Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2007, 01:21 AM

5 posts, read 100,380 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, i am 20 years old, i am moving to miami, from the caribbean, where it is legal to drink and go clubbing at 17. and i kno its 21 in the US. so my question is, can i still go to clubs even tho im not 21 yet? or are all the clubs 18 to party, 21 to drink?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 08:19 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
South Beach is entirely 21 and up just to get through the door at ALL the bars/clubs. A few years ago, they had problems, with tiny boppers on the beach, see they put this law up a few years ago.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:54 PM

20 posts, read 88,061 times
Wink dont get a fake id

No... I'm 28 and they still ask for my ID (good Thing!) and dont try to get a fake Id you'll get in trouble...
just go to the movies and to school! youll find time after 21 to go party

Old 03-22-2007, 06:24 AM

7 posts, read 77,251 times
You will be able to find "18 & up" clubs in nearby Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas. I have seen a couple on South beach as well but not any of the big popular clubs.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:08 PM

356 posts, read 1,269,084 times
if you are a girl you can get in almost anywhere at any age. I did

most of the clubs in ft lauderdale are 18 to party 21 to drink.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:26 AM

5 posts, read 100,380 times
they didnt card u or anything? i mean i do look a bit older than 20 tho'

Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 AM

356 posts, read 1,269,084 times
I always went with someone that had an ID. I would stand at the door wearing something skimpy and go oh no I forgot my ID. MY friend would say she is 21 and they would always let me in. I am really tiny so I look(ed) young for my age.

South beach is different some of the clubs are hard and some are easy to get into. there are so many I am sure you would get into a few.

anyway that was over 10 years ago. There are alot of 18 and up clubs in ft lauderdale anyway.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:55 AM

166 posts, read 986,495 times
I think you need to be 21. Word of caution: they put date rape pills in the drinks. I wouldn't go into any club by myself. Once my friend, who is a guy, went into a club with my husband so many yrs. ago. He met this beautiful blonde, who put this drug into his drink. Sure enough he started to like he was totally drunk, but he only had two beers.

She gave her number to him, but, I just felt something really bad was going to happen if he called her on her cell. She had put the pill in his drink, told him to call her right after she left the club....I followed him out of the club, and ripped up the number. He was trying to find a pay phone to call her. I just felt something horiffic was going to happen, even though I had no idea at the time she drugged him. I ripped up her phone number and told him I was going to take him home. He passed out later on in the evening.

Long story short: when he woke up he told me he must have been drugged. He remembered seeing something tiny at the bottom of one of his drinks. It's not possible for him to react this way over two beers. I have known him for 20 something years and I believe his story.

I also worked for a lady who had the Boca rapist tile her house. It was all over the news. He used to go to Club Boca and put pills in the drinks of the women he would rape. One day he got caught, but got let off due to a technicality. He had some nerve calling us up asking if he could show his clients the work he had done in her house. We wouldn't let him in the house that's for sure. We wouldn't want him putting that in our drinks. I would be really careful about the club scene down here. I would never go to a club without a few good male friends going with me, and I wouldn't drink anything inside the clubs. You can always have a drink or two before you go in...but be careful. I have had two separate experiences where I came close to a person who put those pills in a drink at clubs down here and it does make you very cautious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami