Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:53 PM

99 posts, read 426,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
ONLY in Miami
You seem to love those words, don't you.

Anyways, Just saw the memorial for the family on the news and Im glad to see they are getting alot of support and the State Attorney said they will fight to keep the scumbag in jail.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianM09 View Post
You seem to love those words, don't you.

Anyways, Just saw the memorial for the family on the news and Im glad to see they are getting alot of support and the State Attorney said they will fight to keep the scumbag in jail.

this forum needs two implementations. one would be a negative ping on the poster and the other would be an ignore feature.

I gave you a positive stroke for your response to miss gloomy.

back on topic. what a tragedy for the family and the community. I hope the offender will find peace in his troubled life. he now has to live with the reminder of his mistake forever.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:55 AM

49 posts, read 49,092 times
"he now has to live with the reminder of his mistake forever."

He doesnt deserve to live, period.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
ONLY in Miami is this nonsense tolerated. This POS should be given the death penalty for murdering 3 children and clearly showing zero remorse. .
No, not only in Miami. This country as a whole is way too lax on drinking and driving. People excuse it away at every turn. And to actually make it so the fact that you are drunk mitigates the charge for the slaughter of innocent people...that is really, really ridiculous.

I always hate comparing the U.S. to other countries, but one thing we could emulate is the zero tolerance drunk driving policies many other countries have. Once is enough. Then maybe people would take it more seriously.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:51 AM

640 posts, read 1,823,754 times
stan4> the fact that you are drunk mitigates the charge for the slaughter of innocent people

Because under American (and most countries') law, intent and premeditation determine the charges.

The U.S. has a history of not treating drunk drivers seriously. It used to be even worse. It could be much better.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:22 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,974 times
Gabriel Delrisco

nice... too much tequila??? or rum??? I think Anglos can hold their booze better than Hispanics. They don't get mad, aggravated, or emotional as easily as Hispanics when they drink.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:30 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post

Ha! This loser reminds me of the dirtbags that are so common in West Dade! Especially Sweetwater, Westchester and West Kendall.
I try to avoid those areas like the plague. Guys like that are a dime a dozen in good ol' Miami. You see them weaving in/out of traffic, speeding and cutting people off in their Ford F150s or Dodge Rams (they really have no clue how to handle such powerful, heavy vehicles in the first place).

The "ride it like a Ford" mentality needs to be stopped and scumbags like this one need to be thrown in jail for life.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:32 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No, not only in Miami. This country as a whole is way too lax on drinking and driving. People excuse it away at every turn. And to actually make it so the fact that you are drunk mitigates the charge for the slaughter of innocent people...that is really, really ridiculous.

I always hate comparing the U.S. to other countries, but one thing we could emulate is the zero tolerance drunk driving policies many other countries have. Once is enough. Then maybe people would take it more seriously.
I couldn't agree more. Those who cause death as a result of being intoxicated should be charged with first degree murder and sentenced accordingly. Those who are caught DUI just ONCE should be automatically banned from driving for a year; if they are caught twice, banned for life and/or jail.

Driving is a privilege, at the end of the day. So many people here are abusing that privilege and their drunk/reckless driving ruins/ends lives.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:17 PM

49 posts, read 49,092 times
Default sad

It's pretty sad that if I first heard this story, and saw the guy and read what his name was, my initial thought would be that this occured in Miami or Ft Lauderdale. That's pretty sad.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-01-2009 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: quote removed

Old 01-31-2009, 01:21 PM

640 posts, read 1,823,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post

Ha! This loser reminds me of the dirtbags that are so common in West Dade! Especially Sweetwater, Westchester and West Kendall.
Because of how he looks?

The Ku Klux Klan called. Your sheet is ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami