Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 AM

10 posts, read 105,096 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone
can anyone tell us if we screwed up by booking a cruise to the bahamas in July? We live in Oklahoma and didnt even occur to us how hot it would be in that part of the country. We are sensitive to humidity. Would this be intolerable? thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 PM

929 posts, read 1,156,120 times
very intolerable for you guys if you dont like humidity.
my parents were out here in late july 2005 and we took them to key west.
theyre used to the little if any humidity and cool temperatures along the california coastline. my father now refers to the walk to mallory square we took as "the death march". i laugh everytime he calls it that but no joke. its extremely hot during that part of the year.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:13 PM

563 posts, read 2,773,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamaexplorers View Post
Hi everyone
can anyone tell us if we screwed up by booking a cruise to the bahamas in July? We live in Oklahoma and didnt even occur to us how hot it would be in that part of the country. We are sensitive to humidity. Would this be intolerable? thanks.
I hate to say it, but yeah, you did.

You can cut through the humidity down there with a knife during the summer. You WILL have ocean breezes though

With that being said, I don't think it's entirely unbearable. Drink a lot of water and stay in the shade and you'll be able to manage.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:22 PM

what islands are you going to? i hear jamaica had really cool refreshing freshwater springs coming up in the ocean.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:31 PM

10 posts, read 105,096 times
Default island in bahama

cococay and Nassau, Bahamas. One day at each. one day at keywest dont know which island though. If its too hot we might head back to midwest!!
ha

Old 06-20-2007, 12:40 PM

key west would be key west. it IS the island.
make SURE you visit the keywest butterfly house if you get a chance to walk around. best 10 bucks in the keys.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:09 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Hi everyone
My very first cruise was in mid July in the Caribbean. It was hot and humid one of my things i dislike about florida. Yah you pretty much picked one of the worst months. I can't say you will not be able tolerate it, but it will hit you once you get off the plane. If you are sensitive to humidity, well than yah this is one of the worst times. But hell, just bring a battery operated hand fan with a mister, hat, sun block, wear light clothing. Spend time in the pool and in doors on the ship as much as possible. When picking your excursions pick ones that will keep you either in the water or on an air conditioned bus. Have fun!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:15 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,497,513 times
Quote:
Hi everyone
You will be fine, just wear a hat, sunscreen and carry TONS of water. Don't buy it on the ship on the way out (they over charge you). There are of stores along the way that sell bottled water a lot cheaper. The Kalik beer is also cheap and ice cold about 3.00 a bottle, and you can even drink it on the street, just make sure it's in a bag..totally legal.

Make sure you go over to Arawak Cay for some Conch salad. Foxy's is the best. This is not to far from the Port.

I lived in Nassau for 5 years and can tell you a lot more if you want. You can PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: