Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 12:16 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times

Advertisements

Just heard on the news that Gov. Witless told people not to go to their summer homes during the Memorial Day weekend while she and her entourage went to HER summer home.

Start a recall movement to get rid of that clown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 03:34 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,615,402 times
It's her recommendation to stop the spread into the counties up north that do not have the hospitals and resources should the virus run amok there. It's just logic. No need to politicize. But since you went there....

Trump's making everybody wear masks in the west wing but won't wear one himself, not even at the Michigan Ford plant yesterday, disobeying our state law and Ford's policy.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:21 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,824,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Just heard on the news that Gov. Witless told people not to go to their summer homes during the Memorial Day weekend while she and her entourage went to HER summer home.

She's going to her summer home this weekend? That's totally absurd for her to do that after telling the people of Michigan not to go their summer homes this weekend. Good leaders lead by example, not edicts.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:29 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,609,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
It's her recommendation to stop the spread into the counties up north that do not have the hospitals and resources should the virus run amok there. It's just logic. No need to politicize. But since you went there....

Trump's making everybody wear masks in the west wing but won't wear one himself, not even at the Michigan Ford plant yesterday, disobeying our state law and Ford's policy.

You completely ignored the point.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:37 PM

544 posts, read 901,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
She's going to her summer home this weekend? That's totally absurd for her to do that after telling the people of Michigan not to go their summer homes this weekend. Good leaders lead by example, not edicts.
She needs to get away to think of a strategy on how to deflect the blame on the Tittabawassee River fiasco.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:48 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,824,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroythelion View Post
She needs to get away to think of a strategy on how to deflect the blame on the Tittabawassee River fiasco.
LOL That makes perfect sense! Hahaha

Old 05-22-2020, 07:55 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
Didn't she tell the workers to stay home instead of going to work and fixing the dams?

This is why you need to harass the Dems in Congress and tell them to cooperate with the Repubs on an infrastructure bill. We need the jobs more than ever to avert several tragedies (suicides, bankruptcies and structural failures).

Old 05-22-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Didn't she tell the workers to stay home instead of going to work and fixing the dams?

This is why you need to harass the Dems in Congress and tell them to cooperate with the Repubs on an infrastructure bill. We need the jobs more than ever to avert several tragedies (suicides, bankruptcies and structural failures).
You're spreading quite a bit of false news there.
The dams are privately owned by a company that will declare bankruptcy, wash their hands of the entire mess, and leave the bill to you and me while they have been pocketing the profits all the years they have owned them. They were cited by the feds, cited by the state, and did nothing.
To hell with capitalism when it comes to crucial infrastructure. They were cited long long before Whitmer ever took office.
Please stop with the false news.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
You completely ignored the point.
No I didn't. I just knew from the tone of this thread that it was never going anywhere from the get-go. Now if you want to have a rational conversation about it, I'm more than willing.

Should Whitmer lead by example? Yes. Should Trump lead by example? Yes. Should Trump obey our laws and respect the policies of our automotive company Ford and their policy on masks? Yes.

I believe Whitmer went to the governor's summer residence. It is less risk than joining the masses out in public, restaurants, and the like, however, I can see the irony.
She's concerned about masses of people visiting up north where they do not have the resources to medically deal with large outbreaks, their hospitals are not equipped. It makes sense. She's suggesting that people do not go to their summer homes. However, on that same note, she did end the lockdown on going to secondary homes a few weeks ago. So stay home extended in this case is a recommendation, but it is not a law, and nobody is stopping you from going to your second home if you so chose to. That's been opened back up. So this thread imo, is much ado about a nothing burger.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:12 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,609,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
No I didn't. I just knew from the tone of this thread that it was never going anywhere from the get-go. Now if you want to have a rational conversation about it, I'm more than willing.

Should Whitmer lead by example? Yes. Should Trump lead by example? Yes. Should Trump obey our laws and respect the policies of our automotive company Ford and their policy on masks? Yes.

I believe Whitmer went to the governor's summer residence. It is less risk than joining the masses out in public, restaurants, and the like, however, I can see the irony.
She's concerned about masses of people visiting up north where they do not have the resources to medically deal with large outbreaks, their hospitals are not equipped. It makes sense. She's suggesting that people do not go to their summer homes. However, on that same note, she did end the lockdown on going to secondary homes a few weeks ago. So stay home extended in this case is a recommendation, but it is not a law, and nobody is stopping you from going to your second home if you so chose to. That's been opened back up. So this thread imo, is much ado about a nothing burger.
I agree with you on Trump. But the thread is about Whitmer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan