Highland Park, Michigan
Highland Park: Former Ford Administration Building
Highland Park: Burned out home in Highland Park
Highland Park: Beautiful Craftsman Home
Highland Park: Looking out my window ♥
Highland Park: McGregor Library
Highland Park: 32 sturtevant, Highland Park. Long abandonded since being my childhood home (1956-1974)
Highland Park: Highland Park Community Center
Highland Park: Houses like this are seen alot.
Submit your own pictures of this city and show them to the World
|Median resident age:||42.2 years|
|Michigan median age:||39.6 years|
Zip codes: 48203.
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $13,679 (it was $12,121 in 2000)
Highland Park city income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $37,970 (it was $47,900 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2013: All housing units: $116,396; Detached houses: $120,358; Townhouses or other attached units: $111,214; In 2-unit structures: $57,191; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $79,956; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $106,571; Mobile homes: $40,569; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $41,520
Median gross rent in 2013: $575.
Races in Highland Park, MI (2013)
- 10,09290.8%Black alone
- 5765.2%White alone
- 1571.4%Two or more races
- 280.3%American Indian alone
- 210.2%Asian alone
- 80.07%Other race alone
|Highland Park may be Dissolved (13 replies)|
|No more Highland Park high school (8 replies)|
|Highland Park High School (1 reply)|
|City vs. Suburbs (see within for specific areas) (76 replies)|
|Would you move from Michigan right now? (286 replies)|
|Out-of-the-box solutions for Detroit. (51 replies)|
Latest news from Highland Park, MI collected exclusively by city-data.com from local newspapers, TV, and radio stations
Ancestries: Irish (1.9%), Subsaharan African (1.6%), United States (1.6%), German (1.1%).
Current Local Time: EST time zone
Land area: 2.98 square miles.
Population density: 3,506 people per square mile(average).
For population 25 years and over in Highland Park:
- High school or higher: 74.4%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 10.2%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.1%
- Unemployed: 19.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Highland Park city:
- Never married: 50.0%
- Now married: 19.9%
- Separated: 6.3%
- Widowed: 9.8%
- Divorced: 14.0%
78 residents are foreign born
According to our research of Michigan and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in Highland Park, Michigan as of August 03, 2015.
The ratio of number of residents in Highland Park to the number of sex offenders is 2,326 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2013: $1,214 (2.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2013: $949 (3.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Detroit, MI (1.1 miles , pop. 951,270).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Chicago, IL (238.0 miles , pop. 2,896,016).
Nearest cities: Detroit, MI (1.1 miles ), Hamtramck, MI (1.5 miles ), Hazel Park, MI (2.0 miles ), Ferndale, MI (2.1 miles ), Pleasant Ridge, MI (2.3 miles ), Oak Park, MI (2.4 miles ), Huntington Woods, MI (2.5 miles ), Center Line, MI (2.6 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 1997: 7 buildings, average cost: $28,400
Latitude: 42.40 N, Longitude: 83.10 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +2,416 (+21.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 442 (16.6%)
Crime rates in Highland Park (2012):
- 6 murders (51.4 per 100,000)
- 8 rapes (68.5 per 100,000)
- 96 robberies (822.5 per 100,000)
- 120 assaults (1,028.1 per 100,000)
- 172 burglaries (1,473.6 per 100,000)
- 277 thefts (2,373.2 per 100,000)
- 199 auto thefts (1,704.9 per 100,000)
- City-data.com crime rate = 896.9 (higher means more crime, US average = 257.8)
Crime rates in Highland Park (2013):
- 6 murders (51.8 per 100,000)
- 16 rapes (138.0 per 100,000)
- 67 robberies (578.0 per 100,000)
- 98 assaults (845.5 per 100,000)
- 155 burglaries (1,337.2 per 100,000)
- 267 thefts (2,303.5 per 100,000)
- 155 auto thefts (1,337.2 per 100,000)
- City-data.com crime rate = 806.4 (higher means more crime, US average = 244.1)
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:||0.43|
Unemployment by year (%)
Historical housing units
Population change in the 1990s: -3,349 (-16.7%).
- Manufacturing (21%)
- Accommodation and food services (13%)
- Transportation and warehousing (12%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Administrative and support and waste management services (10%)
- Other services, except public administration (8%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Health care and social assistance (33%)
- Retail trade (12%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Manufacturing (8%)
- Educational services (8%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (6%)
- Production occupations (17%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (12%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (12%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (10%)
- Transportation occupations (9%)
- Material moving occupations (8%)
- Community and social service occupations (5%)
- Office and administrative support occupations (15%)
- Sales and related occupations (14%)
- Healthcare support occupations (10%)
- Personal care and service occupations (9%)
- Community and social service occupations (9%)
- Food preparation and serving related occupations (9%)
- Production occupations (7%)
Average climate in Highland Park, Michigan
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
Highland Park-area historical tornado activity is slightly above Michigan state average. It is 28% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 7/4/1957, a category F4 (max. wind speeds 207-260 mph) tornado 8.1 miles away from the Highland Park city center injured 6 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
On 5/12/1956, a category F4 tornado 12.2 miles away from the city center injured 22 people and caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:Highland Park-area historical earthquake activity is slightly above Michigan state average. It is 86% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 9/25/1998 at 19:52:52, a magnitude 5.2 (4.8 MB, 4.3 MS, 5.2 LG, 4.5 MW, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 152.8 miles away from the city center
On 1/31/1986 at 16:46:43, a magnitude 5.0 (5.0 MB) earthquake occurred 114.2 miles away from Highland Park center
On 1/26/2001 at 03:03:20, a magnitude 4.4 (3.9 MB, 4.4 LG, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 122.1 miles away from the city center
On 7/12/1986 at 08:19:37, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 MB) earthquake occurred 144.9 miles away from the city center
On 7/27/1980 at 18:52:21, a magnitude 5.2 (5.1 MB, 4.7 MS, 5.0 UK, 5.2 UK) earthquake occurred 293.8 miles away from Highland Park center
On 4/18/2008 at 09:36:59, a magnitude 5.4 (5.1 MB, 4.8 MS, 5.4 MW, 5.2 MW, Depth: 8.9 mi) earthquake occurred 371.6 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Wayne County (12) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 4
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 8, Floods: 6, Tornadoes: 3, Blizzard: 1, Hurricane: 1, Power Outage: 1, Snowstorm: 1, Winter Storm: 1 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Birthplace of: John Conyers - Politician, Ted Simmons - Baseball player and coach, Michael Barone (pundit) - Lawyer and writer, Steve Smith (basketball) - Basketball player, Bill Haley - (1925-1981), musician ("Bill Haley and the Comets"), Butch Hartman - Animator, Dan Miller (U.S. politician) - Politician, Ed Budde - Player of football, Gary Waters - Basketball player-coach, Martin Fridson - Economics writer.
Hospitals and medical centers in Highland Park:
Amtrak stations near Highland Park:
- 3 miles: DETROIT (11 W. BALTIMORE AVE.) . Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, free short-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 7 miles: ROYAL OAK (201 S. SHERMAN DR.) . Services: enclosed waiting area, public payphones, vending machines, paid short-term parking, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
- 9 miles: DEARBORN (16121 MICHIGAN AVE.) . Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, vending machines, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Highland Park:
- University of Detroit Mercy (about 3 miles; Detroit, MI; Full-time enrollment: 3,406)
- Wayne State University (about 4 miles; Detroit, MI; FT enrollment: 20,204)
- Wayne County Community College District (about 6 miles; Detroit, MI; FT enrollment: 10,554)
- Henry Ford Community College (about 9 miles; Dearborn, MI; FT enrollment: 12,610)
- University of Michigan-Dearborn (about 9 miles; Dearborn, MI; FT enrollment: 6,712)
- Lawrence Technological University (about 9 miles; Southfield, MI; FT enrollment: 2,430)
- Macomb Community College (about 10 miles; Warren, MI; FT enrollment: 15,669)
Public high schools in Highland Park:
Public elementary/middle schools in Highland Park:
- George Washington Carver Academy School (Students: 527; Location: 14510 SECOND AVENUE; Grades: K-8)
- Ford Academy For Comm/Perf Arts School (Students: 525; Location: 131 PILGRIM AVENUE; Grades: K-8)
- Business Entrepreneurship Science Tech. Academy School (Students: 501; Location: 200 HIGHLAND AVENUE; Grades: K-8)
- Barber Focus Of Math Sci Tec School (Students: 476; Location: 45 E. BUENA VISTA STREET; Grades: K-8)
- Liberty Focus Educational Center School (Students: 333; Location: 16535 JOSLYN; Grades: K-8)
- Northpointe Academy School (Students: 329; Location: 53 CANDLER; Grades: K-8)
- Cortland Elementary School (Students: 262; Location: 138 CORTLAND STREET; Grades: K-5)
- Blanche Kelso Bruce Academy-Calumet School (Students: 71; Location: 330 GLENDALE)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- The McGregor Public Library, sadly, has closed.
Notable locations in Highland Park: Highland Park Civic Center (A), Highland Park Fire Department (B). Display/hide their locations on the map
Shopping Centers: Model T Plaza Shopping Center (1), Highland Park Place Shopping Center (2). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in Highland Park include: Mountain View Missionary Baptist Church (A), New Grace Missionary Baptist Church (B), New Truth Missionary Baptist Church (C), Old Solid Rock Missionary Baptist Church (D), Park United Presbyterian Church (E), Gospel True Light Church of God in Christ (F), Grace Christian Methodist Episcopal Church (G), Greater Philadelphia Tabernacle Church of God in Christ (H), Hamilton Missionary Baptist Church (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
Parks in Highland Park include: Ford Park (1), Birthplace of Model T Historical Marker (2), Highland Park Plant Historical Marker (3), Glendale Park (4), Ives Field (5). Display/hide their locations on the map
Hotels: Bali Motel (1730 East 8 Mile Road), Crown Motel (16375 Woodward Avenue).
Air pollution and air quality trends
(lower is better)
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2012 was 128. This is significantly worse than average.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) [ppm] level in 2012 was 0.427. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 3.2 miles away from the city center.
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 12.8. This is significantly worse than average. Closest monitor was 1.4 miles away from the city center.
Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [ppb] level in 2012 was 1.70. This is about average. Closest monitor was 1.4 miles away from the city center.
Ozone [ppb] level in 2012 was 23.9. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 1.4 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM10) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 25.6. This is worse than average. Closest monitor was 7.1 miles away from the city center.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µg/m3] level in 2012 was 6.78. This is better than average. Closest monitor was 3.2 miles away from the city center.
Lead (Pb) [µg/m3] level in 2010 was 0.00599. This is significantly better than average. Closest monitor was 3.2 miles away from the city center.
(38.8% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 52.2% for Black residents, 11.1% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 46.2% for two or more races residents)
|This city:||2.4 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
People in group quarters in Highland Park in 2010:
- 401 people in residential treatment centers for adults
- 139 people in correctional facilities intended for juveniles
- 111 people in other noninstitutional facilities
- 94 people in nursing facilities/skilled-nursing facilities
- 69 people in group homes intended for adults
- 17 people in emergency and transitional shelters (with sleeping facilities) for people experiencing homelessness
People in group quarters in Highland Park in 2000:
- 356 people in other noninstitutional group quarters
- 220 people in nursing homes
- 186 people in homes or halfway houses for drug/alcohol abuse
- 60 people in homes for the mentally ill
- 41 people in other group homes
- 13 people in mental (psychiatric) hospitals or wards
- 7 people in homes for the mentally retarded
- 6 people in wards in general hospitals for patients who have no usual home elsewhere
Highland Park compared to Michigan state average:
- Median household income significantly below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage significantly above state average.
- House age above state average.
- Number of college students below state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Banks with branches in Highland Park (2011 data):
- RBS Citizens, National Association: Highland Park at 12380 Woodward Avenue, branch established on 1934/05/01. Info updated 2007/09/19: Bank assets: $106,940.6 mil, Deposits: $75,690.2 mil, headquarters in Providence, RI, positive income, 1135 total offices, Holding Company: Uk Financial Investments Limited
- Guaranty Bank: Highland Park Branch at 14100 Woodward Avenue, branch established on 2004/03/30. Info updated 2011/07/21: Bank assets: $1,179.1 mil, Deposits: $1,102.7 mil, headquarters in Milwaukee, WI, negative income in the last year, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 166 total offices
Educational Attainment (%) in 2013
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2013
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (80%)
- Electricity (19%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for Highland Park city (based on Wayne County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Wayne County:||2.81 / 10,000 pop.|
|Michigan:||2.34 / 10,000 pop.|
|This county:||0.09 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||0.18 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||1.48 / 10,000 pop.|
|Michigan:||1.52 / 10,000 pop.|
|Wayne County:||2.64 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||2.99 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||5.14 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.80 / 10,000 pop.|
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2012)|
|Function||Full-time employees||Monthly full-time payroll||Average yearly full-time wage||Part-time employees||Monthly part-time payroll|
|Other Government Administration||12||$70,902||$70,902||0||$0|
|Police Protection - Officers||19||$80,872||$51,077||12||$7,108|
|Police - Other||0||$0||39||$13,759|
|Housing and Community Development(Local)||5||$18,423||$44,215||7||$8,683|
|Other and Unallocable||26||$100,976||$46,604||0||$0|
|Totals for Government||76||$328,680||$51,897||58||$29,550|
Highland Park government finances - Expenditure in 2006 (per resident):
- Current Operations - Police Protection: $4,428,000 ($424.10)
General - Other: $3,544,000 ($339.43)
Sewerage: $2,337,000 ($223.83)
Water Utilities: $2,157,000 ($206.59)
General Public Buildings: $1,509,000 ($144.53)
Housing and Community Development: $1,330,000 ($127.38)
Regular Highways: $1,078,000 ($103.25)
Financial Administration: $882,000 ($84.47)
Judicial and Legal Services: $586,000 ($56.12)
Local Fire Protection: $486,000 ($46.55)
Solid Waste Management: $448,000 ($42.91)
Central Staff Services: $405,000 ($38.79)
Health - Other: $274,000 ($26.24)
Parks and Recreation: $113,000 ($10.82)
Protective Inspection and Regulation, NEC: $69,000 ($6.61)
- General - Interest on Debt: $1,347,000 ($129.01)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $3,206,000 ($307.06)
- Water Utilities - Interest on Debt: $133,000 ($12.74)
Highland Park government finances - Revenue in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Sewerage: $3,079,000 ($294.90)
Housing and Community Development: $458,000 ($43.87)
All Other: $0 ($0.00)
- Federal Intergovernmental - Housing and Community Development: $846,000 ($81.03)
All Other: $743,000 ($71.16)
- Miscellaneous - Interest Earnings: $1,881,000 ($180.16)
Rents: $1,071,000 ($102.58)
Fines and Forfeits: $712,000 ($68.19)
General Revenue, NEC: $172,000 ($16.47)
Sale of Property: $24,000 ($2.30)
- Revenue - Water Utilities: $2,842,000 ($272.20)
- State Intergovernmental - General Local Government Support: $4,017,000 ($384.73)
Highways: $1,025,000 ($98.17)
- Tax - Property: $4,114,000 ($394.02)
Individual Income: $2,306,000 ($220.86)
Occupation and Business License, NEC: $25,000 ($2.39)
Other License: $6,000 ($0.57)
Highland Park government finances - Debt in 2006 (per resident):
- Long Term Debt - Beginning Outstanding - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $43,385,000 ($4155.25)
Outstanding Nonguaranteed - Industrial Revenue: $41,720,000 ($3995.79)
Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $27,140,000 ($2599.37)
Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $26,310,000 ($2519.87)
Retired Nonguaranteed - Public Debt for Private Purpose: $1,665,000 ($159.47)
Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $830,000 ($79.49)
- Short Term Debt Outstanding - End of Fiscal Year: $1,250,000 ($119.72)
Beginning: $1,250,000 ($119.72)
Highland Park government finances - Cash and Securities in 2006 (per resident):
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $3,913,000 ($374.77)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $43,104,000 ($4128.34)
3.88% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($33,345 average adjusted gross income)
0.03% of residents moved from foreign countries ($616 average AGI)
Wayne County: 0.03% Michigan average: 0.03%
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Oakland County, MI||1.03% ($35,466 average AGI)|
|from Macomb County, MI||0.57% ($27,796)|
|from Washtenaw County, MI||0.33% ($34,618)|
5.12% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($39,728 average adjusted gross income)
0.04% of residents moved to foreign countries ($359 average AGI)
Wayne County: 0.04% Michigan average: 0.05%
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in Highland Park:
- WWJ (950 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WQBH (1400 AM; 1 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: QUEEN'S BROADCASTING CORP.)
- WXYT (1270 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORP. OF DETROIT)
- WJR (760 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WDFN (1130 AM; 50 kW; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WCHB (1200 AM; 50 kW; TAYLOR, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WFDF (910 AM; 50 kW; FLINT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WEXL (1340 AM; 1 kW; ROYAL OAK, MI; Owner: WMUZ RADIO, INC.)
- WXDX (1310 AM; 5 kW; DEARBORN, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WUFL (1030 AM; daytime; 5 kW; STERLING HEIGHTS, MI; Owner: FAMILY LIFE BROADCASTING SYSTEM)
- WDEO (990 AM; 9 kW; YPSILANTI, MI; Owner: WORD BROADCASTERS, INC.)
- WOAP (1080 AM; 50 kW; OWOSSO, MI)
- WTKA (1050 AM; 10 kW; ANN ARBOR, MI; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Strongest FM radio stations in Highland Park:
- WJLB (97.9 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WHPR-FM (88.1 FM; HIGHLAND PARK, MI; Owner: R.J.'S LATE NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATION)
- WDTR-FM (90.9 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: BOARD OF EDUCATION, CITY OF DETROIT)
- WNIC (100.3 FM; DEARBORN, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WVMV (98.7 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WMGC-FM (105.1 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WCSX (94.7 FM; BIRMINGHAM, MI; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WDVD (96.3 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WDET-FM (101.9 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY)
- WMXD (92.3 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WGPR (107.5 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: WGPR, INC.)
- WDTW (106.7 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WYCD (99.5 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF MICHIGAN)
- WKRK-FM (97.1 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING OPERATIONS, INC.)
- WDTJ (105.9 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: RADIO ONE OF DETROIT, LLC)
- WRIF (101.1 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: GREATER BOSTON RADIO, INC.)
- WDRQ (93.1 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: ABC, INC.)
- WOMC (104.3 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: INFINITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION OF MICHIGAN)
- WKQI (95.5 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: AMFM RADIO LICENSES, L.L.C.)
- WMUZ (103.5 FM; DETROIT, MI; Owner: WMUZ RADIO, INC.)
TV broadcast stations around Highland Park:
- WWJ-TV (Channel 62; DETROIT, MI; Owner: CBS BROADCASTING INC.)
- WDWB (Channel 20; DETROIT, MI; Owner: WXON LICENSE, INC.)
- WTVS (Channel 56; DETROIT, MI; Owner: DETROIT EDUC. TV FOUNDATION)
- WBXD-CA (Channel 5; DETROIT, MI; Owner: THE BOX WORLDWIDE LLC)
- WJBK (Channel 2; DETROIT, MI; Owner: FOX TELEVISION STATIONS, INC.)
- WXYZ-TV (Channel 7; DETROIT, MI; Owner: CHANNEL 7 OF DETROIT, INC.)
- WDIV-TV (Channel 4; DETROIT, MI; Owner: POST-NEWSWEEK STATIONS, MICHIGAN, INC.)
- WLPC-LP (Channel 26; DETROIT, MI; Owner: GLENN R. AND KARIN A. PLUMMER)
- WDWO-CA (Channel 18; DETROIT, MI; Owner: TCT OF MICHIGAN, INC.)
- WKBD (Channel 50; DETROIT, MI; Owner: VIACOM STATIONS GROUP OF DETROIT INC.)
- W33BY (Channel 68; DETROIT, MI; Owner: HIGHLAND PARK BROADCASTING, L.P.)
- WADL (Channel 38; MOUNT CLEMENS, MI; Owner: ADELL BROADCASTING CORPORATION)
- W48AV (Channel 48; DETROIT, MI; Owner: PAXSON COMMUNICATIONS LICENSE COMPANY, LLC)
- WNWO-TV (Channel 24; TOLEDO, OH; Owner: RAYCOM NATIONAL, INC.)
- WFUM (Channel 28; FLINT, MI; Owner: UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN)
- W66BV (Channel 66; DETROIT, MI; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
Fatal accident count (per 100,000 population)
- National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
- 15Number of bridges
- 99m325ftTotal length
- 646,000Total average daily traffic
- 13,990Total average daily truck traffic
New bridges - Historical Statistics
FCC Registered Commercial Land Mobile Towers:1
- 43 Oakman Blvd. (Lat: 42.403917 Lon: -83.108806), Type: Tower, Structure height: 44 m, Overall height: 49 m, Call Sign: WPTM243
Assigned Frequencies: 856.487 MHz, 856.562 MHz, 856.587 MHz, 856.612 MHz, 856.662 MHz, 856.737 MHz, 856.837 MHz, 856.962 MHz, 856.987 MHz, 857.062 MHz... (+244 more)
Grant Date: 10/12/2011, Expiration Date: 10/30/2021, Certifier: Robin J Glenny
Registrant: Sprint Nextel Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA 20191, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:5
- Police Dept 25 Gerald (Lat: 42.406139 Lon: -83.096306), Call Sign: KQA329
Assigned Frequencies: 155.370 MHz
Grant Date: 04/03/1997, Expiration Date: 06/15/2002, Cancellation Date: 10/20/2002
Registrant: City Of Highland Park, 25 Gerald, Highland Park, MI 48203
- 12000 Lynn Townsend Dr (Lat: 42.401694 Lon: -83.078806), Type: Bant, Structure height: 30 m, Overall height: 36 m, Call Sign: KCL662, Licensee ID: L00002945
Assigned Frequencies: 151.835 MHz
Grant Date: 01/05/2012, Expiration Date: 02/04/2022, Certifier: Thomas E Gunton
Registrant: Chrysler Group LLC
- 12800 Lynn Townsend Dr (Lat: 42.402250 Lon: -83.083250), Call Sign: KLJ499, Licensee ID: L00002945
Assigned Frequencies: 462.200 MHz
Grant Date: 12/13/2012, Expiration Date: 01/21/2023, Certifier: Thomas E Gunton
Registrant: Chrysler Group LLC
- 7 Pasadena (Lat: 42.406694 Lon: -83.097694), Call Sign: KWH722, Licensee ID: L01058611
Assigned Frequencies: 152.420 MHz
Grant Date: 10/04/2005, Expiration Date: 08/27/2015
Registrant: Metropolitan Cab Company, 16525 Woodward, Highland Park, MI 48203, Phone: (313) 869-9100
- Lat: 42.402583 Lon: -83.083694, Call Sign: WQLY829
Assigned Frequencies: 451.612 MHz, 456.612 MHz, 451.737 MHz, 456.737 MHz
Grant Date: 06/01/2010, Expiration Date: 06/01/2020, Certifier: Ian J Pilcher
Registrant: Business Radio Licensing, 26941 Cabot Rd #134, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, Phone: (949) 348-8510, Fax: (949) 348-8514, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:4
- LAND, 100 Ft E Of 12000 Oakland Avenue (Lat: 42.402250 Lon: -83.078250), Overall height: 39.6 m, Call Sign: WMJ435, Licensee ID: L00045531
Assigned Frequencies: 10618.7 MHz
Grant Date: 04/23/1996, Expiration Date: 02/01/2001, Cancellation Date: 05/06/2001, Certifier: Joseph M Sandri Jr.
Registrant: Winstar Wireless Fiber Corp., 1615 L Street, Nw., Suite 1260, Washington, DC 20036, Phone: (202) 367-7600, Fax: (202) 659-1931, Email:
- 15851 Woodward Ave (Lat: 42.412528 Lon: -83.102694), Structure height: 9.1 m, Overall height: 10.4 m, Call Sign: WPNJ968
Assigned Frequencies: 12800.0 MHz
Grant Date: 03/19/1998, Expiration Date: 10/01/2013
Registrant: Phone: (303) 798-1700
- HIGHLANDPA, 12000 Oakland Avenue (Lat: 42.402250 Lon: -83.078250), Overall height: 42.1 m, Call Sign: WLL830
Assigned Frequencies: 17720.0 MHz, 11265.0 MHz
Grant Date: 06/14/1990, Expiration Date: 04/30/1998, Cancellation Date: 04/30/1998
Registrant: Mci Worldcom Network Services Inc, 2270 Lakeside Dr, Richardson, TX 75082
- HPARK, 12000 Oakland (Lat: 42.401833 Lon: -83.078528), Overall height: 27.1 m, Call Sign: WLV412
Assigned Frequencies: 10616.2 MHz
Grant Date: 05/07/1991, Expiration Date: 02/01/2001, Cancellation Date: 12/22/2002
Registrant: Local Area Telecommunications Inc, 17 Battery Place Suite 1200, New York, NY 10004-1256
FCC Registered Paging Towers:1
- 12800 Oakland Avenue (Lat: 42.402250 Lon: -84.083278), Call Sign: KQK771
Assigned Frequencies: 454.025 MHz
Grant Date: 05/11/1999, Expiration Date: 04/01/2009, Cancellation Date: 11/12/2004, Certifier: Paul H Kuzia
Registrant: Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP, 2300 N Street, N.W., 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20037, Phone: (202) 783-4141, Fax: (202) 783-5851, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:5
- Call Sign: K8WRA, Licensee ID: L01284498
Grant Date: 07/28/2007, Expiration Date: 09/03/2017
Registrant: Kenneth D Leonard, 71 Tyler, Highland Park, MI 48203-3634
- Call Sign: KB8UKJ, Licensee ID: L00963197
Grant Date: 01/11/2005, Expiration Date: 01/11/2015
Registrant: Michael Seunagal, Highland Park, MI 48203
- Call Sign: KC8KIQ
Grant Date: 06/04/1998, Expiration Date: 06/04/2008, Cancellation Date: 06/05/2010
Registrant: William Jewell, 33 Labelle 1016, Highland Park, MI 48203-3678
- Call Sign: N8FWD
Grant Date: 12/14/1994, Expiration Date: 12/14/2004, Cancellation Date: 12/15/2006
Registrant: Harold N Walton, 250 Louise, Highland Park, MI 48203
- Call Sign: N8JUK
Grant Date: 06/12/1998, Expiration Date: 06/12/2008, Cancellation Date: 06/15/2010
Registrant: Jean W Leonard, 71 Tyler, Highland Park, MI 48203
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 184
- Hazardous Condition: 45
- Service Call: 1
Incident types - Highland Park
|Most common first names in Highland Park, MI among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in Highland Park, MI among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
|Businesses in Highland Park, MI|
|CVS||1||Ryder Rental & Truck Leasing||1|
|H&R Block||1||The Athlete's Foot||1|
|Little Caesars Pizza||1||Verizon Wireless||1|
Highland Park on our top lists:
- #11 on the list of "Top 100 cities with declining populations from 2000 to 2008 (pop. 5,000+)"
- #13 (48203) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Assyrian/Chaldean/Syriac first ancestries"
- #52 (48203) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of Iraqi first ancestries"
- #82 (48203) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of residents speaking other language at home (pop 5,000+)"
- #2 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for Kerry (Democrat) in the 2004 Presidential Election"
- #6 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the largest number of people moving out compared to moving in (pop. 50,000+)"
- #8 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest average weight of females"
- #9 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest Particulate Matter (PM2.5) Annual air pollution readings in 2005 (µg/m3)"
- #14 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the lowest percentage of residents relocating from other counties between 2005 and 2006"
Total of 2 patent applications in 2008-2015.