that The Planet may have a conscience of her own, the only reason she has kept us alive is because she wants Styrofoam, plastic...things she cannot produce on her own.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:17 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,973,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Looks like we are back to the heat and no rain for relief. In the past we had cool weather for halloween. But as in the last 5 years it's November and 90 degrees. Will the air conditioner ever be able to shut off again? Not sure about the rest of you but I for one am fed up with sweating every time I go outside. Before 2010 it was not unusual for the central air to be turned off in November and not having to be restarted till April. Anyone remember those days? Growing up in the 70's it was very common to see dead branches where freezes killed them off. But there has not been a freeze since 1990 if my memory serves me right.
I'm very sick of this never ending summer. High 80's in November? Horrible.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:27 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,468,122 times
Oh, I know. I checked the weather back home and 90s in the forecast. I don't envy y'all at all! It's in the 60s here dropping to the 40s and I wouldn't want it warmer than that! Hopefully there will be a front soon. November 1st my mom asked how the weather was here in Texas and I showed her a pic saying "cloudy and 57" and she's like "That's so nice!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami