Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 09:01 AM

142 posts, read 272,527 times

Advertisements

These are the 30 rudest cities in the United States - INSIDER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 09:27 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
BULLCRAP LIST!

Chicago is the warmest place Ive ever been to. People are just humble and friendly. Sometimes i forget I am in a city. Miamis should not be on that list because of the reasons mentioned on the article. Mind blowing crap right there.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:35 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times
I often find those accusing others of being rude as the last people who should be giving out common courtesy and/or etiquette advice....also, some--probably from rural areas where their closest human contact is 5+ miles away--confuse direct and/or walking with a purpose (i.e. have things to accomplish and are holding to a punctual schedule) for being rude....I find those who try to "out happy" one another (the "have a nice day" crowd) are the same clueless types who insist on getting on the elevator before letting you off, not holding a door open for the person behind them, and/or not saying thank you when another person does are the ones who are easily offended and quick to label others as rude.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:42 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
So Madrid is number one in Spain, and who really cares ???? All the Tourists go there to get treated BAD, worse than in Paris and No One Complains.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:54 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
I would say NYC the rudest

Old 06-18-2018, 08:05 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,878,536 times
Miami is a lot like Moscow how friendly the service is depends on how rich you are.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:44 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Miami is a lot like Moscow how friendly the service is depends on how rich you are.
In other words Money Talk$ and the ~whatyamacallit~ Walks

Old 06-19-2018, 06:38 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
NYC rude? Maybe 40 years ago, because the NYC I grew up visiting (Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn) doesn't feel hardcore vulgar and rude like many people like to portray.

My wife and her parents are natives of The Bronx (Mott Haven, to be precise). Even they complain how rude and nasty Miamians (the Hispanic ones) are. They all had a very dangerous childhood and even with that background, they find Miamians to lack common courtesies and manners.

But I disagree with Miamians being rude.

I have never been to Moscow, but the " how friendly the service is depends on how rich you are," line is not, in fact, the case in Miami. You just have to understand how they deal with you. If you are not Cuban, the loud accent and the lack of customer service may be intimidating to you, sometimes annoying, I understand that; however, they don't mean any harm or insult by their behavior. You just have to understand them.

It's all about patience.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:40 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times
could not agree with this more.

in NY, where I grew up, there are 4 "safety nets" in place in which common sense and common courtesy is drilled (or slapped) into your head.

If you do something stupid or "rude", one or all of the following will correct you:

1. Your parents
2. If that fails, your friends
3. If that fails, your peers
4. If that fails, strangers

There are extreme, not everyday/common, situations where all bets are off--such as those trying to catch a subway at 8AM or 5PM--just as there are when trying to leave the parking lot or stadium of a sold out concert or football game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
NYC rude? Maybe 40 years ago, because the NYC I grew up visiting (Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn) doesn't feel hardcore vulgar and rude like many people like to portray.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:08 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Well I liked their explanation for the rudeness :

Miami recently unseated New York City and Los Angeles to become Travel + Leisure's rudest US city in 2016. But it's for kind of a flattering reason, according to the publication.

"They're multilingual, beautiful, and wealthy," Florida-based travel blogger Christine Austin said. "For regular folks, visiting here can feel like stumbling into a nightclub full of supermodels while you're wearing yoga pants."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: