Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2023, 06:48 AM

7,410 posts, read 6,556,774 times

Advertisements

College and pro teams on a roll:

U of Miami and FAU Men’s Hoops made NCAA Final Four
Dolphins made the playoffs
Heat and Panthers 1 win away from NBA and NHL Finals (no jinx)

Marlins?….ah, never mind..but the World Baseball Classic was great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 06:59 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
Panthers and Heat are getting incredibly lucky. Panthers have a worse team this year, yet are on some tear lately (and getting a lot of help from the refs too). I'm sure the NHL is ensuring it'll be a Vegas/Panthers final, need that sketch $$$.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CXT2000 View Post
Panthers and Heat are getting incredibly lucky. Panthers have a worse team this year, yet are on some tear lately (and getting a lot of help from the refs too). I'm sure the NHL is ensuring it'll be a Vegas/Panthers final, need that sketch $$$.
Tkachuk and Bobrovsky have been amazing.

Both the Panthers and Heat were #1 seeds the year before; while their regular seasons this year were disappointing it’s not as though they were bottom feeders of both leagues (even at 8 seed) who came out of nowhere though this year’s run (as deep in the playoffs) was not expected. Refs go both ways—see game 1 first OT winning goal overturned; very questionable.

Not sure the Heat will fare well v Denver but I’ve thought that for 3 series now. Jimmy Freakin Butler.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:12 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
College and pro teams on a roll:

U of Miami and FAU Men’s Hoops made NCAA Final Four
Dolphins made the playoffs
Heat and Panthers 1 win away from NBA and NHL Finals (no jinx)

Marlins?….ah, never mind..but the World Baseball Classic was great.
Don't jinx this LOL! I was just in Toronto visiting some of my Canadian team and they were saying the fans were hoping to play the Panthers. That didn't workout so well!

Doesn't matter what seed you are when you enter the playoffs...anything can happen! Heat need to keep their focus. We don't want to let the Celtics back into the series. Spoelstra's putting on a coaching clinic!

Wish the Marlins were better, but the Tampa Bay Rays aren't too bad!

Old 05-23-2023, 07:18 AM

And the Heat are doing this without Herro, though I often refer to him as Turnover Tyler. Thankfully, Robinson has stepped up—including on defense.

If Spo made one mistake last year v Boston I thought it was his underutilization of Caleb Martin in that series. Not this year….and Gabe Vincent reminds me a lot of former Laker Derek Fisher from those championship years.

Old 05-23-2023, 12:41 PM

38 posts, read 22,690 times
Don't forget about Nova winning the Division II Basketball Championship undefeated.

PGA Championship was just won by a guy from West Palm.

The only U.S. Formula One driver is from Fort Lauderdale.

Kentucky Derby was just won by trainers, jockey and owners based in South Florida.

Old 05-24-2023, 07:30 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
And the Heat are doing this without Herro, though I often refer to him as Turnover Tyler. Thankfully, Robinson has stepped up—including on defense.

If Spo made one mistake last year v Boston I thought it was his underutilization of Caleb Martin in that series. Not this year….and Gabe Vincent reminds me a lot of former Laker Derek Fisher from those championship years.
Dumpster fire last night at the arena. So many ridiculous turnovers. Lowry made some awful turnovers and airballs. Fortunately, Heat have more opportunities to pick up one more win.

Old 05-24-2023, 08:18 AM

635 posts, read 405,926 times
Serious question: do you EVER post in the Canada or Tampa/Orlando (your self proclaimed favorite portion of Florida) sections of this site? Or do you simply just troll anything South Florida related?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CXT2000 View Post

Last edited by silverct9a; 05-24-2023 at 08:27 AM..

Old 05-25-2023, 08:08 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,659,481 times
After last nights game, safe to say the real loser in all of this are the Calgary Flames. Players aren't built like the Tkachuk brothers, I get he wanted out of Calgary, but they made poor decisions with their assets.

Old 05-26-2023, 08:35 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
How are Heat fans feeling about this series now?

It seems like many (most, even) national pundits are convinced the Celtics are going to win this thing. As a Celtics fan, I'm laughing. For starters, it's never been done before and there's a good reason for that. This Celtics team has played 1.5 good games out of five total. And they've been wildly inconsistent throughout the postseason. They could easily revert to the team we saw games 1-3 and Miami could close it out with a blowout win tomorrow night. And the Heat seem to be fueled by the doubt that's been thrown their way this year.

I also don't buy the "The Heat NEED to win Game 6" talk either. Obviously that would be ideal for the Heat, but on top of being extremely inconsistent, the Celtics are only something like 5-4 at home this postseason. I don't see how a potential Game 7 is anywhere near a lock for Boston. I'm just curious as to what Heat fans are thinking. Most Celtics fans aren't nearly as confident as the talking heads on ESPN seem to be.

Last edited by lrfox; 05-26-2023 at 08:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami