Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
is your house full of garbage? is the bed you sleep in full of empty boxes, wrappers, pop cans? no?
well the earth is my home, and i don't appreciate you trashing it. keep your garbage in your own house thanks.
global warming doesn't matter. your garbage is killing animals, polluting the ocean and poisoning our food. its a reality. you are responsible for your own garbage, not a landfill.

pacific garbage patch jack.

Wrong, I am not responsible for my garbage if I have paid someone to take it to a landfill for me. I am only responsible for putting it in cans that get hauled away. That is how it works, and how it has always worked. Only in the last 20 years has this envirowacko movement started preaching to everyone about how they throw out thier trash. None of it is worth listening too. Better keep brainwashing kids in the schools and on the TV if you want new recruits to the envirowacko movement. Your wasting your energy preaching to me. (Oh and you wont brainwash my kid, Ive already prepared him for all the nonesense that is being pushed on kids today) I wonder how much time treehuggers spend sorting trash, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 PM

850 posts, read 1,898,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Wrong, I am not responsible for my garbage if I have paid someone to take it to a landfill for me. I am only responsible for putting it in cans that get hauled away. That is how it works, and how it has always worked. Only in the last 20 years has this envirowacko movement started preaching to everyone about how they throw out thier trash. None of it is worth listening too. Better keep brainwashing kids in the schools and on the TV if you want new recruits to the envirowacko movement. Your wasting your energy preaching to me. (Oh and you wont brainwash my kid, Ive already prepared him for all the nonesense that is being pushed on kids today) I wonder how much time treehuggers spend sorting trash, lol.
yes you are responsible for your own garbage. i think we need to rethink things.....just because its always been this way doesn't mean its the best way. is that really your logic?

i'm not worried about changing your mind.....you will become and are becoming the minority. people who don't evolve die off. not worried about your kid either, he's even more in the minority for his generation.

you almost seem pleased that you irritate people. like your ego get's some sort of high from rubbing it in that you purposely pollute the earth and get satisfaction out of destroying it. that's extremely dysfunctional and i'm sure you have many other 'beliefs' that reflect this. yuck. done replying to this.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
yes you are responsible for your own garbage. i think we need to rethink things.....just because its always been this way doesn't mean its the best way. is that really your logic?

i'm not worried about changing your mind.....you will become and are becoming the minority. people who don't evolve die off. not worried about your kid either, he's even more in the minority for his generation.

you almost seem pleased that you irritate people. like your ego get's some sort of high from rubbing it in that you purposely pollute the earth and get satisfaction out of destroying it. that's extremely dysfunctional and i'm sure you have many other 'beliefs' that reflect this. yuck. done replying to this.
I hate liberalism, and I hate the treehugger movement. Ill agree with you about one thing, your right I do enjoy irritating liberals. They are so touchy feely, so easily offendable I just cant help myself.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times
TVs and electronics contain mercury.

Dumping electronics into a landfill cause mercury to escape into the environment.

Mercury then washes into the fresh water system.

Fish in the water system are exposed to mercury.

I then eat the fish. My body is now absorbing the mercury and has no way of expelling it. That is scientific fact.

This has nothing to do with being a liberal, a tree hugger or environmentalist. This has to do with the fact that I would really like to limit the amount of mercury and other components getting into the d*** fish that I prefer to eat. Is that so hard?

Old 10-07-2010, 04:55 AM

943 posts, read 2,281,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phriend View Post
I live in Hartland, MI and I need to recycle a 32" television (which no longer functions). I don't know if this TV is considered to be a "console" television, but it does have a thin, wooden back on it.

Livingston County Recycling will do it for me if I pay them $50 -- which will likely happen right around the time hell freezes over.

Any ideas??
$50 dollars, youre kidding right?

I'd just would get rid of it. There are things you can't recycle, unless you want to clean out its guts and use it as a trashcan or storage bin.

Looks like the RICH greenies, think everyone can afford the 50 bucks. Well I couldnt, Id have to dump it into the nearest trash bin, and say Whatever!@

Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheredoIlive? View Post
$50 dollars, youre kidding right?

I'd just would get rid of it. There are things you can't recycle, unless you want to clean out its guts and use it as a trashcan or storage bin.

Looks like the RICH greenies, think everyone can afford the 50 bucks. Well I couldnt, Id have to dump it into the nearest trash bin, and say Whatever!@
You can afford the several hundred dollars to update your tv, but not the $ needed to recycle the old one?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
You can afford the several hundred dollars to update your tv, but not the $ needed to recycle the old one?

You would have to enjoy wasting money to pay anyone 50 dollars to recycle a TV. Much cheaper to just throw it out. I guess paying someone 50 dollars to recycle the TV might make some liberals feel all warm and fuzzy since they obvioulsy care about the enviroment. lol The funniest part about the whole thing is the fact that some of these companies that advertise the fact that they dispose of these things properly simply put them in landfills as anyhow. The tree hugger thinks they have done the "enviromentally correct" thing to do and they have "saved the planet" by recycling, but in reallity the unwanted item ends up in a landfill anyway. I save money and throw it in the trash.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:31 AM

943 posts, read 2,281,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Why do liberals think everyone has money. This is why liberals have lost their minds, the limousines who think everyone has 50 bucks in ready cash laying around. Yeah the so called companies can rip off the fuzzy headed this way.

I have NEVER bought a new TV in my life.

I buy them used [20 bucks] or inherit them used.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The funniest part about the whole thing is the fact that some of these companies that advertise the fact that they dispose of these things properly simply put them in landfills as anyhow.
Consumer beware of where your money is being spent. As I've stated before, my father's company does recycling. This includes breaking the units down to the components, any boards with gold that can be retracted out goes in one direction, plastic in another direction, etc.

Again, it has nothing to do with being liberal. It has everything to do with being aware of how the contents affect the human population. See previous post.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:48 PM

809 posts, read 1,950,883 times
Quote:
yes you are responsible for your own garbage. i think we need to rethink things.....
Thanx for reminder.....I need to take my trash out to the curb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan