Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 05:57 PM

90 posts, read 71,042 times

Advertisements

Why are there so many hit and runs in South Florida? Why are drivers so horrible in general? I know there's no such thing as perfect driving, but drivers in South Florida are a special breed. Put it this way, I found it so bad down there that I had to leave. I was tired of popping a Xanax every day just to calm myself down because of the stress of dealing with the many brainless, overly aggressive idiots down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 06:00 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
Saw one yesterday, the person was in one of those motorized wheelchair/scooter things when they were hit. Luckily people in the parking lot of Publix came running.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:06 PM

90 posts, read 71,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Saw one yesterday, the person was in one of those motorized wheelchair/scooter things when they were hit. Luckily people in the parking lot of Publix came running.
It's disgusting. I moved a few months ago, but the drivers were shocking. It's not drivers as such though, rather people in general. It seems that South Florida is full of people who have no regard for anyone, along with many people who would hit a person, then drive off, leaving them for dead. I am so glad that myself and my family are finally OUT of the cesspool known as Miami. At least I don't have to worry about drivers and my stress / blood pressure levels have gone way down.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:46 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5000 View Post
It's disgusting. I moved a few months ago, but the drivers were shocking. It's not drivers as such though, rather people in general. It seems that South Florida is full of people who have no regard for anyone, along with many people who would hit a person, then drive off, leaving them for dead. I am so glad that myself and my family are finally OUT of the cesspool known as Miami. At least I don't have to worry about drivers and my stress / blood pressure levels have gone way down.
Is your issue with South Florida or Miami .... there is a difference you know ? I drive in Palm Beach Gardens , Boca Raton , Coral Springs and other areas of Palm Beach County and Broward and there is a marked difference between these areas and Miami . Also read the local papers on line of any major city and there are hit and runs everywhere not just Miami . I am hope you moved real far away so that your blood pressure has gone down

Old 12-21-2009, 09:32 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:

Someone in a car hit a person in a wheelchair? Did they stop? Or did they just drive off?

Old 12-22-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Someone in a car hit a person in a wheelchair? Did they stop? Or did they just drive off?
I am not sure actually. I saw the wheelchair/scooter thing in the road on its side, but couldn't see the person as there were so many people around to help. Which was really nice to see. A few months a go, I watched an old lady hit another old lady walking in a parking lot. It was like it was in slow motion, I saw the woman to my right crossing the traffic lane in the parking lot, saw the woman in her car across the street start to move. The next thing I saw the old woman was on the hood of this car. Then she was on the ground in front of the car. Luckily cops were walking into the Olive Garden feet away from the accident. The old lady in the car stopped thank goodness. Its crazy the things I have seen driving in my home town.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:39 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
I am not sure actually. I saw the wheelchair/scooter thing in the road on its side, but couldn't see the person as there were so many people around to help. Which was really nice to see. A few months a go, I watched an old lady hit another old lady walking in a parking lot. It was like it was in slow motion, I saw the woman to my right crossing the traffic lane in the parking lot, saw the woman in her car across the street start to move. The next thing I saw the old woman was on the hood of this car. Then she was on the ground in front of the car. Luckily cops were walking into the Olive Garden feet away from the accident. The old lady in the car stopped thank goodness. Its crazy the things I have seen driving in my home town.

Wow, that's ridiculous.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
I live in the Orlando area now and let me tell you this isn't just a Miami/ South Florida issue. We have just recorded our 20th hit and run in the metro this year. The last two were quite horrific as a man crossing East Colonial Drive was struck by a SUV and kept going but a witness was able to get his tag number.
The worst this year was a girl walking to her school bus stop ( again with no sidewalks) and was run over and dragged and left to die at the side of the road.
I don't know what posseses these people to not stop! You don't have a license? or insurance? That pales in comparison to hitting someone and just leaving!

Old 12-22-2009, 12:45 PM

Empathy, Compation for another human being, self centered mentality many things some people have losts for some reason.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:55 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,194 times
Quote:
Empathy, Compation for another human being, self centered mentality many things some people have losts for some reason.

Wow so true ..... I remember last year in Hartford , Ct when old man was the victim of a hit & run driver and after being run over he lay there for an hour in the street as people just non chalantly walked by him and did nothing ... the video was all over CNN and You Tube ... I agree wth you and your comments above ... what I do have issues with is those on here who make it out to be a "Miami only " thing , which is dead wrong .... morals , civility and ethics have decayed all over this great country .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami