Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 09:05 PM

26 posts, read 29,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
And they are going to drive to Overtown to watch a team they have no reason to watch at a stadium that offers no parking?

If Beckham manages to attract some of the big European stars, yes. There are many people from South America and some from Europe in Miami area who would like to see some of the big stars live.

For example, New York Red Bulls had big jump in attendance after Thierry Henry joined. Same thing with LA Galaxy after Beckham joined.

The problem is they would need to bring big stars all the time Beckham's personal connections could help there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 02:24 PM

26 posts, read 29,150 times
I'll post this here for people who don't believe there are enough soccer fans in Miami.

Yesterday was a friendly match between Peru and Croatia at Hard Rock Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Article
Andre Carrillo, with his hair dyed gray, booted in a first-half strike, and Edison Flores used his left foot to knock in a rebound in the second 45, much to the delight of the crowd of 46,893, which was dominated by red-and-white clad Peru fans.

One more article from a couple of months ago about a friendly match between Real Madrid and Barcelona

Quote:
And why 35,728 fans paid $20 to $30 (plus parking) to watch their favorite players stretch, dribble around cones and scrimmage at the teams’ open training sessions at Hard Rock Stadium on Friday night.
Quote:
And it explains why an expected-sellout crowd of 64,767 paid between $240 and $3,500 per ticket to witness the latest edition of the Spanish grudge match, including fans from all across the United States and more than 50 countries.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:08 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Real Madrid vs Barcelona is your comparison to some new start up team?

The Super Bowl, NBA Finals, NCAA Champ, etc. all sell out in Miami as well...doesn't mean Dolphins/Heat do...

Old 05-10-2018, 04:57 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
All the S Floridians opposed to the Soccer Stadium/Overtown Project need to drive up to Orlando and learn a lesson

...Church Street Station was a homeless paradise and between there west to the Citrus Bowl the same picture plus decaying homes and property and increased crime and drugs..In came the Amway Center and last year The Orlando City Stadium (Soccer) and that whole AREA has come back alive and more and more new buildings and residences are giving the Area an amazinn feel and look.

The same will happen in Miami..it's so clear that people will look back here a couple of years after Beckhams Group Project is completed as to why did they NOT want to be part of something that is good for all involved.

Progress is the ONLY way to move Forward..Downtown Orlando FOUND the answer, all Miamians have to do is carbon copy their Approach and Final Result.

BTW I have attended two Lions matches already this Season and the Stadium Rocks, the 1st one was at 90% attendance, the second one, a sell out.

The team is doinn well and has NO famous foreing players this year. Yet the public is behind them 100%.

It's a WINNER Folks

Last edited by Hammocks Bum; 05-10-2018 at 05:07 AM..

Old 05-10-2018, 05:21 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,897,778 times
Okay don't make it seem like the Orlando city stadium has already revitalized Parramore in Orlando,it's still a very dumpy area that hopefully as the years pass will improve.The stadium is certainly going to help as is a brand new police station built right by it.There are new buildings going up but it's going to be a long time until the area turns around.I'm a long time Miami resident who moved to Orlando and every time I go to the Amway center or the soccer stadium I still see a whole lot of homeless all over the area.Bringing in the stadiums will hopefully work but it's still too early to see major changes in Orlando.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:26 PM

Sorry, I grew up in Orlando. Its not the same.

First - Church St is the party/bars area and still is. BEFORE the crash, they built a beautiful bus terminal and moved a lot of the homeless but they are still very prevalent.

Second - The Orlando Magic ALREADY Existed in Orlando AND its was on the same side of I-4 already. The team also had success in the last 20 years and had an average fan base (almost like the Dolphins). So the owners built a brand new, shiny stadium VERY Close to the current stadium.

3rd - the area around the soccer stadium is still not considered a 'safe' area and full of the same homes that are boarded up. The attendance has been above average for the women's team but they do have the olympic/World Cup stars on the team (Morgan, Leroux, etc.)

The Citrus bowl is one of the worst parts of Orlando and has been for decades. There are no plans to change that area which is why UCF built its own football stadium on campus and doesn't play there anymore.

However, building the soccer stadium in that area was a welcomed idea by the people. They also built parking for it (which the Miami stadium will not have) and did not rely on 'walking to the game' patrons as the Miami club thinks will happen. Orlando didn't have football or baseball either (miami has both).

Downtown Orlando has not yet 'found' the answer as you state. The nice part of downtown has been revitalized over the years (thanks to cheap prices during the housing crash, just like Downtown Miami). The area West of 95 still has a very long way to go and may never come around.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:44 AM

Folks...2 things...I had NO idea that Orlando Stadium has their OWN Parking..I have gone 2wice with Family that live in Seminole County and we parked both times at least 6-7 blocks away from the Pitch on the East side of I-4.

We walked from there with MANY, MANY Fans..There is NO parking marked Orlando Stadium all the way there so..No idea that there is or was that facility.

If we can walk 6-7 blocks there we surely can do that here.

The 2 matches I went to were for The Men's Team, Not interested in the Gals, other than to go see Alex close by.

Have a Nice TGIF

Old 05-13-2018, 10:03 AM

To ALL the Mothers...Have a Great Day !

Old 07-19-2018, 05:55 AM

Yet more and more people against the Beckham Project, I have a feeling he and his investors are about ready to give Miami the ~Kick in The Grass~ and move to other horizons in this Land of Ours.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammocks Bum View Post
Yet more and more people against the Beckham Project, I have a feeling he and his investors are about ready to give Miami the ~Kick in The Grass~ and move to other horizons in this Land of Ours.
Yeah, miami is tired of giving up public land for cheap to help out billionaires build sports stadiums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami