Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy in Miami?
Yes, I love it here! 14 34.15%
It's good but not great here 5 12.20%
It's okay 2 4.88%
It is what you make of it 7 17.07%
No, I hate it here! 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 AM

385 posts, read 1,891,455 times

Advertisements

i don't like it but not because of the crime or where i live it's just the people quality - a lot of superficial people here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305Kid View Post
Are you happy living in Miami? Do you love it? Is is just ok? or do you hate it? After you take the poll could you explain why you chose you're answer.

I am a combat Veteran Cuban American and I dont want to sound silly "internet macho" but consider myself "tough" and the complete lack of caring for poor and disabled people that I have seen here in Miami/Doral has made feel like crying.

I mention I am Cuban as ashamed of what I have seen from many Cubans and EVERY Cuban politician here .

When I first moved here I took the bus to go to VA hospital because got lost easily lol . I was there one day and there was an elderly man "hysterical" because he had a needed job interview at 10;15am he didnt drive and was waiting for the bus since 7AM a Bus that in theory runs every 40 minutes after 7am.
It was now 9:30 . I jogged home got my car picked him up and drove him got him there at 10:10.

I emailed the Mayor told him the Bus service in Doral for such a well to do place is horrible and those that cant drive are suffering (I have saved the email) and no responce as he couldnt care less and its even worse now while he goes ariund namimg parks after himself and other Narcistic nonsense.

So to anwser your question lol I like the fishing the weather but ASHAMED truly ashamed of what the people here have become dont dislike it but if had lived here prior would have NEVER served in army as couldnt care less about these people.

The media here will report about EVERY Hispanic "movie star" what they eat ,vacation,etc but give South Floridas political bunch a FREE PASS

Old 07-08-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscountry View Post
there is lots of land in Kentucky for sale for those who don't like living in Miami.. live some where else for a while so the city can be filled with positive people that love it

What about changing or atleast trying to change what it is about Miami that people dont like instead of leaving?

Are you happy with the politicians ?

Old 07-08-2008, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,347 times
I love Miami! The irony is I got sick of Miami and moved to Gainesville about 2 years ago. It took me moving from Miami to realize what I had! I miss the culture, the nightlife, the exotic-ness, the nice cars, the music...everything!! Now I'm trying to move back!

Old 07-08-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargain shopper View Post
I love Miami! The irony is I got sick of Miami and moved to Gainesville about 2 years ago. It took me moving from Miami to realize what I had! I miss the culture, the nightlife, the exotic-ness, the nice cars, the music...everything!! Now I'm trying to move back!

Miami has a lot going for it otherwise I would have sold my house and left but the politicians are the worse in N.America and ONLY die hard Cubans dont see it.
However your right as far as nightlife,etc its great and great outdoor stuff to do . I drive a Cooper so cars not my thing lol

Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I am a combat Veteran Cuban American and I dont want to sound silly "internet macho" but consider myself "tough" and the complete lack of caring for poor and disabled people that I have seen here in Miami/Doral has made feel like crying.

I mention I am Cuban as ashamed of what I have seen from many Cubans and EVERY Cuban politician here .

When I first moved here I took the bus to go to VA hospital because got lost easily lol . I was there one day and there was an elderly man "hysterical" because he had a needed job interview at 10;15am he didnt drive and was waiting for the bus since 7AM a Bus that in theory runs every 40 minutes after 7am.
It was now 9:30 . I jogged home got my car picked him up and drove him got him there at 10:10.

I emailed the Mayor told him the Bus service in Doral for such a well to do place is horrible and those that cant drive are suffering (I have saved the email) and no responce as he couldnt care less and its even worse now while he goes ariund namimg parks after himself and other Narcistic nonsense.
Luiso, that is awesome what you did and people like you are a big part of why I miss Miami. Yes it has a lot of awful points to it but there are some real good people down there and you sound like one of them. Kudos to you for helping that elderly man. I am sad to see however that the buses still run hours behind and the Mayor's office still could care less. Some things will never change I guess.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:18 PM

294 posts, read 1,149,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305Kid View Post
Are you happy living in Miami? Do you love it? Is is just ok? or do you hate it? After you take the poll could you explain why you chose you're answer.
It's too hard to generalize. I like where I live, and could imagine myself living in four or five other areas in MD/Broward. However, I would probably hate it here if I had to live in any area not on my list.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Luiso, that is awesome what you did and people like you are a big part of why I miss Miami. Yes it has a lot of awful points to it but there are some real good people down there and you sound like one of them. Kudos to you for helping that elderly man. I am sad to see however that the buses still run hours behind and the Mayor's office still could care less. Some things will never change I guess.

Thanks it was funny because when I got my car and drove to the bus stop and picked him up. The man said " What you have a car whats wrong with you waiting for the bus?"

Lol I had to explain that due to low IQ I get lost fairly easy lol. I dont get lost any more .
Tell you the truth I dont find the people here political at all its just one group way of thinking loyal to ANY Cuban Rep REGARDLESS of how much they fleece them.

I am not a Dem nor Rep . My problem with Doral is that there is money here so instead of another tennis court or luxury free for the residents lets improve the worse bus service in South Florida.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
i don't like it but not because of the crime or where i live it's just the people quality - a lot of superficial people here.

People here are superficial . Status is very impt here . I drove here from PA I held on to my old car because it ran great and didnt want to buy/lease another till I got here.

It was a 10 yr old Subura (ran like new) had dents,scratches,etc. People in the area looked at it funny even my neighbors it seemed to "bother" .

The car began to have trouble and I leased a 09 Cooper and though nothing fancy at all its "acceptable" now.

If I ever become rich plan to buy the most rusty falling apart eyesore of a car in Florida as a second car and drive that car around Doral and South Beach lol.

I mean a car so vile that duct tape is holding much of it together lol.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:37 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post

I mean a car so vile that duct tape is holding much of it together lol.
Tallrick, I see a business opportunity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami