Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 12:14 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,325,277 times

Advertisements

Been a pretty warm winter. No complaints, but was a bit cooler last year. 87 tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 06:30 AM

126 posts, read 220,028 times
No complaints here. Temps tonight in the Northeast, where I am from originally, will be -6F (before wind chill is factored in). I'm good here in Miami no matter the temperature!

Old 02-03-2023, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr8999 View Post
No complaints here. Temps tonight in the Northeast, where I am from originally, will be -6F (before wind chill is factored in). I'm good here in Miami no matter the temperature!
Hahaha! I am good too. Went to the beach this morning for a walk before work. I grew up in NY and moved here a little over a year ago. Not missing that cold weather at all!

Old 04-28-2023, 06:53 AM

Looks like things are shaping up for a hot/wet summer. Not a complaint from me; just an observation. This is my second summer here so looking forward to whatever the weather brings.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:52 AM

927 posts, read 759,730 times
You can tell who is a local by their sweaters and long sleeves.

Old 06-19-2023, 08:25 AM

2nd summer here in Miami. Been great so far. Love how it dies down a bit as folks leave town. Finally getting to experience June Gloom. Was pretty dry last June. This June is lots more rain. Perfect for napping.

Old 06-19-2023, 08:36 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,559,570 times
By far shaping up as the worst of 7 summers I’ve experienced here….August weather began in May. Mosquitoes seem to be out in far greater numbers this year. In the past I would only get bit when hanging out at the pool; not this year—I am getting bit just out and about. Warmer ocean temperatures have me a bit concerned as well. Was great getting away for vacation last month; another one coming up in 3 weeks.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
By far shaping up as the worst of 7 summers I’ve experienced here….August weather began in May. Mosquitoes seem to be out in far greater numbers this year. In the past I would only get bit when hanging out at the pool; not this year—I am getting bit just out and about. Warmer ocean temperatures have me a bit concerned as well. Was great getting away for vacation last month; another one coming up in 3 weeks.
I am so lucky that mosquitos don't like me! My friends get bit and me nothing standing next to them. On another note, I tried this spot on Saturday. Small venue. Deviled eggs and dry aged steak were good. Space is kind of "divey", but had been recommended to me by others so gave it a shot. https://www.mignonettemiami.com/

Old 06-20-2023, 02:40 PM

18 posts, read 6,743 times
First Miami summer here also. Despite all the warnings from friends, it's really been... fine. Definitely more humid but very bearable if you stay in the shade. The rainstorms are a bit unpredictable, but they seem to mainly come in the afternoon. I went up to NYC for a week and between the humidity with zero breeze, schlepping around the hot sidewalks, and being crammed in the subway with hundreds of people and no AC... I'll take Miami summer any day over that.

Old 06-21-2023, 11:53 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,468,122 times
Lived in Miami (and its suburbs) between ages 2 and 20 and the summers were never the problem for me. It was the lack of change/seasons. Its July and 95? Cool. Its July! Its supposed to be hot! Its September and 95... gross. But hey, it should cool soon right?
Its October and 90? This is some BS! Can't we get some relief?

It used to get cooler earlier and stay cooler later but with GW the "cool" period is getting shorter and shorter and more interrupted by heat.

Also, I grew up inland. There was as much a seabreeze there as there is in Arkansas.

I am a fall and winter type of person. I can't even do 40s for Christmas let alone 70s and 80s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami