Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM

760 posts, read 2,441,425 times

Advertisements

Just thought it was interesting..... that there is currently a 27 degree difference between our new house in Marquette and our old house downstate fairly close to the Indiana border. If the forecast for the day plays out right, it'll be a 29 degree difference .

People don't realize just how big and diverse Michigan is. So glad we moved back up here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 12:09 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeg View Post
Just thought it was interesting..... that there is currently a 27 degree difference between our new house in Marquette and our old house downstate fairly close to the Indiana border. If the forecast for the day plays out right, it'll be a 29 degree difference .

People don't realize just how big and diverse Michigan is. So glad we moved back up here!
Thats what makes Michigan so damn awesome!! I see you guys up there are gonna get a ton of rain! But maybe not as much as just west of you.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:35 PM

760 posts, read 2,441,425 times
It's now a 29 degree difference. 88 there, 59 here. We've only had very light rain so far here. I'm not complaining if the hard rains do hit. I remember when Lake Superior was getting so low a few years ago. Would rather have more rain then less.

The colors are fantastic up here right now! Well..... when it's not raining

Old 09-23-2010, 01:53 PM

809 posts, read 1,950,883 times
That temp gradient is going to worsen in the next several hours bringing in a substantial wind storm tomorrow. We will see upwards of 40mph gusts.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:19 PM

19 posts, read 47,085 times
Here in southwest MI, it was sunny in the low 90's on Thurs., now on Sat we're overcast in the mid 50's. Gotta love the fall season in Michigan!!

Old 09-26-2010, 10:54 PM

864 posts, read 1,721,092 times
It's a big state with lots of microclimates. 20-30 degree temp diffs are not that uncommon from point to point. Then there's the entire lake effect thing -- clouds and snow on the west and very different conditions on the east and inland. Most of the population is in the southern half of the lower peninsula and their comments on the weather really don't apply to conditions in the northern lower or upper peninsula during the winter because the differences can be extreme.

I like the sunny fall days in MI -- not so much the cold overcast ones -- but I guess the difference make the good days that much better. I won't be in MI again until Christmas but the weather here in NM gets really nice this time of year too.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:32 AM

271 posts, read 665,048 times
Years ago I used to know someone from Bay City area and in early spring it was like summer. Nice warm weather, and snow in the forecast wasn't even a consideration. Then I'd drive back home 2 hours north and in the fields around Elmira the snow was still a foot deep. And we always get one bout of snow in May, even got a few inches this year and I had to shovel out the satellite dish.

I can think of several times when one day everything was green and 60 degrees, then overnight there was at least a foot of snow on the ground and the snow didn't go away for months. Never know when it's gonna happen so be ready for winter.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
The U.P. is all into itself as far as weather. Most of our cold and storms come directly out of Canada, across lake Superior. Not so with Lower Michigan, you folks get a lot of your weather from across lake Michigan, and from the SW.... In the U.P. we have more sunny days , its a dry cold , and is always changing.
Today is clear blue skys, in the high 50s, lots of Fall color....almost perfect....all week should be dry and the same...good time to come on up....to the U.P.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: