Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2015, 09:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,370 times

Advertisements

Hi My boyfriend and I are looking for a place in Jackson. I need to know what streets are good to live on, with no violence. We plan on getting married and starting a family. Please tell me the names of streets that ARE SAFE with little to no violence. Thank you all very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 03:51 PM
chh

420 posts, read 653,320 times
I'm not very acquainted with Jackson, but I have a general idea of where good areas and bad. Anywhere west of 4th street is very safe and more well off, south of west high street, and east of Ellery street are all good areas to look at. Keep in mind you'd be relatively safe pretty much anywhere in Jackson, it's not like other small cities like Muskegon and Saginaw, but some areas are better than others.
Also, pretty much anywhere outside of the city limits is good too.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:46 PM

112 posts, read 212,727 times
The area south of downtown Jackson is not so good. It is probably the highest crime area. Usually, the farther you get from downtown Jackson the better it is. If you can live a little farther out it is probably the safest. Do you plan on buying a house or renting? How much can you afford? I find Jackson easy to live in. I think it is relatively safe. The city is no so big that it is congested but has all the services you need.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,088 times
Yeah, stay away from downtown Jackson, it's not safe there. Check out [url]http://annarborapartments.net/[/url] for some great offers on houses in fine neighborhoods.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:30 PM

i plan on buying a house

Old 04-16-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReed1989 View Post
i plan on buying a house
Someone suggested Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor is nicer than Jackson but it is also much more expensive to live there. You can buy much more real estate for your money in the Jackson area than in Ann Arbor. Also, property taxes are very high in Ann Arbor. It would behoove you to check that out beforehand.

If you buy a home try to find one with natural gas heat. Propane is quite expensive and you won't like paying those costs.

Jackson is not glamorous but it is also not congested. My son lives in Farmington Hills which is a nice area but what a rat race.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:33 PM

wheres farmington hills ? i kind of wanted to find somewhere close by Kroger on Argyle road. Thats where he works. His drive to school isn't bad

Old 04-18-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReed1989 View Post
wheres farmington hills ? i kind of wanted to find somewhere close by Kroger on Argyle road. Thats where he works. His drive to school isn't bad
Farmington Hills is northwest of Detroit.

I use the Kroger on Argyle Road. The prices are better at Kroger than Meijer for a lot of things. I think living to the west of Kroger would be better than the area to the east but that is just my opinion.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,004 times
Default warm words hope it helps.........

I want to first start by saying hello my name is jamus i like to be called jay. second i want to say find a place in jackson with no violence is wishful thinking....but i think your on the right track i know what you mean been there done that and god bless you. i have lived have lived in jackson for the last fifteen i have live on every side of town there is there is violence everywhere in jackson. but there is violence everywhere sweet heart my advice to you from exsperience keep your circles small and just keep to your selfs best has you can without it making you crazy jackson is not a bad place to live some of the people in jackson are bad... but the closer and deeper you get in the south side the the worse it gets same as the east side but if you central your self if you can you won't be disapointed i guess that is it i myself have been recently trusted some one and but they did not have me in his best intrest god willing i got a place though for the money it ain't the dream house i want but i will make it work so good luck
thanks,

sincerely,
Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan