Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 10:48 AM

28 posts, read 63,592 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Well I posted a topic a month or so ago about romantic spots in MI and since then I have decided on Traverse City.We are staying at the Holiday Inn in downtown TC.

Now I am going to be popping the question there, and am looking for a romantic restaurant where I could do this. I have heard the top of the Park Place but I can't seem to find any pics or info on it. Also should I call and make reservations for the place you suggest?

I appreciate everyone's help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM

939 posts, read 2,681,619 times
Congratulations The Park Place Hotel has a bar and lounge on the top floor with beautiful views of Traverse City & environs. The restaurant (Minerva's) is adjacent to the lobby. Decent food but nothing to rave about or be engaged amongst. As far as a romantic restaurant with wonderful ambience ( and for "popping the question"), and food that is on a different level then anything else in Traverse City ( save Red Ginger but it's usually crowded & not that romantic ) , I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Boathouse restaurant. It is on Old Mission Peninsula 10 miles north of downtown Traverse City, go north on Peninsula Drive until you get to Bowers Harbor & it's on the left. The food is amazing but you will pay for it. Could easily be $100.00 per person with drinks. The thing is, they are in a class by themselves, culinarily speaking, up here with a setting that is gorgeous.

Your fiance will never forget The chef is a friend of mine from Long Island but he is amazing, as is the restaurant. A 7 course chefs dinner with wine is $139.00 per person

Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
Hi everyone!

Well I posted a topic a month or so ago about romantic spots in MI and since then I have decided on Traverse City.We are staying at the Holiday Inn in downtown TC.

Now I am going to be popping the question there, and am looking for a romantic restaurant where I could do this. I have heard the top of the Park Place but I can't seem to find any pics or info on it. Also should I call and make reservations for the place you suggest?

I appreciate everyone's help!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:46 PM

211 posts, read 588,067 times
Depends on what time of year you are going to be here and how much you want to spend. If you want top of the line cuisine, then the Cooks House probably has the best food in town but you need to make reservations well in advance and while it's small, it's not particularly romantic and they also don't have a liquor license. Red Ginger, downtown, also has incredible food and has much better atmosphere. The Boat House has a nice setting but in my opinion the food is some what over-rated. Nice views over the bay, though.

Somewhat less expensive but still very nice are Tratoria Stella which is located on the old state hospital grounds, which could make for a very romantic stroll if the weather is nice. Amical has good food and is downtown but is usually pretty busy, so not necessarily great for a long romantic dinner. More casual but a nice waterfront setting, which is beautiful on a sumer evening, is the Apache Trout Grill located on West Bay on M-22. Old Mission Tavern has fantastic food and a very nice art Gallery, it's fine dining, don't let the name fool you. It's located close to the end of the Old Mission Peninsula. Bowers Harbor Inn is another nice spot on the Peninsula and can be a very romantic setting, especially when it's cooler out and you are seated near the fireplace.

If you are going to be coming during the summer months, my suggestion would be a late afternoon drive up to Leland. Walk around Fishtown, look at the shops and then have a drink on the deck at the Cove, overlooking the waterfall at the dam. Then walk up the street to the Riverside Inn for dinner. After dinner take a long romantic walk on the beach along Lake Michigan and watch the sunset. Nothing beats a Lake Michigan sunset for setting a romantic tone.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:48 AM

28 posts, read 63,592 times
You guys are all awesome. I made notes and will be looking into everything tomorrow. We are heading up Monday night and I'm hoping to do this Tuesday night.

Thank You so much everyone!

Old 07-15-2010, 11:29 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times
After all the mushy stuff...stop by Paesanos Pizza on E. front St. We go there whenever we are in TC...YUM!!! Oh...and congrats!!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 AM

939 posts, read 2,681,619 times
Paesanos? They don't even offer garlic as a topping. Not a "real" pizzeria IMO. Just dough & tomato sauce & not much else

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
After all the mushy stuff...stop by Paesanos Pizza on E. front St. We go there whenever we are in TC...YUM!!! Oh...and congrats!!

Old 07-16-2010, 06:56 AM

560 posts, read 2,188,267 times
I'd vote for Stella's. It has great food and the ambiance is very unique. We always make sure to go there at least once or twice when visiting from Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan