Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 09:01 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir.thewayahead View Post
Miami Dade county should actually be a part of the republic of Cuba!
It's already the unofficial republic of North Cuba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 11:12 AM

301 posts, read 369,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
It's already the unofficial republic of North Cuba.
Weather Forecasters are predicting a Cat 5 to level Miami sometime in the next 10 years .... Just sayin!

Old 12-18-2015, 03:42 PM

289 posts, read 305,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Are you referring to people of color (Black Americans) in Overtown? You sound like a Racist Bigot if you ask me and your pathetic agreement that Native Americans commit more crimes than undocumented immigrants is just utter and clear incompetence. Have a nice evening.
The comment about natural-born (not Native, that means something else) Americans committing more crimes, per capita, was me. Not the guy you replied to. And while you may think it's pathetic, it's actually backed up by pretty much every statistical source that can be refined by those criteria. The bottom line is that once you remove crimes related to the act of illegal immigration, you quickly find that illegal immigrants commit less crimes per capita than people that were born here. I really don't care too much if you believe it or not, or what your gut tells you, because fortunately your opinions in no way change the actual, observed, measured impacts of illegal immigration (which tend, on the whole, to be largely positive).

Old 12-18-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
The comment about natural-born (not Native, that means something else) Americans committing more crimes, per capita, was me. Not the guy you replied to. And while you may think it's pathetic, it's actually backed up by pretty much every statistical source that can be refined by those criteria. The bottom line is that once you remove crimes related to the act of illegal immigration, you quickly find that illegal immigrants commit less crimes per capita than people that were born here. I really don't care too much if you believe it or not, or what your gut tells you, because fortunately your opinions in no way change the actual, observed, measured impacts of illegal immigration (which tend, on the whole, to be largely positive).
Agreed.

I am simply debating and arguing that illegal immigrants are causing a lot of problems in American society today, not to mention the billions of dollars shelled out to illegals and all the scams by Cubans and other illegal immigrants living in the United States. And your comment about Native Born Americans committing more crimes per capita than illegal immigrants, is true.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:15 PM

683 posts, read 854,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Well if you want Cubans to be treated equally under Immigration Laws you can start by repealing the Embargo & the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966. This Act has been in effect for 49 years and Cuba is still a Communist country so they are considered political refugees.
Good luck with that with the Republicans in power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Adjustment_Act

deboinair Nobody gave Miami to the Cubans. You fled Miami just like others did when you saw that Cubans were taking over the political & economic system in Miami and it made you uncomfortable.
That speaks volumes about your ability to relate to others who aren't of your ethnicity and have issues with a city that isn't controlled by a "Anglo power structure".
No. I just like to hear English. It's not like we aren't in America or anything. I love different cultures. Those different cultures speak English along with their native tongues. I don't like the Miami Cuban culture. They were given a city and have some serious entitlement issues. Fort Lauderdale is better place to live or anything North of Miami IMO. This is why most Cubans are in Miami, because they can't get away with their shenanigans anywhere else.

It's my opinion that US tax dollars shouldn't be used to help Cubans who don't bring anything to the table.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Agreed.

I am simply debating and arguing that illegal immigrants are causing a lot of problems in American society today, not to mention the billions of dollars shelled out to illegals and all the scams by Cubans and other illegal immigrants living in the United States. And your comment about Native Born Americans committing more crimes per capita than illegal immigrants, is true.
I'm all for legal immigration. It's a shame I've had friends who jumped through hoops for YEARS to get citizenship and Hispanics can walk in. Doesn't make sense.

Looks like that is coming to end when Trump is elected.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:34 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
I'm all for legal immigration. It's a shame I've had friends who jumped through hoops for YEARS to get citizenship and Hispanics can walk in. Doesn't make sense.

So the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 is Obama's fault? Okay.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:52 PM

400 posts, read 516,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post

Trump, or anyone else has, not even mentioned the Cuban Adjustment thing.
Trump's vindictiveness was, initially towards Mexico, after their government blocked some of his predatory business attempts.
His "block all Muslims" has nothing to do with Citizens of Cuba.

"When he is elected" (we haven't been, even to the primaries yet) I'll pull out my beach chair and watch him build, with his own hands at some points, that monumental wall from the Pacific Ocean South of Sandiego aaaaaaalll the way to the Southern tip of Texas. I'll pull a second chair to watch how, exactly, the Mexican Government is going to, willingly PAY for it.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 is Obama's fault? Okay.
No. Obama has serious infatuation with Mexicans, thus why he is letting all the craziness go on with giving them licenses and the other crap. Well I guess if you get 20 million dollars in campaign donations from Eva Longoria's group you gotta do something right? smh

Old 12-26-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 is Obama's fault?
A typical Democratic blame it on someone else question. The Cuban Adjustment Act is in dire need of a modification and hopefully if Trump is elected he will do something to stop the massive influx of bad immigrants coming in to the United States and Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami