Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:20 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,074,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Shhhhh... let's keep this a secret. We don't want to be inundated with people from the south and southwest.
I seen some people wearing heavy hoodies in 80 degree weather. Either from the south or these people belong in the mental hospital
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 05:46 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,629,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
I seen some people wearing heavy hoodies in 80 degree weather. Either from the south or these people belong in the mental hospital
This made me just spit out some pie... thanks for the laugh.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:24 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,946,205 times
You can always tell the people from Florida summering in Northern MI, they are the ones wearing hoodies and pants when its in the mid-70s.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:24 PM

21,174 posts, read 19,780,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
Yeah, about that. How about building an irrigation system from the Great Lakes to the Mountain West? We'll pay you handsomely.
If you can figure out how to move some of the Rocky Mountains here, we'll consider negotiations.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:27 PM

21,174 posts, read 19,780,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
Are you sure it isn't a fashion statement? Were the waists of their pants several inches below where they are supposed to be?

Old 07-10-2014, 09:21 PM

302 posts, read 770,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Uhh, well unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you are), it's going to get colder.

Bizarre weather pattern on tap for Michigan early next week | MLive.com

Our old friend, Polar Vortex, is going to be dropping over Lake Superior next week. Most of the UP might not even break 60 degrees next Tuesday, apparently. Places along I-94 in Southern Michigan may just hover around 70 degrees.

Personally, I'm a bit more comfortable around 75-80 without humidity.
We've already had a few cold days like that here in the UP. Yesterday and Tuesday barely cracked 60.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:07 AM

898 posts, read 938,515 times
Quote:
If you can figure out how to move some of the Rocky Mountains here, we'll consider negotiations.
With all the mining they do here, it's pretty common to tear down and rebuild mountains. I'm sure we can work something out with these techniques.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:11 AM

485 posts, read 967,261 times
This weather has been fantastic! The abundance of blue skies and the cloud formations (is it Cumulus that are the big, puffy, sporadic kind?) and low humidity. Just enough occasional rain to keep everything green and lush. The corn is shooting up big time after a slow start so I think the farmers are happy too. Skeeters have died down lately in the Lansing area. I'll be heading north today for the Gaylord area so I'll find out if they are still alive and kicking there.

I've taken every chance to be outside either walking or biking and have caught myself more than any other summer thinking how fortunate I am to live in this state. And we still have until about October to take it all in.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:14 AM

485 posts, read 967,261 times
Quote:
If we were to slap a small mountain range similar to the Rockies into any part of Michigan, we'd have to build large fences to keep us from tripling in size and risk losing the relatively peace and quiet we enjoy here.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:10 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyInGreatLakes View Post
If we were to slap a small mountain range similar to the Rockies into any part of Michigan, we'd have to build large fences to keep us from tripling in size and risk losing the relatively peace and quiet we enjoy here.
Not to mention lose 1 or more of our Great Lakes...no thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan