Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 11:20 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times

Advertisements

In some threads I have had strong disagreements with people who seem to think there are lots of beautiful women in South Florida. My assertion is that there are not. After some back and forth we came to the conclusion that we were talking about different "South Floridas". Mine was the one I see in Costco, Wal-Mart, Publix, and the malls. Theirs was mainly South Beach.

So, I was at South Beach yesterday for about 10 hours and I decided to count the number of beautiful women I saw. "Beautiful", while always being hard to quantify, had to be given some criteria in order to have any meaning. So, I decided on "not fat and attractive (subjective) face" or "Thin and OK face".

I walked toward the beach, hitting the shops along the way and in about 30 minutes I counted 7 that fit my criteria. While this was more than I'd see in hours of a normal day, I still considered it low. Still, I did notice MANY fewer obese people than I was used to seeing.

When I actually made it to the beach part of "South Beach" I gave up counting. There were A LOT of beautiful women. I still suspect that most of them are tourists based on the accents and languages I heard but I do have to concede that South Beach has lots of beautiful women.

As for those whom I have had this disagreement with, you could take my experiment in reverse and go to the places I mention and count the lack of beautiful women but for you own sake it would be better to take my word for it and spare yourself the visual agony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 11:37 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
How would that benefit anyone or why does it really matter,anyway beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?

Old 07-05-2008, 12:31 PM

314 posts, read 1,036,941 times
it was july 4th. everyone goes to south beach from everywhere on july 4th. go on thursday july 10th and count. Its not even close. south beach is constantly rated one of the most beautiful people in the world.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:01 PM

167 posts, read 199,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
In some threads I have had strong disagreements with people who seem to think there are lots of beautiful women in South Florida. My assertion is that there are not. After some back and forth we came to the conclusion that we were talking about different "South Floridas". Mine was the one I see in Costco, Wal-Mart, Publix, and the malls. Theirs was mainly South Beach.

So, I was at South Beach yesterday for about 10 hours and I decided to count the number of beautiful women I saw. "Beautiful", while always being hard to quantify, had to be given some criteria in order to have any meaning. So, I decided on "not fat and attractive (subjective) face" or "Thin and OK face".

I walked toward the beach, hitting the shops along the way and in about 30 minutes I counted 7 that fit my criteria. While this was more than I'd see in hours of a normal day, I still considered it low. Still, I did notice MANY fewer obese people than I was used to seeing.

When I actually made it to the beach part of "South Beach" I gave up counting. There were A LOT of beautiful women. I still suspect that most of them are tourists based on the accents and languages I heard but I do have to concede that South Beach has lots of beautiful women.

As for those whom I have had this disagreement with, you could take my experiment in reverse and go to the places I mention and count the lack of beautiful women but for you own sake it would be better to take my word for it and spare yourself the visual agony.
Say want you want to say about South Florida and South Beach .. yes we have our fair share of ugly unattractive women and men , .. which part of the country doesn't ... have you been to Columbus , Ohio .. my God talk about porkers everywhere !!

I go to South Beach a lot and although I am American , I have a weakness for Latin American women ... Colombians, Venezuelans , Brazilians and Argentines .. do not care for the more "Caribbean" Latin American women as much ... Cuban , Puerto Rican , Dominican as they tend to be more ghetto at least in South Florida and not as classy as the South Americans ... now what you see in South Beach are mainly from the first group ... likely not tourists but women from these countries that now live in Miami Beach ... trust me most of the "homely " women you see on South Beach are tourists ... the babes that work at the bars and restaurants are local talent ... maybe foreign born but they live down here ... you will also see knock outs at the Aventura Mall .. blonde haired blue eyed Argentine women ... knock outs at the Dolphin Mall mainly Colombian and Venezuelan ... all over Coral Gables , Coconut Grove , the UM campus , in short everywhere down here ... there is a laundry list of problems down here that are unique to South Florida and certainly many , many issues with crime , corruption , illegal immigration , and cost of living .. but lack of beautiful women is not one of them !!

Next time you are in South Beach take a stroll at night on Lincoln Road and tell me what you see ????

Old 07-05-2008, 06:11 PM

763 posts, read 3,532,492 times
So pointless.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:15 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,890,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
How would that benefit anyone or why does it really matter,anyway beauty is in the eyes of the beholder?
No, Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder...

j/k in all actuallity this thread is lame.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:09 PM

65 posts, read 251,174 times
Default Be Honest

I don't think this thread is pointless or lame at all. In fact it tells me a lot more that is relevant about Miami than another crime thread.

I live in California and go to the beach a lot. And as a gay male I can tell you that when I see hordes of beautiful buff young guys it has a measurable effect on my happiness. Even if I know they are all straight and I have no chance of getting them, they are still nice to look at. Anyone who denies the importance of eye candy at the beach (or anywhere else) is either not a male or has been castrated or is lying.

I have thought off and on about moving to South Florida, mainly because of a lower cost of living and more urban feel. But I just can't bring myself to even consider it too seriously. I think there are five reasons:

1. The ****ty weather in the summer (I don't like humidity)
2. The unfriendliness of the people compared to laid back and friendly Cali
3. Crime
4. Skin Cancer - I am white and SoCal is about as south as I can go without risking or having to constantly fear skin damage.
5. The lower class of the people in general, which includes personality, fluency in English, and yes let's admit it - beauty.

So I find this thread instructive because I have always heard about how South Beach is full of beautiful people, so it is interesting to hear that it might all be propaganda. Or maybe it isn't? I have no idea, but let's at least have an honest discussion about it rather than saying it is "lame" to even discuss it. If you are not interested in this discussion then go read another thread, but don't denigrate those of us who find this important (or are honest enough to admit that it is important).

So on that note, how goodlooking are the guys in South Beach?

Old 07-06-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
So pointless.

Kevin ... why is this pointless ... Roger Bacon usually comments on how ugly Miami women are and I have always disagreed with him ... in fact I thought he must be nuts or blind ... finally he admits seeing beautiful women after a trip to South Beach and I am in full agreement .

Old 07-06-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowTraveler View Post
I don't think this thread is pointless or lame at all. In fact it tells me a lot more that is relevant about Miami than another crime thread.

I live in California and go to the beach a lot. And as a gay male I can tell you that when I see hordes of beautiful buff young guys it has a measurable effect on my happiness. Even if I know they are all straight and I have no chance of getting them, they are still nice to look at. Anyone who denies the importance of eye candy at the beach (or anywhere else) is either not a male or has been castrated or is lying.

I have thought off and on about moving to South Florida, mainly because of a lower cost of living and more urban feel. But I just can't bring myself to even consider it too seriously. I think there are five reasons:

1. The ****ty weather in the summer (I don't like humidity)
2. The unfriendliness of the people compared to laid back and friendly Cali
3. Crime
4. Skin Cancer - I am white and SoCal is about as south as I can go without risking or having to constantly fear skin damage.
5. The lower class of the people in general, which includes personality, fluency in English, and yes let's admit it - beauty.

So I find this thread instructive because I have always heard about how South Beach is full of beautiful people, so it is interesting to hear that it might all be propaganda. Or maybe it isn't? I have no idea, but let's at least have an honest discussion about it rather than saying it is "lame" to even discuss it. If you are not interested in this discussion then go read another thread, but don't denigrate those of us who find this important (or are honest enough to admit that it is important).

So on that note, how goodlooking are the guys in South Beach?
1) Humidity sucks in the summer ... score one for So Cal
2) People are a little friendlier in So Cal and a lot more laid back .. but that is changing .
3) Crime is about even as it is pretty bad in So Cal as well .
4) Use plenty of sunscreen !!
5) You may be right here , in the last ten years some real low lifes have
moved here both from the North East and many illegals from Latin
America .... although So Cal is not too far behind . You will hear a ton
of Spanish being spoken in So Cal , but even more in Miami !!

Lot of muscle bound , good looking gay guys in South Beach .. my girlfriend usually says "what a waste " when she sees these buff dudes !!

So Cal and South Florida share many problems , but in general I feel that quality of life is still better in So Cal for either gay or straight .

Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 AM

314 posts, read 1,036,941 times
california has gay marriage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami