Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2024, 03:17 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times

Advertisements

Taking 45,000 square ft lease at The Plaza in Coral Gables:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...3geqfHB3sKk8mE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 09:07 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,321,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Taking 45,000 square ft lease at The Plaza in Coral Gables:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...3geqfHB3sKk8mE
Love it! Nice win for the Gables.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:07 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
Is the Plaza in Coral Gables currently under construction? I can see building construction looking northeast towards CG from Downtown Dadeland near the BrandSmart on 88th Street.

Old 04-11-2024, 06:01 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,652,593 times
Great news for Coral Gables, Brickell was probably too expensive for them, but it's always good to see other areas gaining large leases.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:41 AM

Something interesting about this and it 100% ties into office leasings. The two cities leading in return to offices as of March, 2024 are Miami and NYC.

Miami is at 85% vs pre-pandemic levels, NYC hit 80%. So Miami is doing very well, the death of NYC has been overblown (as always). S.F is doing the worst but they're finally gaining traction.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:29 AM

415 posts, read 650,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CXT2000 View Post
Something interesting about this and it 100% ties into office leasings. The two cities leading in return to offices as of March, 2024 are Miami and NYC.

Miami is at 85% vs pre-pandemic levels, NYC hit 80%. So Miami is doing very well, the death of NYC has been overblown (as always). S.F is doing the worst but they're finally gaining traction.
To be fair Miami and NYC are leading the nation in a survey of foot traffic relative to pre-pandemic levels. They survey about 1,000 buildings and traffic foot traffic at those buildings over time.

In terms of actual vacancy Miami is leading the pack with lowest vacancy that is getting lower, but NY has a higher vacancy that is getting higher. They currently are at a record high for emptyness.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/02/real-e...for-emptiness/

Quote:
While the peak era of remote work may feel long ago in the past, the number of vacant offices in Manhattan just hit a new record.
Quote:
The borough’s office availability rate -– or, how much of that market is currently unfilled — hit 18.1% in the first quarter of 2024......Still, the rate has gone up even in the past 12 months, when it was 17.1%, and even last quarter, when it was 17.9%.
The interview with Michael Cohen on NY's market is interesting.

https://commercialobserver.com/2024/...filling-space/

Quote:
I don’t really see us leasing our way back to 10 percent, or anything near 10 percent.
They really need to figure out how to convert a decent portion of office to a more desireable use. I've worked on a office to resi conversion and the problem is that most office buildings don't layout well to resi units as floorplates are too deep.

But I think their issue is more than office. The migrant issue has forced them to reduce budgets for police, schools, sanitation, etc. Empty office means lower property values which futher reduces revenue. The lower services leads to more people leaving. For example 80% of residents can't afford child care and now because of lower funding more child care centers will have to close. More people again leads to less revenue.

They are literally replacing people who pay into the system, with people who are dependent on the system. And they have no political will to change anything. I'm not saying they're doomed but it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

But as usual their loss is another gain which in this case is Texas and Florida.

Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM

^ vacancy is going back up in Brickell/downtown. Wynwood still has a 30-35% vacancy, depending on broker data,but MDC overall is stable. It is getting very expensive to lease here, so I'm expecting further slowdowns.

For NYC, vacancy is high, but there's so many major office projects U/C and proposed, class A/AAA is where all the action is. Conversion is so expensive, but they desperately need to convert older Class C/B office towers. I'm hoping for the best in NYC, but that city is resilient and has faced struggle before, they're the most important city in the world.

Old Today, 09:58 PM

837 posts, read 851,866 times
This move from Apple makes a lot of sense, considering that Miami, being in the US, is a much more secure location to operate for Latin American markets rather than opening a South American location in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, or Venezuela, considering what those countries are going through with their economies, their finances, and their politics. The US economy will insulate this location from further erosion if you were to locate it somewhere in Latin America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: