Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 04:01 PM

7,411 posts, read 6,565,413 times

Advertisements

No word on when it will be rescheduled.

I’m pissed that I booked a vacation to be out of town the week it was originally scheduled for to avoid it...oh well...even more pissed they pushed back the new James Bond film from April to November due to the Coronavirus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.you...cancelled/amp/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 04:28 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
That really makes zero sense to cancel. Are the related events scattered around canceled? Crowds? We still host numerous cruise ships. What about the Calle Ocho festival?

If it was part of an overall lock down, i would understand, but Miami has numerous things with numerous people from all over going on now, during Ultra, and after.

Edit, I see they are looking at Calle Ocho now about canceling. I still say unless they do a wide spread crack down on all events, there is no point to it.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:30 PM

Tennis open.

Elsewhere, NCAA monitoring events but basketball tournament still on for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That really makes zero sense to cancel. Are the related events scattered around canceled? Crowds? We still host numerous cruise ships. What about the Calle Ocho festival?

If it was part of an overall lock down, i would understand, but Miami has numerous things with numerous people from all over going on now, during Ultra, and after.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:03 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,702,970 times
Wasn't ULTRA also cancelled last Year ? ? ?

Old 03-04-2020, 05:09 PM

No, was held at Virginia Key instead of Bayfront Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Wasn't ULTRA also cancelled last Year ? ? ?

Old 03-05-2020, 04:47 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,702,970 times
Txs

Old 03-05-2020, 06:43 PM

Don’t know about that...just found out a former coworker called on Amazon at their Seattle HQ’s this week. A person in the Amazon building was diagnosed with the virus. She will be quarantined upon her return to Dallas for 14 days and has been told not to show up at the office. I doubt she was coming into as close contact or pressing her body against other people at Amazon as attendees at Ultra would. (Granted, Washington State appears to be most effected in the US this far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

Edit, I see they are looking at Calle Ocho now about canceling. I still say unless they do a wide spread crack down on all events, there is no point to it.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:21 AM

Calle Ocho Festival Cancelled also...

Old 03-06-2020, 09:14 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,360,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Calle Ocho Festival Cancelled also...
Wow..I'm thinking the Sony Open might be next. I hope not, planned taking my son for his first time but didn't buy tickets yet.

Also, March Madness in Tampa in a few weekends, you have to wonder if that's next? . I guess you can't be too careful

Old 03-06-2020, 09:17 AM

Less certain of the tennis open and NCAA...if those cancellations happen, bank on a bear market (that won’t stop at 20%) and recession...did not realize Calle Ocho attracts close to 1 million. Between that and Ultra ( 170,000?) should be quite a hit to the local economy, even more so if Miami Open (close to 400,000 attended last year) also gets cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Wow..I'm thinking the Sony Open might be next. I hope not, planned taking my son for his first time but didn't buy tickets yet.

Also, March Madness in Tampa in a few weekends, you have to wonder if that's next? . I guess you can't be too careful

Last edited by elchevere; 03-06-2020 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami