Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
I agree that people get anchored down and can't pick up and move away for a number of reasons. I would love to move away to North Carolina to raise my three and seven year old. Unfortunately, our jobs, family, friends and comforts kind of hold us here. It's a little harder for us also because we were born and raised in Miami. I see the crime live in person which is more than most people imagine. Is Miami bad? Absolutely. There are also a few things that are nice about Miami and a lot of good people. Then again, what may be nice for one person isnt for the next.

Again, this person who I am thinking about, IS a racist. I don't care how frustrated you are, there is no excuse for his comments. I think that he once again got banned, but may have resurfaced last night under a new user name. His hate is so obvious. I guess that it's his mission to show his hate. Or maybe he is jealous that some latin or illegal immigrant moved in next door and aquired the same house that he did in the little time that they have been here. Maybe his wife left him for a Latin.

As I said before, if he is that angry and bitter maybe he should eat a gun! I know that if I was that bitter, I wouldn't be in a place where I'm that unhappy. Maybe that bitterness will cause hime to have a severe heart attack and as he is holding his chest and losing his life, he'll ask god for forgiveness.
And if he gets a little bit lucky, it may have been a Latin who saves his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 10:57 AM

929 posts, read 1,157,248 times
we had one relative in the state. my gf's uncle. he passed away last year. we had just gotten together and had a dinner with our friends (the ones in cutler ridge) and went to bed. 3am my gf wakes me up to banging on the door. we're a little hungover from the wine we had with dinner. i open the door and theres a cop there asking for my girlfriend. she peeks her head out and he says "do you have a relative in largo, fl?" "i regret to inform you theres been a death in the family. call this number". it was SURREAL. apparently they found her address in her uncles address book and because she was the only living relative in the state they delivered the message in person like when they deliver the message that someone in the service died. very strange. my gf had to tell her dad his brother had died. it was a pretty terrible situation. the only thing i can think of is they deliver the news in person because theres so many old people here that maybe theyd have a heart attack and theyd want to be there if it happened? dunno. it was so old fashioned.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:05 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,401,890 times
It's just another perk of the job. Telling people that a relative has died. I know it all too well. It's even worse when they are discovered severely decomposed or murdered as opposed to a apparent natual death.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:17 AM

ahh youre a cop? no offense because i want to hear your side of the story. why is it police dont enforce traffic violations here. are they simply overwhelmed?
ive seen some pretty crazy things with police too. i saw a cop pull over off alligator alley and go fishing when i was scouting out the state. we also had to call 911 on our upstairs neighbor who was a police officer at the last complex we were staying at because he was beating the living crap out of his gf at 3am and we wokeup to blood curdling screams.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
ahh youre a cop? no offense because i want to hear your side of the story. why is it police dont enforce traffic violations here. are they simply overwhelmed?
ive seen some pretty crazy things with police too. i saw a cop pull over off alligator alley and go fishing when i was scouting out the state. we also had to call 911 on our upstairs neighbor who was a police officer at the last complex we were staying at because he was beating the living crap out of his gf at 3am and we wokeup to blood curdling screams.
Dont hold it against me. If people only knew how few officers are actually working as road patrol, they would flip. There have been nights where it's me and another guy in an area between SW 40 St.(Bird Rd. and SW 88 St.). I think that you hit it on the head when you stated that we are overwhelmed. We go call to call and try to clear them as quickly as possible. They always seem to pile up and there are plenty of days that I have to catch a bite at a drive-thru and eat while driving. They have made so many specialized units, that people don't get the quality and patience as they would from a smaller city or town. It's like an assembly line of calls and the traffic is horrible just trying to get there.

As far as an officer stopped along alligator alley fishing, we would get fired and trust me there are plenty of cop-haters who would drop the dime and notify the department. In a defense though, we are allowed to use our take-home cars off-duty. Maybe he was off-duty and decided to cast some lines.

As far as a cop beating his girlfriend, we are people and make mistakes like anyone else. Trust me, he would get arrested and our courts will give him the max even though the habitual civilian offender wil get a slap on the hand. There are good in bad in every profession. Not all cops eat donuts or have robot personalities even though I know plenty of them.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:43 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
Dont hold it against me. If people only knew how few officers are actually working as road patrol, they would flip. There have been nights where it's me and another guy in an area between SW 40 St.(Bird Rd. and SW 88 St.). I think that you hit it on the head when you stated that we are overwhelmed. We go call to call and try to clear them as quickly as possible. They always seem to pile up and there are plenty of days that I have to catch a bite at a drive-thru and eat while driving. They have made so many specialized units, that people don't get the quality and patience as they would from a smaller city or town. It's like an assembly line of calls and the traffic is horrible just trying to get there.

As far as an officer stopped along alligator alley fishing, we would get fired and trust me there are plenty of cop-haters who would drop the dime and notify the department. In a defense though, we are allowed to use our take-home cars off-duty. Maybe he was off-duty and decided to cast some lines.

As far as a cop beating his girlfriend, we are people and make mistakes like anyone else. Trust me, he would get arrested and our courts will give him the max even though the habitual civilian offender wil get a slap on the hand. There are good in bad in every profession. Not all cops eat donuts or have robot personalities even though I know plenty of them.
Oh boy, and I was going to make some dumb joke about the drive-thru being a donoughts drive-thru place.
Hey, I think it's good we have a police officer on board!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:50 AM

Thank you. It's funny how some nights I stop in a Dunkin Donut to pick up some coffee to try and stay awake. There at the tables are some people stuffing there faces with donuts and they laugh at me for getting a cup of coffee. They forget to look at themselves. Meanwhile, I'm in decent shape. It cracks me up. But hey, I can't blame them. They are just cop-haters. LOL

Old 01-10-2007, 12:22 PM

to tell you the truth i like the police being a little more lenient like it is here. the cops in LA were gestapo-like to the point of scary. i was i a neighborhood surrounded by 900k homes and they would fly black police helicopters over looking for heat signatures of pot growers. or they would follow you in your car just waiting to turn on those lights to pull you over for the smallest infraction. when we did call 911 for that incident they came quickly even though it was weird with the 911 operators asking me what color my neighbor was. once in LA i saw a cop fly down the street with the sirens blaring just to pull right into a crispy creme and shut off the lights. geez. i wish i were joking.
i dont think people here have anything to hate police for. sure they played "**** police brutality" by anti-flag at the warped tour but people here have nothing to complain about. LA cops are nazi scary. its bad enough where you develop a fear of police in LA. i find im one of the few on the roads out here who actually fear the police. it seems most other people do crazy traffic violations in front of them because they know they wont get pulled over. also at the warped tour (probably the largest gathering of white people in miami in 2006) there was a fight waiting for nofx to come on because a squall was passing through and there was a huge downpour. a cop car pulled up and this black cop jumps out and runs up to the guy in the crowd with a rubber bullet gun i think it was. presses it on him and shoves him in the vehicle. the crowd turns on the cop car and starts throwing rocks and mud on it. that was bull****, totally uncalled for. the cops didnt do anything but try to keep the peace.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,861 times
Are there any jobs for Clerical/ Admin or Mortgage Serving jobs in Fla?

Old 09-03-2014, 03:34 PM

63 posts, read 87,651 times
Impossible not to make friends. It's you, not anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami