Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,462 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

Just wondering how the beaches in Miami-Dade County compare to those in Broward and Palm Beach Counties?

Where will I find the bluest most Caribbean like water?

Which beaches have less blue and more grey water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 07:46 PM

676 posts, read 721,815 times
I'm new to south Florida, but I can give an opinion. Deerfield beach is very nice, clean and well kept. It has a nice grassy area with palm trees where you can sit, a few covered cabanas, and a nice boardwalk, (but not made out of boards). Lots of restaurants, an area for younger people with volley ball nets. The water is clean, and on calm days looks like glass.

Delray and west palm beach are are nice also. As far as blue, I think because it's all the same water, only a little father up or down the coast, the water is the same color. Much nicer than the beaches up north. Maybe because the way the sun hits it. I qualify for that statement because I lived in NY all my life and have visited numerous beaches there and about.

I love the beach and am greatful to be near one at this point in my life.

I'm sure other veterans of Florida will give you great opinions. Like I said, I'm fairly new in south Florida, so this has been my observation thus far.

Have a blessed day.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:52 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
I'm pretty sure Delray, Deerfield Beach, and West Palm are not in Miami....

Old 02-26-2017, 09:04 PM

676 posts, read 721,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
I'm pretty sure Delray, Deerfield Beach, and West Palm are not in Miami....
Oops. You are correct. I misread the post. I saw broward county and that's it. Another senior moment.

Can you give the op any suggestions?

Old 02-26-2017, 11:46 PM

526 posts, read 376,867 times
Go to Key West...is pure Caribbean!!!!

Old 02-27-2017, 06:30 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
Oops. You are correct. I misread the post. I saw broward county and that's it. Another senior moment.

Can you give the op any suggestions?
The BEST beaches (and sandbars) are accessible by boat only or are private. After that, Crandon Park maybe? Not the "best" beach but a little more Caribbean vibe I think when the day is right, but can also be "meh" when not perfect weather. But we don't have the same type of beaches you would find in the Bahamas, for example.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:44 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3PlmBch561 View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering how the beaches in Miami-Dade County compare to those in Broward and Palm Beach Counties?

Where will I find the bluest most Caribbean like water?

Which beaches have less blue and more grey water?

I find Key Biscayne beaches quite filthy.

I much prefer South Pointe to anywhere else in Miami Beach. Not sure about the northern part of the County like Sunny Isles, Bal Harbour and Aventura.

In Broward, Hollywood Beach.

In Palm Beach, Delray Beach at Linton Blvd.

I believe the outer keys are Monroe County, starting with Broad Key/Northern Key Largo out to Dry Tortugas. Not familiar with them, but my understanding is that they offer few, if any, wide sandy beaches, though the waters may indeed be the bluest and most like the Caribbean.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:27 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
Haulover Beach

Old 02-27-2017, 08:33 AM

66 posts, read 66,517 times
The beach near the Light House of Key Biscayne Village is wuite nice and not crowded like the one from Crandon Park.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:43 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Haulover Beach
Second that!!

South Beach/MiamiBeach the color/sand won't change on you.

I find Palm Beach to have a very 'clear' water which is nice, but not a gorgeous blue you find on Carib islands.

Best beaches for that are drive to the keys and then take a boat to a boat-accessible island only.

If you want plush sand, visit the other side of Florida for that (with a few exceptions of course)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami