Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 07:58 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,320,564 times

Advertisements

'Nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 09:06 AM

4,284 posts, read 5,946,500 times
The outcome of the Michigan game did not surprise me.

I feared the MSU - Alabama game might be ugly for MSU fans, but I never imagined anything that ugly.

Five Big Ten teams played yesterday - all five teams lost. The Big 10 record for 2010 Bowl Games (or is it 2011 Bowl Games?) is now 2-5 with one more game to come.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:09 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,126 times
These games will surely not help in recruiting. These days high school kids are thinking more then ever about going somewhere they can win and having a chance to move on to the big money. Right now it looks like Michigan is gonna be bad for quite a while, and state didnt do themselves any favors.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,426,810 times
FIRE RICH RODRIGUEZ NOW!!!! RIGHT NOW!!! That was a PATHETIC display of Michigan football. Just sad.

At least Sparty lost.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 AM

413 posts, read 938,901 times
Hey, at least the Wings won!!

I couldn't decide whether to watch my beloved alma mater play, or watch the Wings play. When I tuned in, the wings were up 5-4, and MSU was down 35-0... I finished watching the wings game. *sniff*

Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 AM

362 posts, read 696,392 times
Was a horrible bowl season for the big ten. That in it's self isn't much of a surprize as many years the big ten looks awful in bowl games. Not sure just why if it is the style of play the big ten has or what. I'm also wondering it it has to due with traveling to a warmer climate and the week of hype/partying. Also agree get rid of Rich. Would love to see Harbnaugh come to Michigan.

Need a new name also now that there is 12 in the conferance.

Was a Michigan boy who did the job on MSU, how in the world did he excape the state to start with?

Al

Old 01-03-2011, 08:09 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,684,119 times
Lightbulb Notes From Ohio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post
Was a horrible bowl season for the big ten. That in it's self isn't much of a surprize as many years the big ten looks awful in bowl games. Not sure just why if it is the style of play the big ten has or what. I'm also wondering it it has to due with traveling to a warmer climate and the week of hype/partying. Also agree get rid of Rich. Would love to see Harbnaugh come to Michigan.

Was a Michigan boy who did the job on MSU, how in the world did he excape the state to start with?

Al
Alley, I'm an Ohioan born and raised, and even I felt very sad for both Michigan and MSU yesterday...

I remember it wasn't that long ago when OSU-Michigan was a RIVALRY, and Michigan had extremely good teams...but yesterday doesn't bode well for the rest of the Big 10/12 either---I mean, even Nebraska, who's joining the conference this year, got their hats handed to them by Washington...

Even I think Coach Rodriguez needs to go...it's evident that what he's been doing at UMich hasn't been working, and it may be time to get another coach...MSU has had good teams the last couple years, and in fact had one this year...but NO WAY was I expecting them to go down 49-7, or Mich to get beat 52-14...

And it seems the one conference that has been doing most of the 'hat-handing' in recent years is the SEC---just ask Ohio State when was the last time they won a meaningful game against an SEC school? I'll answer that---not lately...

It seems there is a different breed of football played in the SEC, as opposed to the Big 10, and if the '10' wants to be competitive, maybe they should revamp their playbook

Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyyooper View Post

Al
I think its all in recruiting. the more talented...faster players are almost always gonna go to the warmer states...where they mostly come from anyways, and stay at the school where they best have a chance to win a championship. Some teams in the Big Ten has tried to go to that faster spread offense, and copy those great teams...but its never gonna happen unless they can recruit a WHOLE team of fast, strong guys. I think its time for Michigan to get back to what made them great...a great defense, and a great running game...setting up the passing attack. Wisconsin is the best example of this, and they came close to beating a GREAT TCU team. State is also close, but just not enough speed to compete with the big boys. The Big Ten is in jeopardy of being a bottom dwelling conference unless they can get some of these strong..fast guys, but it probably wont happen to enough teams to keep it from happening. like I said earlier, kids nowadays want to go to a school where they have the best chance to make the big bucks, and its not the Big ten. Watch out next year when Nebraska comes in...these guys are like a souped up Wisconsin team that can get great players. At least they will help us win a few more bowl games.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:40 AM

238 posts, read 743,668 times
Well, one good thing about visiting my wife in the frigid weather of Michigan...had I been in Florida, I would have spent big bucks to park and watch the State game. At least they had a bowl game...**sigh**...

Old 01-04-2011, 01:10 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,774,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
The outcome of the Michigan game did not surprise me.

I feared the MSU - Alabama game might be ugly for MSU fans, but I never imagined anything that ugly.

Five Big Ten teams played yesterday - all five teams lost. The Big 10 record for 2010 Bowl Games (or is it 2011 Bowl Games?) is now 2-5 with one more game to come.
Iowa played a winning game against Missouri. If your statement above is true, it will make Iowa the only Big Ten team winning a bowl game this year, although I think Ohio State plays today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: