Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 04:54 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
I think the trick is looking like you have nothing, i drive a crappy old truck and don't even wear socks much less a watch, not to mention I am build like a rugby player with a shaved head and nasty cauliflower ears from decades of cage fighting, they just don't bother me. Nobody bothers people who dont have anything.

I might have 500bucks in my pocket but they look at me like I am going to ask them for money....lol
You know the secret. Nobody ever asks me for money because my car looks like it came out of a lake. My truck is not as bad but is almost 20 years old. The problem I have with Miami is that you pay top dollar for third world and get stuck in traffic the county wants to be clogged up.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:21 AM

1,031 posts, read 639,031 times
I bet finding a good mechanic is a real pain

Old 12-27-2009, 09:11 AM

sounds like Chicago, or any other major metro area...I bet its traumatic for the average american but I lived in Africa for 7 years so Miami seems like a subdivision in Minnesota compared to the REAL 3rd world...lol

Old 12-27-2009, 02:36 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
If you lived internationally and loved our Black and Hispanic population, why not stay living abroad and get that experience first hand? Miami would just be a watered down, americanized version of what you enjoyed. Also, people tend to be nicer in their native countries...here the immigrants, much like first and second generation Americans, forget the old world charm and idolize the American-Hollywood trash scene.

I am also surprised that you enjoyed Homestead and Opa Locka???

Old 12-27-2009, 02:38 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
PS Is Boer in your name a reference to a Nicaraguan baseball team by any chance?

Old 12-27-2009, 05:17 PM

you have a point about the culture, black and Hispanic people are fervent consumers, thats my theory.

the consumer mentality of immigrant populace is a highly exploitable resource, Living in the USA and profiting off the "new wealth" mentality of a industrious group of people is my bag baby.

the 3rd world is a very hard core environment and is not a safe or fun way to turn a profit or make a living IMO, however Miami has the "feel" of the 3rd world in some areas and a freeking wal-mart just down the road, talk about eating you cake and having it as well....lol

Boer as in South Africa.....IE Boer war....

Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 AM

736 posts, read 2,295,688 times
Quote:
I has such a fantastic time in Miami that I have to decided to relocate there ASAP....

I absolutely love the Black and Hispanic populace of the city.

anyone with international living experience like me would love the cultural diversity of the city and when you understand the cultural heritage of the people and can really connect with them in a way they respect you for the effort.

So Boer: You need to give an update. A year since you said you'd like to relocate. Do you still plan on moving to Miami...?????

Old 12-29-2009, 04:52 PM

more now than ever but the recession is a double edge, great housing market and TERRIBLE job market....

I hate to admit it but I have been trying for 4 years, turned down offers I would DIE for now.....

boer sad.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 PM

736 posts, read 2,295,688 times
Quote:
more now than ever but the recession is a double edge, great housing market and TERRIBLE job market....

I hate to admit it but I have been trying for 4 years, turned down offers I would DIE for now.....

boer sad.

You are not alone....

Old 12-29-2009, 05:58 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
boer funny that you should say this since i have two friends, one in state and one of out state and both fell in love with Miami. My out of state friend relocated through a job transfer but after a year was transferred to another city and misses Miami. and is waiting to be transferred back.
The in state friend spent a few days visiting Miami for the first time and was amazed at the diversity, how urban the city feels and all of the amenities Miami has to offer. He is now looking to relocate once he finishes school.
I know Miami isn't everyone's cup of tea but there is nothing like it in the state of Florida. Glad you enjoyed yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami