Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,186 times

Advertisements

Wyandotte is a great town if you enjoy living in the 80s. The town is dated and somewhat whitetrash. It is downriver. Near all those factorys that feed the air 24/7 with black smoke and bad smells. Im sure there are nice people there. There are many re-sale shops and physic readers. Drive-thru party stores so you dont have to get out to get that 6 pack and marlboro reds. Romulus,Taylor,Wyandotte,Dearborn,Inkster,Rouge River,Westland anything in Wayne County is pretty dated and lame. I havent heard a thing about gang activity there. Its old people, factory workers, waitresses,line cooks, mechanics everyday people.
I suggest going more north toward Berkley, Royal Oak, Huntington Woods,Clawson , Ferndale, Pleasant Ridge,anywhere around there. These citys are close to downtown but far enough away from it as well.
They are a younger demographic of people, in touch with the times, dress in style etc.....There are also many more things to do and places to shop at in these areas than Wayne County downriver area. Better food and more variety also.
If you can afford it, go farther north to Birmingham,Bloomfield Hills,West Bloomfield,Farmington or Farmington Hills...these are great areas but can be pricey!!! Go to Oakland County if you can!! Look up all these citys read about them do the research....I am not just talking out of my ass either,,,,I grew up in Romulus downriver but got the hell out of there and moved on up (north Oakland County )to Birmingham where I couldnt be happier!!!!! My family on the other hand still stays downriver listening to classic rock and thinking a fancy meal is Outback Steak House!!!! Good Luck!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 01:19 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
I have lived in several cities in the Downriver area and grew up here. Wyandotte does not have gangs. Wyandotte has a very corrupt government, a bunch of fat cats that grew up in the city and get special benefits for their own businesses. Then you have the whole corrupt city cert deal when you buy a home there. I know it well, I went thru it. Lincoln Park has changed quite a bit in the past 5 yrs. Real estate has taken a major dive, repos galore so it is bringing down the city. Downriver is a very industrial area but prolly the most affordable area as far as Detroit burbs go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan