Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,901,713 times

Advertisements

Weird....mine also dropped about $4000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 10:55 AM

275 posts, read 441,797 times
Ours dropped too.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:47 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,065,523 times
Is it possible that a great many unemployed Michiganders simply fled the state? If there hadn't been any out-migration would the unemployment numbers be higher?

Old 03-16-2011, 03:11 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,856,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Is it possible that a great many unemployed Michiganders simply fled the state? If there hadn't been any out-migration would the unemployment numbers be higher?
Sure.

Michigan's Unemployment for January looks like it's going to come in at 10.7%, the lowest in 2 years. And with 74,580 more people employed than January 2010.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM

271 posts, read 665,048 times
Mine went up. I'ts gone up every year except last year when it went down just a sliver. Haven't made any changes to the place and neither have the neighbors.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:15 AM

51 posts, read 78,477 times
There are a few things that could be changing just how many are unemployed one is that because of the lack of "good" jobs available people are taking anything they can find. If you do any kond of job like using Michigan Talent Bank for example 70% of the jobs there don't pay much 7.40 to maybe 12.00 and most of the jobs are just relisted daily like the home loan / mortgage ones are there each day so that number is off as well.

As for losing on your mortgage the values givenon that information is half the value of your home and thus they are cutting a bit more since I bought mine for a lot more and it has gone down 7940.00 if you double it so I have lost more than 20% in my homes value in the last 2 years. And that is taking out less tax dollars and that is why cities are having to cut services and have no funds to do anything and then add to that the cut by the state it is going all add up but I guess homeownership is not the it was. It is a noose around my neck now, can't walk away I have about 45% paid off, many homes are in foreclosure, or are now rentals bring in people that have no respect for their neighbors and having the police at their residence a couple times a month which lowers ones home value even more. And they move out and another group moves in and the same thing happens again. Many more homes now vacant and in foreclosure and it continues. So what I was told was buying a home was apart of the American Dream but just the opposite has happen to me. It was good for the first 8 years and now I am losing money and as tax go down thing will have a ripple effect across the state. As it is happening now.

Walking away is not an option so I am stuck where I am and jobs are not available or good paying with benefit either. So like many I have given up a lot and continue losing more each year. But that is life here in Michigan these days.

Newaygo1

Old 07-10-2011, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 591 times
I agree I moved back to Flint MI from Atlanta in 2008. I worked for a Temp service for a year and yes it was full time. There are jobs out here the problem that I see is that people cant pass a background check and drug test. Some people are not looking for a job they just want to keep collecting unemployment. When looking for a job you have to do it everyday for hours at a time. In brighton MI Employment plus always need people for labor work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan