Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM

5 posts, read 27,816 times

Advertisements

When will Miami Dade fire rescue hire again? It's been almost 2 years since their last announcement...i am a certified firefighter paramedic with no job....if anyone works for this department or has any information, please share......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,026,659 times
If you have your heart set on Miami-Dade Fire Rescue, then you must continue to check, as I am sure you have, their website each week for the announcement, (as most folks even within the department don't often have a heads up on when they'll post the ad, and sometimes find out the same time as the public.)

Miami-Dade is an outstanding department and worth patiently waiting for, but since you are already certified, don't rule out smaller municipalities such as Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Miami Beach, and Hialeah, along with the City of Miami Fire Department.
(And the many great departments in Broward, as well!)

I suggest you get on the MESH list at MESHprogram.com, as many departments (including Key Biscayne, Coral Gables, Coconut Creek, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Pembroke Pines, and others,) use this list as a potential list of candidates to hire from, (including the fire department I work for.)
Read the "frequently asked questions" on the site, make some phone calls to the instructors listed, and ask some questions and see if it would serve you well.

You have chosen the best profession ever, I hope that you are able to get on board with a department soon!
If not with your chosen department of Miami-Dade, then just as an outstanding Fire Rescue Department, as those smaller departments mentioned above.

Good Luck to you drod17!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:16 PM

5 posts, read 27,816 times
Thanks Besitomio for the encouragement, I will continue to check the MDFR website for updates. As far as Hialeah is concerned, I applied with them a year ago and they said they only called the people that applied the first 2 days. Mind you, they took aps for 2 weeks. I applied on the last week. I am worried I will get hired maybe 2-3 years down the road and I am already 38. I have 14 years with Miami Dade County Public schools and I think I may have a good chance of working for MDFR. However, if another department like CG, MB, Miramar, Lauderhill, Davie, Margate were to pick me up, I would be just as happy. The MESH program is a good idea, as some of my friends have been able to get some interviews from it.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:34 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
a buddy of mine who works for Dade says they will be hiring again very soon...definitely this year. So stay tuned ! Good luck !

Old 04-04-2011, 12:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,193 times
These post have been since 2008.Its April 2011 now.When is MDFR doing another recruiting?I agree its a great department work wise and benefits wise at least from what I heard.Did some ride times with them some years ago and comradery was great.Website isnt clear on salary for a paramedic firefighter though. Anyone out there has an idea what that salary is please?Outside of that I dont care who picks me up.Just want to be a FFP(a working one)

Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 AM

221 posts, read 452,953 times
MDFR is one of the best in the country. It's one public service that our pols don't skimp on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami